Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 7552 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 26, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »

I think 5 Senators would be fine, especially given that we're pretty much the only active federal institution (apart from the DoFE) at the moment
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »

This Senate's decision to award Constitutional Convention delegates on the basis of political party membership is an entirely novel and disturbing trend in Atlasian history.  Never have partisan considerations played such a prominent role in reshaping Atlasian society.

I agree totally.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »

I support the Truman amendment, and would like to take this opportunity to welcome him to the Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »

Exclusion of the Senators from participating in the convention is a horrible idea for two major reasons: first, we are currently the only active federal institution that works regularly, despite all the problems. Thus, we can bring both experience and activity. We already have a legitimacy, being vested by the people of Atlasia with their trust as they elected us to this body.

Second, an idea of excluding anybody from having a say in the process, in this case Senators, is plain wrong.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »

And I second your motion.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »

A resounding AYE!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: