Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 7556 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: August 29, 2015, 05:01:38 AM »
« edited: August 29, 2015, 05:05:14 AM by President bore »

I'm inclined to say that the ConCon should be as representative as possible of atlasia as it is now, so I think that carving out different amounts of delegates for different interest groups like the senate or the governors or the parties should be avoided.

Why not just have 25 delegates decided by a whole nation vote?

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:39:10 AM »

I don't think Bores idea is one possible two feasible and three shouldn't happen. The other system in place makes more sense. It ones makes sure it's not even close to partisan, let's the regional legislature decide on who would be the best for their own region. And lastly lets more active members get in their instead of somebody from ANUS or NNP who's main goals are to kill and tear the game apart.

Oh and Bore reopen the stock markets now.

lol

I doubt atlasia has more than 25 active members so I'd be surprised if there are any active members who want to be in the ConCon but are frozen out, for instance even the supposedly superactive senate is half dead in terms of membership. By making people who want to serve actively have to announce their candidacy and face an election you will actually get more active people, as opposed to a governor or chairman choosing inactive hacks.

Going through your (attempted?) list of why you don't like my suggestion, it's obviously possible, feasible means the same thing as possible and shouldn't happen is just you saying you don't like it, which we already knew.

As for your defence of the other proposal, the idea that it's less partisan is laughable, as it literally involves party chairman choosing seats, along with both a senate and governors who are just as, if not far more, partisan than voters.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »

I don't think Bores idea is one possible two feasible and three shouldn't happen. The other system in place makes more sense. It ones makes sure it's not even close to partisan, let's the regional legislature decide on who would be the best for their own region. And lastly lets more active members get in their instead of somebody from ANUS or NNP who's main goals are to kill and tear the game apart.

Oh and Bore reopen the stock markets now.

lol

I doubt atlasia has more than 25 active members so I'd be surprised if there are any active members who want to be in the ConCon but are frozen out, for instance even the supposedly superactive senate is half dead in terms of membership. By making people who want to serve actively have to announce their candidacy and face an election you will actually get more active people, as opposed to a governor or chairman choosing inactive hacks.

Going through your (attempted?) list of why you don't like my suggestion, it's obviously possible, feasible means the same thing as possible and shouldn't happen is just you saying you don't like it, which we already knew.

As for your defence of the other proposal, the idea that it's less partisan is laughable, as it literally involves party chairman choosing seats, along with both a senate and governors who are just as, if not far more, partisan than voters.
Look who's talking about being active? The problem is people are more likely to only vote yes for the people who share their ideology.

I've never been fond of or led the activity crusade (and my past record can confirm this) but you're right that I do object to the strong whiff of hypocrisy from certain people who take every opportunity to whinge about my lack of activity and then ignore the beam in their own.

Anyway the problem you've identified is the reason I advocated for a simple system in the first place, that the ConCon will reflect the ideology of atlasia.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 03:45:06 AM »

You could have a fairly simple FPTP system where a certain number of votes (say, 4) was required to become a delegate (that would even give an incentive to get as many people involved in the process as possible.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »

I guess I'll echo simfan now. I don't especially like this way of doing things, but speed is of the essence and, as griffin points out, the composition will probably be roughly the same anyway. Let's just get this done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies