Question Time (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:04:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Question Time (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time  (Read 10315 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: August 28, 2015, 08:30:06 AM »

To ask the Minister for Social Protection what will be done to address the human rights abuses in which states within our republic are forcing minors to give birth to children conceived as a result of rape or incest in a clear violation of their reproductive rights.

As my honourable friend Cassius explains we're at the difficult stage of trying to unify a complex set of laws and regulations from over 12 different nations. One of my departments main priorities will be healthcare and ensuring that their is a sufficient safety net in place to prevent these awful abuses from happening in the first place. In this case it appears that the abusive behavior from the step-father had been reported in 2014 but no further actions had taken place.

My personal view is that a woman should have a right to an abortion and it should be 'safe, legal and rare. Obviously the political situation is much more complex than that-in Paraguay 89% of the population are Catholic and the church and local authorities have settled to only allow abortion in cases of danger to the mothers life. However forcing an 11 year old girl to give birth after being raped by her step-father is simply dangerous
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 03:38:27 AM »

To ask the Prime Minister why members of his cabinet are openly giving their support to an Atlasian presidential candidate who openly supports imperialist annexation of Canada, Mexico, and Central America. For all of this government's lamenting and obsessing over diplomatic relations with Atlasia, one would think they would at least have a coherent position on that.

Well as the Prime Minister stated in his remarks President Bore has opened up relations with our great nation only a couple of days ago, and I'm sure my esteemed colleagues across the house will agree with that.

I endorsed Griffin for President because he's always been an active voice for Atlasia, and much like the Conservative-Liberal Government here he's been a clear voice for reform and good governance. I don't support his plans to expand into Canada, Mexico and Central America. It's as simple as that. If Griffin became President I'd oppose his attempts at expansion, just as I would from any other Presidential candidate. It's also worth noting that it's just Griffin's plan-even as President he'd still have to get it through a constitutional convention
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies