Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 07:21:07 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Abraham Will Announce Challenge to Stabenow Soon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Abraham Will Announce Challenge to Stabenow Soon  (Read 1121 times)
nick
nickshepDEM
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:25:34 pm »
Ignore

From The Hill:

Jane Abraham, the wife of former Sen. Spencer Abraham (R-Mich.), is all but certain to announce her candidacy for her husbandís old seat by the end of the month, conservative activists say.
Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), who narrowly beat Spencer Abraham in 2000, is up for reelection next year.

A Michigan Republican said yesterday that Abraham, the head of an anti-abortion group called the Susan B. Anthony List, met last week with leading fundraisers around the state. The Republican estimated that it would cost the GOP nominee $20 million to take back the seat in the Democratic-leaning state.
Once she jumps in, Abraham is likely to emerge as the GOP front-runner. The Rev. Keith Butler of Detroit is the only Republican officially running for the Senate nomination but has failed to get leading Republicans in Michigan and Washington to rally around him.
AuH2O
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:52:46 pm »
Ignore

Stabenow has generally been underrated politically, among the culprits being myself, but Abraham is potentially a solid candidate.

The GOP has a lot more money than the DNC-- in part because Dean was overrated as a fundraiser (which I predicted, by the way). In any case, if Abraham gets off the ground OK and is even somewhat close, the GOP can throw unlimited funds at MI.

don't forget to remember, the devil's got pills in his eyes

look, laugh, but don't touch... cut you down to size
Ectoplasm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:20:50 am »
Ignore

Stebennaw will win.  It's like washington state in the pres. election.  the questio0n is how much $ will it cost?

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

MissCatholic
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 10:34:38 am »
Ignore

Republicans should wait for 2008. if hillary gets the nomination it would help the republicans if they sit and wait to challenge expected retiree Carl Levin.

Debbie Stabenow though will get re-elected. Shes 1/14 i think women in the senate.

You cannot learn without pain - Aristotle
Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:08:34 pm »

Debbie Stabenow though will get re-elected. Shes 1/14 i think women in the senate.

And Jane Abraham falls down in that respect, how exactly?

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 04:15:46 pm »
Ignore

I was hoping she would run, considering all the really good candidates refuse too. She will lose 47-52, but at least it won't be a Stabenow blowout it would have been with a no name candidate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout