How brutal is this Scott Walker clip?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How brutal is this Scott Walker clip?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How brutal is this Scott Walker clip?  (Read 2486 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

https://youtu.be/5d667Bb_iYA?t=1m26s

...wow.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:36:14 AM »

he's a retard brtd. literally. no wonder he flunked out of college.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »

Bleep bloorp bleep *SCREEECH* DOES NOT COMPUTE
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2015, 01:24:44 PM by Invisible Obama »

He is a moron. If it wasn't for off-year and midterm elections with slanted turnout, he would not have a career at all.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »

But three times in four years
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »

Look at his opponents. How dumb did the Wisconsin democratic party have to be to let Tom Barrett, who Walker beat just two years earlier, be their candidate in the recall? And Mary Burke, for all her personal merit, was anything but an experienced opponent.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

Never in a presidential year, though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »

Just another drop into the very large bucket that will be dragging his campaign to its well-deserved end.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »

He is a moron. If it wasn't for off-year and  midterm elections with slanted turnout, he would not have a career at all.

If it wasn't for off year elections and slanted turnout (you'd think in a recall, opponents would be more likely to turn out), most politicians would probably not have much of a career, either.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 01:50:53 PM »

I haven't watched the clip, but... I remember the audio clip from a few years ago when a guy pretended to be one of the Koch brothers and called Walker's office. Walker sounded fluent and informed about his political agenda in conversation. That's why I've been slower to see what others see here.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »

Look at his opponents. How dumb did the Wisconsin democratic party have to be to let Tom Barrett, who Walker beat just two years earlier, be their candidate in the recall? And Mary Burke, for all her personal merit, was anything but an experienced opponent.

That comment was sarcastic, sorry for not making that clear.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »

I haven't watched the clip, but... I remember the audio clip from a few years ago when a guy pretended to be one of the Koch brothers and called Walker's office. Walker sounded fluent and informed about his political agenda in conversation. That's why I've been slower to see what others see here.

That's because the call related to Union Busting, the only issue Walker knows or cares about.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Nothing surprising, honestly. The reason why this guy has been so successful is actually even simpler than the fact that he's been running in favorable years for Republicans: He has rich and powerful puppetee- I mean "friends."
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

I wondered back when he made this comment, what weird political calculus was his notion of going to a gay reception but not a gay wedding?

We saw the same thing with his various positions on the 14th amendment and birthright citizenship last week. These kind of meandering positions of trying to placate the base while not seeming too extreme always seem to end up with him tripping over himself.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »

Walker strikes me as someone who might work well as a more local candidate but not nationally. He can probably give better answers if asked about the state budget or something, but that's not what wins Presidential elections.

I remember one of his ads I saw a lot in late 2014 (remember the Twin Cities market expands into Wisconsin) which was pretty good, it was quite simple, just him looking at the camera and talking about the economic growth in Wisconsin during his Governorship. "Our unemployment rate has dropped from X% to only Y%! We've created XXX,XXX new jobs! And Wisconsin has now moved up and is one of the top 4 Midwestern states for lowest unemployment. Not last, in the top 4!"

Of course the ad is quite misleading, EVERYWHERE had economic growth during that period, and if you look at the list that appeared on the screen when he bragged about Wisconsin being "top 4" you'd see that it was just comparing Wisconsin amongst a list of 10 states. So basically Wisconsin ranked 4 out of 10, OK not exactly a terrible place to be but not something one would usually brag about as an amazing success story. But the ad's style I think worked well. Wish I could find the ad but all searching for him now brings up the Presidential campaign instead of his 2014 campaign so it'll take awhile.

But that sort of advertising and policy wonk attitude doesn't cut it amongst an electorate where Donald Trump is leading.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 12:42:30 PM »

Miss South Carolina goes to Washington.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »

I don't think this clip is actually that bad, especially when compared to everything else.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:26 AM »

In South America we have special campaigns for people like Walker, they are called Teleton.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »

he's a retard brtd. literally. no wonder he flunked out of college.
100% agree
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 07:54:53 AM »

I don't think this clip is actually that bad, especially when compared to everything else.

I was gonna say, these threads are wasting my time. Trump's Asian comments weren't half as bad as I expected, this wasn't a bad comment and the Rubio football thing was almost not even worth a 10-second clip.

I'm amazed at what is news nowadays.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »

Walker always sounds totally scripted to me, and here he gave a scripted answer. Actually, his position of being willing to attend gay wedding receptions, but not the wedding himself, is a reasonable distinction to make for some who think gay weddings are immortal, although in Walker's case it is more about pandering. Even if you think SSM is not a good idea, unless you think the act of gays availing themselves of the right to get married given its legal is some sort of evil act, there is no reason not to go the the wedding.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »

Walker always sounds totally scripted to me, and here he gave a scripted answer. Actually, his position of being willing to attend gay wedding receptions, but not the wedding himself, is a reasonable distinction to make for some who think gay weddings are immortal, although in Walker's case it is more about pandering. Even if you think SSM is not a good idea, unless you think the act of gays availing themselves of the right to get married given its legal is some sort of evil act, there is no reason not to go the the wedding.

Divorce resistent?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

Walker is a Kochbot, so it makes sense that he always sounds totally scripted.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »

Preminiscent!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »