Jeb (on shooting): that's too bad, I have to go to lunch now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:09:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb (on shooting): that's too bad, I have to go to lunch now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jeb (on shooting): that's too bad, I have to go to lunch now  (Read 2208 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »

Just saw a clip on TV of reporters catching Jeb to ask him about the latest shooting.

Jeb said (paraphrasing): I don't know much about it. It's too bad whenever something like this happens in a free society. [They try to ask him more questions]  I have to go to lunch now.

Hopefully someone posts a clip of it soon.

But it's so tone-deaf.

Compared to Hillary, sounding powerful and genuine, and promising how much she'd like to do something to change this reality.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

that reminds me of this great moment from the last Bush presidency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm9788Tb5g
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

I watched the clip of the shooting, it left me feeling sick to my stomach.

Yeah, Jeb is busy, I get it.  However, I feel like watching this really should have snapped him out of the 'I'm busy, I have stuff to do' state of mind.

Regardless, its pretty tone deaf.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:55:33 AM »

So out of touch. This shows how much Bush lacks authenticity.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:54 AM »

If he wants to throw the election away, let him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:04:20 AM »

Hardly the worst thing he's said this election.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:08:25 AM »

inb4 a certain Republican from New Jersey comes to the rescue to sing Jeb's praises. What do you expect? Bush doesn't have to worry about getting shot, he has to worry about what Republican primary voters want to hear, and they certainly don't want to hear that guns are at all a problem in this country.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 04:04:15 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2015, 04:06:02 AM by boshembechle »

Ahh, the "we must do something" fallacy that democrats are infected with. You guys literally think it is a good thing when a politician has a government plan for everything. What a disgusting warped view of government.

To me, it is the absolute height of moral laziness when instead of trying to solve a problem voluntarily, you run to the state to use guns to do the work for you.

Who on earth do you think you are?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 05:16:42 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2015, 05:18:42 AM by Adam T »

Ahh, the "we must do something" fallacy that democrats are infected with. You guys literally think it is a good thing when a politician has a government plan for everything. What a disgusting warped view of government.

To me, it is the absolute height of moral laziness when instead of trying to solve a problem voluntarily, you run to the state to use guns to do the work for you.

I don't believe most Democrats have plans to do anything to make abortion illegal yet alone contraception.  I also don't see any Democratic Party plans to tell people on welfare what they can and can't spend their money on or that they have to take drug tests for who knows what purpose.  Finally, I don't believe most Democrats had any plan to try to keep a woman in a vegetative state 'alive.'

Coming from a Von Mises backer, I don't know why I should have had any plan to expect a coherent argument though.

Forever an optimist though, I will ask you what could individuals voluntary do to try to solve the problem of mass shootings (which are now up to almost one incident a day) yet alone gun violence in general?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 05:20:24 AM »

I don't see the Republicans complaining when 'big government' helps organize the next foreign war.

On something like guns, yeah government should exist. It's like saying the government shouldn't fight AID's
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »

This probably isn't a big deal.

The killing was particularly horrific, but the responses to it aren't going to be remembered.

We also wouldn't expect presidential candidates to comment every time promising young people die of other causes.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »

that reminds me of this great moment from the last Bush presidency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm9788Tb5g

Your post reminds me of a "great moment" from the last Clinton presidency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »

Hillary Clinton's response to the shooting was obviously geared for maximum coverage and then to leverage that response into scoring political points. The T.V. camera's were on, duh😬 what else would one expect. Trying to make a big drama out of Jeb's just goes to show how little Democrats have to play with Jeb's candidacy.  Glad to know where the Hillary apologists priorities are. Hillary's obligation is not to give smart-ass responses if she cleaned her server with a rag or something.  Where are the answers she needs to give? 😉
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »

Hillary Clinton's response to the shooting was obviously geared for maximum coverage and then to leverage that response into scoring political points. The T.V. camera's were on, duh😬 what else would one expect. Trying to make a big drama out of Jeb's just goes to show how little Democrats have to play with Jeb's candidacy.  Glad to know where the Hillary apologists priorities are. Hillary's obligation is not to give smart-ass responses if she cleaned her server with a rag or something.  Where are the answers she needs to give? 😉

What are Jeb's answers for doing the exact same thing as Hillary?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

Just saw a clip on TV of reporters catching Jeb to ask him about the latest shooting.

Jeb said (paraphrasing): I don't know much about it. It's too bad whenever something like this happens in a free society. [They try to ask him more questions]  I have to go to lunch now.

Hopefully someone posts a clip of it soon.

But it's so tone-deaf.

Compared to Hillary, sounding powerful and genuine, and promising how much she'd like to do something to change this reality.

Jeb is a bit pudgy. He's thinking too much about food. One of his many problems politically. Fats lose votes when running for POTUS. That is one reason Christie is not getting traction - not the only reason, but one reason. It suggests a lack of self discipline. Have you noticed just how buffed folks in Congress tend to be these days? That is no accident.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »

This isn't fatal, but it reinforces an image of Jeb as cold and stiff.  He makes Hillary Clinton look positively warm and fuzzy, and that's not easy to do.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 02:19:20 AM »

Adam T, Jeb wasn't Secretary of State, he doesn't have a Foundation involved in influence peddling and money laundering, he doesn't have the stain of Benghazi hanging over him or possible felony charges to deal with! Duh😩
Fuzzy bear, that's the worst thing you can bring up about Jeb, c ' mon dude! 😬
Torie,  a bit pudgy? Now we know the anti-Bush league is really trolling!😥
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:07 AM »

To be fair to Jeb Bush, shootings in your country are so utterly frequent that no politician would have time to ever eat if they had to react to each of them with a full speech. I don't even know which shooting y'all are referring to, there are so fukcing many !
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 02:39:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=76&v=56NIgAJyAbE
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 05:12:09 AM »

Adam T, Jeb wasn't Secretary of State, he doesn't have a Foundation involved in influence peddling and money laundering, he doesn't have the stain of Benghazi hanging over him or possible felony charges to deal with! Duh😩
Fuzzy bear, that's the worst thing you can bring up about Jeb, c ' mon dude! 😬
Torie,  a bit pudgy? Now we know the anti-Bush league is really trolling!😥

All heat no light master:
1.No, he was governor of the 3rd largest state in the country.  Maybe not Secretary of State, but hardly an insignificant position, and like the SoS he kept very significant and confidential files on his personal server.

If the distinction is that as governor he was in no way important enough that what he kept on his personal server mattered, then clearly his background as governor also in no way qualifies him to be President. You can't have it both ways, either he dealt with significant files which qualifies him to be president, which meant that he had significant information stored on a personal server, or he did not deal with significant files, which means his background of governor does not qualify him to be President.

2.There are allegations, based mostly on a completely discredited book, that the Clinton Foundation was involved in those things.  There are also allegations, but no specific charges, that Jeb Bush, in raising $100 million in a single quarter has also engaged in influence peddling.

3.There are no criminal investigations into Hillary Rodham Clinton.  What you are saying there is an out and out lie.  Not that I'd expect anything different.

In regards to the charge of who and who isn't a sociopath.  I think Jeb! involvement in Terri Schiavo as well as his position on medical marijuana show that he clearly is a sociopath.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »

Adam T. Oh but I can have it both ways, you see Hillary was dealing with national security issues, she was SoS,  or have you forgotten that. She had a server in her home in Chappaqua or have you forgotten that. She deleted thousands of emails, that's a fact. She was compelled to sign an affidavit, stating that she had returned all relevant documentation,  under penalty of perjury or have you forgotten that. Now let's shed some light on why Hillary felt compelled to delete files, could it be she might have been hiding incriminating evidence linking her to malfeasance over her role in Benghazi. You are right she hasn't been indicted of any criminal offense....yet! I ad the word yet advisably, btw. However her behaviour and her attempts to spin the matter, has undermined her credibility, she now is perceived as dishonest and is not liked. Her competence must now be questioned. As far as Jeb Bush is concerned,  I have no doubt he dealt with matters as important as befitting a big state, however. Here's the rub, Jeb is not the target of a federal investigation and those not face possible felony charges.  You note, I used possible and yet to qualify my points. One other thing Adam T. You should always preface a statement, with "in my opinion"😊. So if you need any further help in discriminating between the "mess" Hillary finds herself,  all her fault...no right-wing conspiracy here. All her own doing, which raises the issue of her incompetence.  Jeb on the other hand has no such stigma attaching itself to him.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »

Relax. If the murder of 30 children and schoolteachers can't get Congress to do anything about America's culture of gun violence, nothing will. Certainly nothing will be done any time soon.

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

Adam T. Oh but I can have it both ways, you see Hillary was dealing with national security issues, she was SoS,  or have you forgotten that. She had a server in her home in Chappaqua or have you forgotten that. She deleted thousands of emails, that's a fact. She was compelled to sign an affidavit, stating that she had returned all relevant documentation,  under penalty of perjury or have you forgotten that. Now let's shed some light on why Hillary felt compelled to delete files, could it be she might have been hiding incriminating evidence linking her to malfeasance over her role in Benghazi. You are right she hasn't been indicted of any criminal offense....yet! I ad the word yet advisably, btw. However her behaviour and her attempts to spin the matter, has undermined her credibility, she now is perceived as dishonest and is not liked. Her competence must now be questioned. As far as Jeb Bush is concerned,  I have no doubt he dealt with matters as important as befitting a big state, however. Here's the rub, Jeb is not the target of a federal investigation and those not face possible felony charges.  You note, I used possible and yet to qualify my points. One other thing Adam T. You should always preface a statement, with "in my opinion"😊. So if you need any further help in discriminating between the "mess" Hillary finds herself,  all her fault...no right-wing conspiracy here. All her own doing, which raises the issue of her incompetence.  Jeb on the other hand has no such stigma attaching itself to him.

Of course you can try to have it both ways, as befits a person who is interested in using scandals and allegations of scandals for political purposes, as opposed to being concerned about what they suggest for the welfare of the (your) country.

1.National security issues are the most important ones, but files involving confidential business contracts as state governments are involved in are also important, and it's more than likely that Jeb! would have had files dealing with the health records of people, if even just his own staff, on his personal server.  I would expect a governor would also deal with other significant files like criminal justice matters and public health, all of which are also quite critical and which there would be a major need to keep them confidential.  Also, as governor of a large state, it's more than likely that Jeb! also had files dealing with national security issues on his private server.

2.The FBI has said that Hillary Rodham Clinton is not a target in their investigation and she is not facing any possible felony charges.  To say anything else is a lie.

3.Everything I stated was a fact, not an opinion.  You, however, neglected to add "possible" to your claim that the Clinton Foundation was engaged in influence peddling.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

In case you didn't get the memo, Hillary Clinton and her toxic political modus operandi are my only concern. And yes the issues of national security become a paramount concern of mine, when she's in the equation. If you don't think there is substance to what I'm referring to, then ask yourself this question,  if you are capable of being honest with yourselves and reflect on why there is hardly a mention by Hillary or her campaign of her tenure as SOS? That period in her career of "accomplishments" is being conveniently ignored. Wonder why? hmmm. Can anyone mention Benghazi,  email server? or dare I say it, the Clinton Foundation.  Trust me, if she was in the clear and there was no stench of wrong doing imagined or not,  Hillary would be doing victory laps on her time as SOS,  which certainly is not the case.  The FBI are a disgrace, there refusal to get off the dime, suggests political favoritism of the highest order. Of course the DOJ is an arm of the Obama - Clinton political machine.  The question which begs to be asked,  why aren't the FBI applying the same standards to Hillary's case, as they were to the David Petraeus case?  Of course,  how stupid of me! Duh😩 Hillary is running for President!  The Petraeus case was expedited at such a speed compared to Hillary's situation and his sins were less grave than hers.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 05:44:36 PM »

This is reminiscent of Dukakis and the death penalty question, only worse. Jeb wasn't moved an inch, that's actually kinda disturbing.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies