Opinion of ironic and unironic Trump supporters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:07:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of ironic and unironic Trump supporters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Vote!
ironic supporters: Positive

ironic supporters: Negative

unironic supporters: Positive

unironic supporters: Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of ironic and unironic Trump supporters  (Read 3128 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »

I support Trump in a l'appel du vide kind of way. What does that count as?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »

Ironic supporters of anyone on Atlas are annoying, but I am neutral on Trump supporters because I am weighing whether I want to vote for him or not. We need a guy to get tough on the illegals. But we don't need a complete douche in a toupee. Tough decision.

Weren't you upset because Rand Paul wasn't 100% with Ron Paul, enough so that you were thinking about John Kasich? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »

Ironic ones were mildly funny at first but now they're just annoying. I mean, there are plenty of other presidential candidates to ironically support.

I kind of feel bad for some of the unironic supporters.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 02:06:57 PM »

Ironic ones are usually annoying when they pop up in serious conversation, and so I view them more negatively than not.

Real supporters? Many are probably "tough guys" that park in handicapped spaces without being handicapped, spit their gum on the sidewalk or under a desk, and litter in nature preserves. In other words, jerks.

However, some might just be far-right anti-establishment voters, as well as nativists. People like how he "tells it like it is" unfortunately, and the media isn't helping one bit with their constant coverage of him. These are well meaning but under-informed people.

Not to mention people's short attention span. I bet most of his opponents don't even remember his birther stance that lasted until 1-2 yrs ago while most birthers gave up by 2012.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »

Ironic supporters of anyone on Atlas are annoying, but I am neutral on Trump supporters because I am weighing whether I want to vote for him or not. We need a guy to get tough on the illegals. But we don't need a complete douche in a toupee. Tough decision.

Weren't you upset because Rand Paul wasn't 100% with Ron Paul, enough so that you were thinking about John Kasich? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?
I was not angry at Rand Paul for not being Ron Paul. I was angry at Rand Paul for not even being Rand Paul anymore. So I am currently backing Kasich, but I do admire Trump's stance on halting further illegal immigration. Plus Trump's flip flopping makes it more likely that he will govern according to some of my more populist stances, such as support for single payer.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 12:48:31 AM »

I can't tell the difference at this point, and I think for many neither can they.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

I can't tell the difference at this point, and I think for many neither can they.

King is the classic example of this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »

For all we know, Trump might be an ironic Trump supporter. Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »

Actually, that's probably not far from the truth.  I don't think he thought he had a chance and was just doing it because he likes to have people talk about him.  Then doorknobs started telling pollsters that they liked what he was saying.  Then the media couldn't stop talking about him (for reasons I still don't fully understand....they even ACKNOWLEDGE that they talk about him too much, then go on to keep talking about him too much).  Then it snowballed a bit.  He's still not going to win the nomination, the GOP isn't that stupid....they can't be right?  His numbers have peaked, eventually one of his MANY views that run totally contrary to his base's views is going to get traction and his numbers will plummet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »

Actually, that's probably not far from the truth.  I don't think he thought he had a chance and was just doing it because he likes to have people talk about him.  Then doorknobs started telling pollsters that they liked what he was saying.  Then the media couldn't stop talking about him (for reasons I still don't fully understand....they even ACKNOWLEDGE that they talk about him too much, then go on to keep talking about him too much).  Then it snowballed a bit.  He's still not going to win the nomination, the GOP isn't that stupid....they can't be right?  His numbers have peaked, eventually one of his MANY views that run totally contrary to his base's views is going to get traction and his numbers will plummet.

Indeed, I was only half-joking.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 02:52:31 PM »

I was not angry at Rand Paul for not being Ron Paul. I was angry at Rand Paul for not even being Rand Paul anymore. So I am currently backing Kasich, but I do admire Trump's stance on halting further illegal immigration. Plus Trump's flip flopping makes it more likely that he will govern according to some of my more populist stances, such as support for single payer.

The 2008 recession already accomplished this. In fact, the numbers of illegals present in this country dropped by like 800,000, IIRC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 11:49:49 PM »

All suck.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies