New Yankee Workshop - Important Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Yankee Workshop - Important Statement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Yankee Workshop - Important Statement  (Read 326 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:24 AM »
« edited: January 20, 2016, 12:41:48 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

A new Senate office, equiped for the times.  God I miss that show.

Current Legislation:

Public Events:

Press Releases:
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:42:32 AM »

Reserved
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »

In August of 2014, I lost my internet access and ability to get on this site as much as I needed to. The impact of that situation along was devastating, but even more so it was the perception it created and drove that had a significant impact on the game. I posted, not on here, but on the private forum the full extent of my situation and in the end that information got out and caused significant problems. Even now some will remain reserved about their personal situations because of fear that it will be used six months or even a year down the road.

Anyway, I see no reason not to give a review of things over the past month and a half. In December, my workload increased substantially just as did the previous year. It was the case that I had to deal with the holiday and all the stuff that it entailed as well. However, after Christmas, things have gotten progressively worse for me.

I work 35 minutes away from where I live, at a Wal-Mart Express. It was not my first choice, it was my only choice back in 2014. In late December, our only vehicle quit and so merely getting back and forth to work was a big problem. On top of that there was a lot of stress that went along with that job and on top of that they were pressuring me take on more responsibilities. I tried to get an advance on my income tax refund but was denied. I tried to file again on the internet without seeking such and ran headlong into the myre of the Unaffordable Care Act, costing me a week. Everything I tried to do was failing or running into dead ends and I desperately needed a vehicle.

So I was scheduled off last Thursday through Saturday. I spent most of Thursday trying to sort this tax mess out. I went to bed extremely late and then was disturbed by a phone call around noon the next day from my boss informing me that they are closing our store. They promise to help find positions in other stores, but you have to physically go to those stores and without a car, that is almost impossible. This was practically a death sentence in my current situation, whereas previously it would have been just a serious inconvience.

Today finally, I resolved both the tax and healthcare issue. So after weeks of spinning wheels, some progress was made. We still need a vehicle and I still need to secure a new position before they are all snapped up.

That said, I refuse to allow a repeat of 2014 and I refuse to allow it to impact my activity on this site any further. 

I just got caught up with Survey Atlasia and now we are behind again. I will be conducting both December and January rounds of polling in the next two weeks.

I also plan to get more involved in the upcoming elections than I have been.

I have continued to post and debate in the Senate throughout this period, but not at the clip I would like, my plan is focus more attention back on the Senate and the Convention as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies