Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY  (Read 14783 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »

No, you're the enemy. Duke is the one betraying us. Smiley

You just never could accept that TPP wasn't an uber-right-wing outfit.

Well part of that is because of the way Duke and Cincy sold it to former RPP members in 2012. Tongue And if Duke's original plan had come to fruition, TPP would have been far more Conservative than it ended up being. The formation of the Federalists is what prevented that from happening.

(as have TPP & Labor, when TPP was being governed responsibly), and this ticket is the latest expression of that sentiment!

Yea, TPP partnering with Labor last time was a disastrous mistake both for TPP and for the country. Hopefully this combination, doesn't end up the same way.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2015, 01:57:04 AM »

Just crawled back in here to say lol. I've betrayed my peeps in a lot of ways, but this takes the cake. Cheers!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 02:07:44 AM »

Yea, TPP partnering with Labor last time was a disastrous mistake both for TPP and for the country. Hopefully this combination, doesn't end up the same way.

Marokai/Duke was disastrous for TPP and for the country? Regardless of whatever you mean, nothing was more disastrous for them than when the Federalists' rising star abandoned the party, formed a splinter out-fit to drag off half of its active base and then managed to convince them after the fact to back him instead of their own candidate in a presidential election...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 02:13:18 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2015, 02:16:28 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Marokai/Duke was disastrous for TPP and for the country? Regardless of whatever you mean, nothing was more disastrous for them than when the Federalists' rising star abandoned the party, formed a splinter out-fit to drag off half of its active base and then managed to convince them after the fact to back him instead of their own candidate in a presidential election...

lol Adam, I was talking about Bore/Nix in February.

I loved MaroDuke. Though I liked Duke/Cincy better.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 02:13:29 AM »

Just crawled back in here to say lol. I've betrayed my peeps in a lot of ways, but this takes the cake. Cheers!

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »

You're getting my second preference.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »

Who exactly have I betrayed here? I'm running with Adam out of respect and because we both have worked together on our government reform plan since 2013. We have no chance of winning of course, so why turn down this chance?

I had no idea doing any of this would be a betrayal to anyone or my party. Were we in some sort of partnership with the federalists and CRs that I was unaware of?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »

Who exactly have I betrayed here? I'm running with Adam out of respect and because we both have worked together on our government reform plan since 2013. We have no chance of winning of course, so why turn down this chance?

I had no idea doing any of this would be a betrayal to anyone or my party. Were we in some sort of partnership with the federalists and CRs that I was unaware of?

To my knowledge, no Fed has made this accusation. And the CR chair is promising a second preference.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2015, 06:36:21 PM by Cincinnatus »

No, you're the enemy. Duke is the one betraying us. Smiley

You just never could accept that TPP wasn't an uber-right-wing outfit.

Well part of that is because of the way Duke and Cincy sold it to former RPP members in 2012. Tongue And if Duke's original plan had come to fruition, TPP would have been far more Conservative than it ended up being. The formation of the Federalists is what prevented that from happening.

In a way yes. But it was never meant to be aligned he way Simfan has pushed for since he's been a member. That being said regardless of Griffins outbursts, policy positions, and so forth, he's the better choice considering the situation were in.  The other candidates have their strengths, and having homely as a VP pick sits well with me considering my history with him, but I agree with Griffins vision and it's more inline with what duke and I have been a proponent of from the start (Even if I don't agree with the entirety of it).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2015, 11:16:54 PM »

RECENT CONCON HAPPENINGS:

CONCON PROCESS:

The ConCon is moving, but not as efficiently as I would like to see. I had imagined there would be somewhat of a custerfluck as ideas were fleshed out, but I've been disappointed at the progress made thus far. My full thoughts on this particular problem can be found here. In short, the ConCon leader (my opponent) needs to take a heavier hand in reining in the rogue sentiment with regards to the amendment process and streamline the discussions by restricting further the number of simultaneous discussions, something I expressed nearly a week ago.

MY RECENT VOTES & AMENDMENTS:

Amendment Votes

You must be logged in to read this quote.

VOTED: ABSTAIN

VOTED: ABSTAIN

VOTED: NAY

(The only reason I have voted against the last amendment here is because we have spent more than one week voting on multiple instances of the same thing, rather than moving on to another subject with respect to regional size, numbers, etc. There are still, apparently, multiple instances of this in the queue and we'll no doubt have to vote on those as well. I am against clogging up this process with repetitive amendments on the same subject just because the ConCon is opposed and will not do this for my own ideas if they fall into the same situation; these were all introduced several days ago and I cannot say it qualifies as "abuse" at this point, but continued action along these lines would most definitely qualify as such).

Introduced Amendments

I am monitoring the debate and situation closely. Very shortly, I will be introducing an amendment with regards to the Vice-Presidency and Presidency, among others. I have introduced one amendment thus far, which aims to implement a regulation system for the number of legislative offices available to each region. This, as I have explained earlier in this thread, will help to ensure that untenable legislative positions do not remain in place in the regions during slower times. It also will incentivize a region from becoming too large and sucking activity out of the others, as the number of offices would decrease in a region if it becomes too small or too big.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »

Restating my previous endorsement for emphasis, didn't realize how far the game had fallen during my absence.

You are the best person possible to reverse these deeply disturbing trends.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »

Endorsed.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2015, 07:32:34 AM »

Endorsed for 2nd Preference by Civic Renewal.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »

I am endorsing you.

We need someone with a proven capacity to not just organise, but be ruthless and do what needs to be done, even if unpopular or difficult. I think you're the only one in this race with those qualities.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2015, 08:04:47 PM »

Restating my previous endorsement for emphasis, didn't realize how far the game had fallen during my absence.

You are the best person possible to reverse these deeply disturbing trends.

Endorsed for 2nd Preference by Civic Renewal.

Thank you all so much!

I am endorsing you.

We need someone with a proven capacity to not just organise, but be ruthless and do what needs to be done, even if unpopular or difficult. I think you're the only one in this race with those qualities.

Glorious news! I'm glad at least one person who is informed on the matter understands the need for someone like me to be the face of Atlasia in these challenging times!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel: Presidential Endorsement

BOLD LEADERSHIP REQUIRED

First off, The Sentinel would like to emphasis that we have two strong candidates running in this election. But have great records of achievement and Atlasia has greatly benefited from their service.

This election comes down to one thing: who can best lead Atlasia through perhaps its most challenging time? Atlasia has fallen in the past year, and many believe that the ConCon is this game's last chance at survival. We often stress on how an election "is the most important one we have had," but it is our opinion that in this instance, it is actually the case.

Atlasia needs strong leadership now more than ever. It needs a leader who isn't afraid of a challenge and when push comes to shove, will get the job done. It needs a leader whose sole focus is getting this game back on track and getting us a system of government that works. We don't have that right now.

Speaker Cris is a wonderful candidate. He has accomplished so much and has a history of bringing people together and creating a sense of unity in this game. We firmly believe that he will make a great president. One day.

The Atlasian Sentinel has decided to endorse RG Adam Griffin and Former President Duke to be the next President and Vice President of Atlasia. This decision comes after weeks of scrutinizing both candidates and paying close attention to this race - as you can see, we waited until right before the vote opened to make this decision. Ultimately, Atlasia needs a leader who can get the job done. We know that a President Adam Griffin will usher through a successful Constitutional Convention and leave Atlasia stronger than ever before.

When you vote this weekend, vote for bold leadership. Vote for Adam Griffin and Duke.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »

We are most pleased to have the endorsement of The Atlasian Sentinel!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2015, 11:28:03 PM »

Excellent news! Now, onward to victory!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 03:52:33 AM »

There are less than 24 hours remaining in this election - we need your support! Initial returns look good but we are taking nothing for granted. Remember: the booth closes at 1 AM Eastern Daylight Time (roughly 20 hours from now), so there is still plenty of time to cast your ballot.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

We are feeling very good about our chances as we enter the final hours of this election, but I have learned never to take anything for granted! We need your votes and support in order to put up a firewall and thwart any last-minute schemes! You have another 9 hours to make your voice heard and to support a strong leader who will guide us over the next 4 months.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »

Congratulations - I have confidence that you will make a good president.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2015, 01:16:11 AM »

Congratulations - I have confidence that you will make a good president.

Thank you all very much!

I will be making a statement at some point this morning or afternoon.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »

Congratulations.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix