about Naso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  about Naso
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: about Naso  (Read 2603 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2005, 11:46:40 PM »

what's with everyone and their brother making fun of Naso? Was he exceptionally horrible as a senator or something?  Was there a Dukakis-tank picture or something like that, which blackmailed him for the rest of his senate career. or what?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49:30 PM »

what's with everyone and their brother making fun of Naso? Was he exceptionally horrible as a senator or something?  Was there a Dukakis-tank picture or something like that, which blackmailed him for the rest of his senate career. or what?

Yes, his record as a Senator speaks for itself.  As for pictures, I direct you to this thread, among others:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=21678.0

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »

Words cant describe the feelings I and others share about a one Senator Chief of Staff Liasion to the Senate Secretary of the Senate Campagin Manager for John Ford Michael Anthony Naso, Jr.

Oh yeah btw Naso is currently in FL interviewing the Governor. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:53:09 PM »

Yes, his record as a Senator speaks for itself.

Or lack thereof.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:07:23 PM »

Well lets see. He was one of the most inactive Senators in Atlasia who made videos with him dressing up as a cop or running for President and winning landslide victories instead of voting. A Senator who was always online but voted only three times during March, IIRC. Also all of the photos of Mr. Naso would put Dukakis to shame. The amount of wacky, crazy, insane, humiliating, and down right scary photos of Naso is probably higher than the population of Andorra.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 02:30:42 PM »

I think there's more than three Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 02:32:57 PM »

Naso was a bad Senator but some people are really obsessed with the kid. Really pathetic.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 02:38:58 PM »

Naso was a bad Senator but some people are really obsessed with the kid. Really pathetic.

Not our fault he poses naked in front of his webcam. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 02:40:41 PM »

Not our fault he poses naked in front of his webcam. Tongue

What would that have to do with the obsession issues that people have with him? Even before the stupid things he did on his webcam, people have been obsessed with him. Funny enough, it tends to be the older members of the forum that are relentless in their actions of mocking Naso. Let it go.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:27:30 PM »

Most reasons have been discussed but here's another: the only reason why he became a senator was because he rigged the election.

Oh... he's threatend to kill people on here as well.

Nice kid.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 03:36:19 PM »

He was always just a funny crazy kid who thought he could win elections.  Then he beat Nym through inactive voting the likes of which has never been seen.  After winning, he even made public thoughts of running for the White House, regardless of his ridiculously scant senate record.  Add to this his posting of weekly polls asking for his approval rating while their were bills waiting to be voted on.

I always just laughed at him a bit before the elections.  Only after he won did I partake in the attacks against him.  Honestly, he deserves it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:20:02 PM »

Most reasons have been discussed but here's another: the only reason why he became a senator was because he rigged the election.

How was it rigged?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »

The whole digging up and press ganging corpses/inactives to vote for him? Remember? An especially tastless thing happend with a corpse called "Dan", remember?

Quit defending him all the time
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 05:44:57 PM »

The whole digging up and press ganging corpses/inactives to vote for him? Remember? An especially tastless thing happend with a corpse called "Dan", remember?

Quit defending him all the time

I'll quit defending him when people quit ganging up on him. Yeah, he was a bad Senator. Yeah, he can be a clown. But you people are obsessed with making fun of him.

The votes were legal. The election was not rigged. Get over it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 02:55:13 AM »

But you people are obsessed with making fun of him.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not obsessed with the disturbing behavior of some kid from Ohio.
He does bring it on himself, but some people go too far, that's true.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only because our electoral laws are full of holes. What he did would not have been legal in real life.

Note that what Flyers/Irishdem did was legal at the time as well...

Yes it was
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 02:40:04 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2005, 03:38:07 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

Only because our electoral laws are full of holes. What he did would not have been legal in real life.

Note that what Flyers/Irishdem did was legal at the time as well...

Very good point. We didn't pass the pertinent elections laws against creation of voters until after Phillygate. Also Naso's actions would be illegal now since several of his voters had not obtained the 25 votes needed between elections to vote. If this part of the law was used in that election, which it wasn't only because the SoFA decided that since the law was passed between elections it could not be valid until after the February election, Nym would have won with a 2 to 3 vote margin.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 03:21:39 PM »

If this part of the law was used in that election, which it wasn't only because the SoFA decided that since the law was passed between elections it could not be valid until after the February election, Nym would have won with a 2 to 3 vote margin.

That's not actually being fair to the SoFA; if you want to blame someone, blame me, as I included the provision that the electoral reforms would come into play only after the next federal election in the bill that was passed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 03:26:14 PM »

I have an idea how about we stop talking about Naso! The election was in February, around 3 months ago. It's a long time to keep talking about it!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 03:39:22 PM »

If this part of the law was used in that election, which it wasn't only because the SoFA decided that since the law was passed between elections it could not be valid until after the February election, Nym would have won with a 2 to 3 vote margin.

That's not actually being fair to the SoFA; if you want to blame someone, blame me, as I included the provision that the electoral reforms would come into play only after the next federal election in the bill that was passed.

Oh alright. I was just say it the way that I remembered it. I forgot that a clause was in there only making it applicable after one election. Alright now I know who to blame for Naso being elected. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 04:42:39 PM »

That's true but I don't think we should be comparing what Flyers did to what Naso did. Naso had legitimate voters voting for him. He wasn't making accounts for votes.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 05:47:33 PM »

Oh alright. I was just say it the way that I remembered it. I forgot that a clause was in there only making it applicable after one election. Alright now I know who to blame for Naso being elected. Smiley

Har har. Tongue

I included it there because I was afraid that word about it would not spread quickly enough and that there might be a huge uproar about "disenfranchised voters" because of the 25-post policy.  This, of course, turned out to be false, and in retrospect, it would have been much better to make it come into effect immediately, but hindsight tends to be the only thing that's 20/20.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »

That's true but I don't think we should be comparing what Flyers did to what Naso did. Naso had legitimate voters voting for him. He wasn't making accounts for votes.
At least Irishdem wasn't elected based on those votes.  Naso was.  Note in addition that throughout most of the campaign there were numerous warnings against tomatosouping, and Naso chose to ignore them in order to achieve victory, a victory with which he did little but make opinion polls.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 08:20:52 PM »

Naso chose to ignore them in order to achieve victory, a victory with which he did little but make opinion polls.

This is what never made any sense to me.  It's not like voting on the crap we push through in the Senate is that difficult.

I swear that a couple of times, without me reminding him to vote on IM when the vote was stagnating, I don't think he would have ever voted period.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »

At least Irishdem wasn't elected based on those votes.  Naso was.  Note in addition that throughout most of the campaign there were numerous warnings against tomatosouping, and Naso chose to ignore them in order to achieve victory, a victory with which he did little but make opinion polls.

Do you know what Tomatosouping is? Tomatosouping is when someone recruits a friend to join the forum, register in Fantasy elections and come back to vote for their friend.

Now I will be the first to admit that Naso was not a good Senator. In fact, I believe it was through my actions that Naso resigned. It was disgraceful the way he handled his job. He cast something like four votes out of a total of thirty votes that were held. He's was a bad Senator but people take it way to far with him.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »

It's impossible to tomatosoup if you're Naso
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: