Opinion of extreme 'sensitivity' measures taken by academia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of extreme 'sensitivity' measures taken by academia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
FM

HM

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Opinion of extreme 'sensitivity' measures taken by academia  (Read 1270 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: August 29, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »

It's nice we don't call black people ns, negroes or coloureds anymore, and was mindful of what they wanted to be called despite people growling over have to learn 'appropriate language'. It's nice we don't call gays fags for the same reason. It's nice we don't call people with Down's Syndrome, mongs or mongoloids and hopefully America will catch up on not using 'spastic' and 'retarded' as much as they currently do.

Having said that, the suggested gender neutral pronouns are ham fisted, but maybe you should be asking people what they want to be called, before you start calling them? It only takes a few seconds. I'm sure you can all spare it.

It's up to these people to tell us how they wish to be referred to, not us to go 'hi, before I get round to saying what I actually came up to you to say, by what pronoun should I refer to you'?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies