Jeb gets a rather pathetic endorsement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb gets a rather pathetic endorsement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb gets a rather pathetic endorsement  (Read 2708 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »

Eric Cantor endorses Jeb Bush for president

And Donald Trump actually said the truth here: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/637028810865688578
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »

So! What's your point?
AelroseB

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »

It's like being endorsed by Brian Cowen, that's the point.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »

Ironically this can only hurt Jeb.
bobloblaw
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »

This shows how pathetic Yeb is.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »

Pretty much expected; he might have gone Rubio or Kasich but I doubt it
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »

Cantor thinks that Jeb! is the most likely Republican to be nominated, and he wants to be in his Cabinet.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 10:09:17 PM »

Cantor wants to be in Jeb's cabinet, it's plain and simple. Cantor won't make a difference in endorsements, maybe with the Va. Republican establishment, which Jeb needs to win in order to galvanize Southern establishment support.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »

Cantor was supposed to become Speaker, a rising conservative hero who could connect the GOP's past with its future.

He surprisingly lost in a landslide to his opponent in the PRIMARY, because he wasn't anti-immigrant enough.

bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 10:29:38 PM »

Cantor was supposed to become Speaker, a rising conservative hero who could connect the GOP's past with its future.

He surprisingly lost in a landslide to his opponent in the PRIMARY, because he wasn't anti-immigrant enough.

no, Cantor was an open borders amnesty shill for the Chamber of Commerce
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 10:55:57 PM »

Eric Cantor was a great conservative leader in the house, he was leading the fight against Obama's failing agenda. Unfortunately, the tea party nut jobs in his district didn't realize that you win elections by broadening your base and getting things done, not yelling and calling the President a foreign born muslim.

This endorsement is not the biggest deal in the world, I get that. But the fact that Governor Bush won the support of a mature, conservative leader is good none the less.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 03:09:06 AM »

Eric Cantor was a great conservative leader in the house, he was leading the fight against Obama's failing agenda. Unfortunately, the tea party nut jobs in his district didn't realize that you win elections by broadening your base and getting things done, not yelling and calling the President a foreign born muslim.

This endorsement is not the biggest deal in the world, I get that. But the fact that Governor Bush won the support of a mature, conservative leader is good none the less.

At a time when being the 'mature' one is usually the kiss of death in the GOP of 2016.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 04:38:41 AM »

A symbol of big government cronyism endorses another Bush. Shocking.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 06:02:49 AM »

AelroseB!  You can't be serious, just because Eric Cantor got primaried and lost! He's a valued conservative who might just be helpful where Jeb needs.  Are folks p'd off that Jeb got the endorsement or the fact no body else did? I think it's a bit of both, therefore demean the value. But why not?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:21 AM »

At a time when being the 'mature' one is usually the kiss of death in the GOP of 2016.

Unfortunately, you might very well be correct.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »

Cantor's rejection was a harbinger of what is happening now; an anti-establishment movement within the GOP that has surprisingly little to do with the "Tea Party".

David Brat, the man who beat Cantor, is, IMO, a remarkable candidate and a remarkable person, even though I do not agree with him on every issue.  I'd rather have his endorsement than Cantor's.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 08:51:56 AM »

Cantor's rejection was a harbinger of what is happening now; an anti-establishment movement within the GOP that has surprisingly little to do with the "Tea Party".

David Brat, the man who beat Cantor, is, IMO, a remarkable candidate and a remarkable person, even though I do not agree with him on every issue.  I'd rather have his endorsement than Cantor's.

First of all, it is known that Eric Cantor and John Boehner didn't see eye to eye on a lot - Cantor was very much for being more aggressive against Obama's policies and for conservative principles, Boehner is much more old school establishment.

Secondly, there are many things where I actually do agree with David Brat. But his unwillingness to negotiate a solution on immigration reform, and his criticisms of Eric Cantor for supporting re-opening the federal government prove to me he isn't serious about governing, just making noise.

Finally, I don't think the Cantor endorsement is as big a deal as the Bush campaign does.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

I very much doubt the Bush campaign considers Cantor's endorsement a big deal.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »

I strongly disagree. It feeds the narrative that Jeb is on the fast track to losing the primary because Cantor is really famous for one thing at this point---embarrassing himself in his primary election.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »

Outside of politicos, no one remembers who Eric Cantor is. This doesn't matter. Only on the Atlas Forum could Trump get a semi-endorsement from David Duke and Jeb one from Eric Cantor and have people arguing the latter is more problematic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies