BoJack Horseman characters: FF or HP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:38:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BoJack Horseman characters: FF or HP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BoJack Horseman characters: FF or HP?  (Read 1034 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »

Are the following Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?

BoJack
Princess Carolyn
Diane
Mr. Peanutbutter
Todd
Herb
Sarah Lynn
Pinky Penguin
Charlotte
Tom Jumbo-Grumbo

I'd say that Diane, Todd and Charlotte are Freedom Fighters, Pinky isn't exactly a FF but he's not a HP, just pitiful, Herb isn't a nice person but he has a sympathetic story so I suppose he's sort of a literal HP but still one you feel worse for (Jerkass Woobie?) and the rest are all definitely HP. I can relate to Sarah Lynn well, but she is definitely not a FF.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:12:18 AM »

Bojack is for sure an HP, but you definitely feel for his plight. There isn't really a hero in the show at all - it's very bleak. The closest I'd say is Charlotte, though I could also consider Todd. Diane is a weird situation - she literally lied to her husband for months about still being in a third world country. Herb Kazazz is an FF, for sure. He turned his bad situation into a good situation. I kind of despise Mr. Peanutbutter until he had that totally nihilistic reveal in the first season.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »

Zoe's are FF's and Zelda's are HP's. Simple as that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:16 PM »

Zoe's are FF's and Zelda's are HP's. Simple as that.

Die.

And Bojack is fundamentally a FF. At heart. Deep down. Under incomprehensible layers of self-destructiveness.

And that's what makes him such a strong FF.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »

Seriously!? Zeldas are useless cogs of The System, this world relies on Zoe's to make sure that the powers that be (happiness, laziness, the state, etc.) don't destroy us all.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »

Carolyn - FF
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »

Seriously!? Zeldas are useless cogs of The System, this world relies on Zoe's to make sure that the powers that be (happiness, laziness, the state, etc.) don't destroy us all.

Go back to the classroom of life, punk. Wink
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:52:16 AM »

Peanutbutter is an FF. He is just as screwed up as the rest, but desperately tries to avoid inflicting his suffering on others unlike Bojack who actively drags others down (Todd, his girlfriends)q.

Bojack has the potential to be a good person, but I think the show (maybe Dianne?) points out that it doesn't really matter what you are "deep down" - what matters are your decisions, and BJ always picks the easy and amoral decisions.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 11:58:59 PM »

Oh God, is this another of those "whacky-zany-yet-deep" cartoons ala Adventure Time that seem to be popular in the West these days? Whatever happened to the straight-up serious shows of yesteryear?
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:11 AM »

Oh God, is this another of those "whacky-zany-yet-deep" cartoons ala Adventure Time that seem to be popular in the West these days? Whatever happened to the straight-up serious shows of yesteryear?

The show's actually quite serious, and deals with some pretty heavy themes in a mature way. It also has talking animals doing wacky hijinks, which prevents it from being overly depressing.

Peanutbutter is the only clear FF. I don't see how anyone can see BoJack as an FF though. He's symphathetic, but he does so many straight-up terrible things, while barely doing anything good.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 03:46:23 AM »

It's very easy to put things in boxes, and sometimes organizing things is fun, but come on dude, this doesn't seem like you're even trying.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 12:44:38 AM »

It's very easy to put things in boxes, and sometimes organizing things is fun, but come on dude, this doesn't seem like you're even trying.

I didn't mean to criticize the show. I haven't seen it and I'm sure it must be good if people like it. I was just pointing out a general trend in western animation
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies