New Southeast Governor's Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:09:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Southeast Governor's Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: New Southeast Governor's Thread!  (Read 9311 times)
WiseGuy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:00:18 AM »

Now that I am Governor, I thought I should make a new thread since the other one was a tiny bit cluttered.

My first act as Governor will be to appoint BrandonH to the office of Lieutenant Governor.  I consider him the most compatible choice among those not currently holding or running for another office.
WiseGuy

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:21:29 AM »

My second act as Governor is to reverse the previous Governor's nullification of the Marriage Equity Act, and withdraw all troops and militia from the borders of the Southeast.

However, I do encourage the Senate to pass the Restriction of Definitions Amendment, proposed by Senator Gabu.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »

Governor, this is the board for the Federal Government. You are not in the Federal Government. I don't get why everyone makes there threads here. I would have this moved to the Fantasy Elections board.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 04:32:14 PM »

This board is for government, all government. The other board is for elections and random discussion. Lay off
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »

This board is for government, all government. The other board is for elections and random discussion. Lay off

Yeah, MAS is just really uninformed and annoying. We should just ignore what he's saying.  Tongue
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »

We should ignore NASO117
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 04:44:44 PM »

Agreed.  There is no where on the board that reads it is specifically for federal government.  The thread just reads "Atlas Fantasy Government."
WiseGuy

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 09:18:44 AM »

My third act as Governor is to propose the Southeast Deficit Package Initiative to come to a vote at the next Regional Initiative election.  The text of the Initiative follows:

Southeast Deficit Package Initiative

Section One

A task force shall be appointed by the Governor to research and document every expenditure made by any state within the Southeast.  After this has been completed, the Task Force shall make an official report to the Governor.

Section Two

After the Task Force has filed its report, a meeting of all Southeastern Citizens shall be called to assist in creating a budget plan for the Southeast.

Section Three

When the Regional excise taxes on alcohol and cigarettes come into effect on January 1, 2006, half of any surpluses brought in by those taxes shall go to deficit repayment.

Section Four

The other half of the surpluses brought in by the Regional excise taxes shall go toward the establishment of Regional user fees to pay for any programs that are voted into the Region's budget as per Section Two.

Section Five

Section Three and Section Four of this Initiative may only be voided by a unanimous vote of Southeastern citizens.

Section Six

This Initiative shall take effect immediately after it is approved by the citizens of the  Southeast.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 10:44:10 AM »

I have accepted the position and have taken the Oath of Office. I look forward to working with Governor WiseGuy Dubya and serving the citizens of the Southeast.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 12:14:59 AM »

Thanks a lot Wiseguy. I see you are a totally dishonorable disgrace as you did NOT live up to your end of the agreement.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 12:18:01 AM »

I have accepted the position and have taken the Oath of Office. I look forward to working with Governor WiseGuy Dubya and serving the citizens of the Southeast.

In keeping with the agreement of the election tie I am now naming myself Lt. Governor.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 12:42:48 AM »

lol

Though I was not greatly pleased when I saw this earlier today myself.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 01:03:14 AM »

While I like BrandonH and agree with many of his stances, I must say that it was quite disgraceful to go against the agreement.  This is dishonorable and has not gotten your governorship off to a good start.  Any agreed conditions that you are not satisfying here indicate a lack of trustworthiness, and I don't think we need that after the divisive things that have happened here in the Southeast.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 11:34:58 AM »

While I myself do not agree with Governor WiseGuy, the reason he did what he did is very clear:

My second act as Governor of the SE Region is to immediately nullify The Marriage Equity Act. I feel that the people of the Southeast have not had the right to voice their opinion on this matter, the proper manner in which this issue should be addressed and that's at the polls. I feel this Act oversteps the bounds of the federal government and is a clear violation of region rights. The southeast will no longer recognize any "gay marriage" as a legal contract of any sort. I would ask for a citizen of the southeast to propose a bill dealing with this matter, if he/she wishes, so it can be voted for by the citizens of the southeast.

My next act will be to nullify any southeastern law for "recall elections" in the Southeast region. No petition for any sort of recall will be recognized by the southeast government.

That is all.

In keeping with the agreement of the election tie I am now naming myself Lt. Governor.

I, StatesRights, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lt. Governor of the Southeast, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitutions of the Southeastern Region and the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Who knows what power he might abuse as Lt. Governor! WiseGuy's decision must have been tough; he could either choose to go against the agreement or choose to have a Lt. Governor that might nullify the Governor position.  Who knows?
WiseGuy

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 12:28:19 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2005, 01:28:41 PM by Governor Dubya »

Well, first, look at what I said when I announced that I was appointing BrandonH:

My first act as Governor will be to appoint BrandonH to the office of Lieutenant Governor. I consider him the most compatible choice among those not currently holding or running for another office.

I honestly thought that you would be too busy with your Presidential campaign to serve as Lieutenant Governor.  In retrospect, I think that it would have been a good idea to check with you first, but the least you could have done was to send a Private message to me instead of grandstanding on my thread in front of everyone.  I cannot appoint someone to the Lieutenant Governorship who will take his beef with me in front of the public before he even has all the facts.

A Lieutenant Governor is expected to stand behind the Governor, not jump at the chance to asassinate his character!  That is why, as I have said numerous times, I stood behind you when you were undergoing the trial in the Supreme Court, even though I did not agree with the rash actions you had taken – actions which I warned you against and that nearly resulted in breaking all public trust in my leadership during our administration.  Yet, you still persisted on this course to the endangerment of both my own integrity and yours.  Now it seems that you’re trying to finish the job! 

I agreed to appoint you to Lt. Governor before you first took office and almost started a civil war.  Also, Governor Jeb is at completely correct in his view of the situation, and I don’t think I should be expected to appoint someone who has done all that and then decides to undermine my decisions as Governor to boot!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »

This is......amusing
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 03:48:21 PM »

Well, first, look at what I said when I announced that I was appointing BrandonH:

My first act as Governor will be to appoint BrandonH to the office of Lieutenant Governor. I consider him the most compatible choice among those not currently holding or running for another office.

I honestly thought that you would be too busy with your Presidential campaign to serve as Lieutenant Governor.  In retrospect, I think that it would have been a good idea to check with you first, but the least you could have done was to send a Private message to me instead of grandstanding on my thread in front of everyone.  I cannot appoint someone to the Lieutenant Governorship who will take his beef with me in front of the public before he even has all the facts.

A Lieutenant Governor is expected to stand behind the Governor, not jump at the chance to asassinate his character!  That is why, as I have said numerous times, I stood behind you when you were undergoing the trial in the Supreme Court, even though I did not agree with the rash actions you had taken – actions which I warned you against and that nearly resulted in breaking all public trust in my leadership during our administration.  Yet, you still persisted on this course to the endangerment of both my own integrity and yours.  Now it seems that you’re trying to finish the job! 

I agreed to appoint you to Lt. Governor before you first took office and almost started a civil war.  Also, Governor Jeb is at completely correct in his view of the situation, and I don’t think I should be expected to appoint someone who has done all that and then decides to undermine my decisions as Governor to boot!
That's still pretty low, man.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 03:51:49 PM »

This is......amusing
I second that sentiment! I wonder how the Southeast will resolve this situation; judging from their desire for independence, I hardly think that they will allow the Supreme Court to intervene. It looks like it might be up to Magistrate Jake!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 03:53:05 PM »

This is......amusing
I second that sentiment! I wonder how the Southeast will resolve this situation; judging from their desire for independence, I hardly think that they will allow the Supreme Court to intervene. It looks like it might be up to Magistrate Jake!

I honestly don't think the Supreme Court has jurisdiction over these matters, as well it shouldn't.

I am curious as to what Jake will say.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 04:02:32 PM »

That's still pretty low, man.
Not really. There's usually an unwritten pact that the person under you, whether Lt. Governor or Vice President, not go out directly against you, and attempt to usurp your authority. Dubya had every right to think States might do that, and from the looks of it, he already has, by "appointing" himself Lt. Governor.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 04:07:38 PM »

Man, no offense, but what is it with the Southeast? Tongue
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 04:14:13 PM »

Man, no offense, but what is it with the Southeast? Tongue

Yeah why can't they be nice, boring and inactive like the Northeast. Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 04:14:56 PM »

Maybe, "I don't care"
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 04:22:18 PM »

So, we get to have two Lt. Governors.  Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 04:26:30 PM »

Are Governors allowed to fire Lt. Governors in the Southeast, or do Lt. Governors have to be removed in a different fashion?

If Governors are allowed to fire them, then this could just be construed as Dubya firing StatesRights the moment he was sworn in.

If they have to be removed in a different fashion, then it would seem to me that Dubya can't appoint anyone and must stick to StatesRights per the terms of the agreement following the election unless he can be removed through alternate means.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies