New Southeast Governor's Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:03:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Southeast Governor's Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: New Southeast Governor's Thread!  (Read 9300 times)
WiseGuy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »

Last month when I was scrambling for magisterial candidates, I got htmldon to agree to do it on the grounds that I would appoint a new one ASAP.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »

Oh good, I had no idea what was going on. In any case, Dibble is not "southern" enough Tongue
WiseGuy

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2005, 11:50:50 AM »

In light of the passage of Initiative 48, I’m using my authority as Governor to change the Southeast election regulations:

§ 1. Duration of voting
All elections and referendums conducted shall last a minimum of sixty (60) hours and shall conclude at the first occurrence of 11:59 p.m. Central Time after sixty (60) hours of voting has occurred.

§ 2. Opening of the polls
Polls shall be opened by the Governor between Midnight and 11:59 a.m. Central Time on the day appointed for the election to commence. In the event that the polls shall not have opened by 6:00 a.m. Central Time on the day appointed for the election to commence, any official authorized by the Seventh section of Article I of the Constitution to act in the Governor's absence shall be authorized to open the polls and conduct the vote.

§ 3. Declaration of Gubernatorial and Lieutenant Gubernatorial Candidacy
In order to be listed on the ballot, a candidate must have announced an intention to run for office before Noon Central Time on the day prior to the day appointed for the election to commence.

§ 4. Valid ballots
(a) A voter's ballot is valid only if the voter:
  (1) is registered with the Atlasian Secretary of Forum Affairs as a voter of a Southeastern state during the entire time that the poll is open;
  (2) makes only a single post in that election thread;
  (3) does not edit or delete a post after the next post has been made; and
  (4) clearly identifies the contest in which a vote is intended to be applied.

(b) Posts made by an election official in an election thread, for the purpose of administering an election, must be separate from a post used to cast that official's ballot and do not count as posts for the purposes of Subsection (a).

§ 5. Method of Voting
(a) In non-runoff Gubernatorial elections, approval voting shall be used with voters listing all candidates, in any order, including any write-in candidates not on the ballot.

(b) In runoff Gubernatorial elections, plurality voting shall be used by listing a single candidate from the ballot as the favored choice.

(c) In referendums and confirmation votes, voters shall vote either yes or no.

(d) Subsections (a) and (b) of Section 5 shall also apply to Lieutenant Gubernatorial elections.

§ 6. Counting of Ballots
As soon as possible after a vote has concluded, an official count shall be posted in the same thread as the vote by the election official conducting the vote. Any attempts to vote that are invalidated shall be listed in the final results post along with the reason for the invalidation. In the event that two or more candidates equally receive the largest number of approvals in a non-runoff Gubernatorial election, then a runoff shall be held in a separate thread.

§ 7. Contesting of a Ballot or Election
Only a person who voted or attempted to vote in an election has the right to dispute the determination of the official conducting that election. In the event that the resolution of a dispute could affect the outcome of a runoff, then the runoff shall be delayed until the dispute is resolved. The Magistrate, or in his absence, the Lieutenant Governor of the Southeastern Region shall make a determination of both fact and law. Appeals to the Supreme Court of Atlasia are only allowed if there is a question of federal law involved.

Promulgation
Adopted on November 23, 2004 by Governor Ernest.  Revised on December 27, 2004 by Governor Ernest.  Revised by Governor Dubya on July 21, 2005.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2005, 12:06:10 PM »

Oh good, I had no idea what was going on. In any case, Dibble is not "southern" enough Tongue

You have a PA avatar, so you be quiet you yankee carpetbagging scum! Wink

THE SOUTH WILL EAT PIE AGAIN111!
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2005, 10:15:04 PM »

Good luck to StatesRights and whomever he appoints as his Lt. Gov. for the next month or so as he begins his half of the term as Governor this weekend.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2005, 09:15:29 AM »

Good luck to StatesRights and whomever he appoints as his Lt. Gov. for the next month or so as he begins his half of the term as Governor this weekend.

^^^^

I think he'd be smart to pick somebody not running for the post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies