New Southeast Governor's Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:15:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Southeast Governor's Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: New Southeast Governor's Thread!  (Read 9301 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »

If anybody proposes that I'll vote Nay all the way to hell!
I was joking
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2005, 06:59:51 PM »

I hate cranky right-wingers from Dixie welfare states demanding that the federal government do whatever they want.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »

In response to Ebowed',s map, I propose the following boundaries for the Southeast:

Tongue
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2005, 07:06:14 PM »

This was my plan. It keeps the present Governors all in the same regions and goes a long way to balancing the populations. Plus it works geographically with the West, Midwest, Rust Belt, Southeast and Northeast all together.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2005, 07:09:51 PM »

I'm also none too keen on having to redraw the regional boundaries to fix population inbalances.  That's what we have the districts for.  Remember that regions are supposed to be the Atlasian equivalent of state-level governments, and they all have vast population differences in real life.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2005, 07:22:42 PM »

This was my plan. It keeps the present Governors all in the same regions and goes a long way to balancing the populations. Plus it works geographically with the West, Midwest, Rust Belt, Southeast and Northeast all together.

give Oklahoma to the Southeast, and that would be a map i could live with. 
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2005, 07:45:01 PM »

I like that.  The problem is that Joe Republic isn't going to give up a single net state.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »

For Southeast Region and District 4

Constitution is altered.  Southeast Governor get's partial control over national military directly under President.  District 4 gets 3 Senators. 
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2005, 08:08:10 PM »

I like that.  The problem is that Joe Republic isn't going to give up a single net state.

Considering that yourself and several other Southerners have expressed outrage at the thought of the Southeast losing a State, I'm not sure how you get to criticise the Governor for holding this position.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »

I'm also none too keen on having to redraw the regional boundaries to fix population inbalances.  That's what we have the districts for.  Remember that regions are supposed to be the Atlasian equivalent of state-level governments, and they all have vast population differences in real life.

You're right to a point. But we at least need population that will support a decent poll of candidates. We have seen this problem with the Midwest and now with the Pacific.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »

All the more reason to include the traditional 11 Southeast States as one "State-like" region.  Were one political and cultural unit.  If any region could be compared to a state it would be the Southeast.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »

The Southeast has less of a population by far than the Mideast.  It isn't like they couldn't lose a state or two.  There's a big difference between taking away states from the Mideast, a arbitrary conglomeration drawn up for Atlasia and taking away states from the Southeast(particularly the 11 former confederate states), a united cultural and political unit.

Regions have nothing to do with population and never have done and were never meant to. Your point flies in the face of the history of the founding of Atlasia.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2005, 09:02:44 PM »

For what it's worth, I will support any Southeast aggrandizement and will oppose any trading of Southeastern states for other states, thereby making sure nothing ever happens.  Tongue

Texas, btw, is a very Southeastern state.  Smiley

Oh, and the Mideast has DC, which makes 11 states, since it's counted as a state.  Not like it's really that important anyway.  It's just the ghetto and the Capitol buildings.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2005, 09:15:57 PM »

I said Texas because that's where the Governor lives Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2005, 05:48:55 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2005, 12:00:49 PM by Joe Republic »

I have an even better idea.  Instead of reuniting the states of the Old Confederacy, how about we go a step further than that?  We could have just two regions.  One is comprised of the original 13 states of the Union, and the other is just a bunch of disorganized territories.  We don't have to worry about that second region too much, because who cares about the other regions, right?
WiseGuy

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2005, 06:50:04 AM »

As per section one of the Deficit Package Initiative, I have contacted several people to form the special Task Force to document all expenditures of state governments within the Southeast.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »

Could you begin the vote soon for the southeast ratification of the constitutional amendments?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2005, 08:22:25 PM »

Could you begin the vote soon for the southeast ratification of the constitutional amendments?

I think any Regional official can start the ratification votes. (attn: Jake or StatesRights)
WiseGuy

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2005, 03:10:10 PM »

I hereby appoint Q as the new Southeast Lottery Commissioner.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2005, 07:37:37 PM »

Congrats to Q!
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »

Thank you for this honor, Governor Dubya.

I will carry out the duties of my office with the ultimate goal of increasing educational funding for our motivated students.  Our young people are our Region's future, and the Lottery is a prime impetus for ensuring that future.

I look forward to serving the Region and am optimistic for the future.

Q
Southeastern Lottery Commissioner
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2005, 11:11:14 AM »

As Commissioner of the CFC, I am willing to donate as a little prize FREE SEASON TICKETS to any team in the CFC South (Arkansas Populists, Dallas Ranchers, Florida Voters, Shenandoah Valleys, or Trojan Horses) to the Southeastern Lottery.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2005, 01:01:16 PM »

As Commissioner of the CFC, I am willing to donate as a little prize FREE SEASON TICKETS to any team in the CFC South (Arkansas Populists, Dallas Ranchers, Florida Voters, Shenandoah Valleys, or Trojan Horses) to the Southeastern Lottery.

That is very generous of you.  Thank you, King.  I will be in touch with you.

On another note, the SELotto now has a (very primitive and unfortunately Geocities-hosted) website: http://www.geocities.com/selottery/
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2005, 01:10:57 PM »

Very cool Q
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star