Good Meals for People Living Alone (Leftovers +++) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Good Meals for People Living Alone (Leftovers +++) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good Meals for People Living Alone (Leftovers +++)  (Read 1008 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: August 29, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »

Maybe this is an absurd thread, but ever since leaving home for university five years ago, I've been pretty bad at cooking things for myself. I've spent way too much money going out to eat, and now that I'm living in Vancouver, one of the most expensive cities in Canada, reality is hitting me over the head a bit. Plus, some people actually enjoy cooking, so maybe I'll surprise myself...

SO! Do any of you know any good recipes/dishes that I could make for myself? Simple and tasty is best. Something with a large yield for leftovers would also be awesome. I might try my hand at making chilli sometime soon. Anything ideas along those lines?

Thanks! Cheesy
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:13:52 AM »

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming. Right now I'm basically sustaining myself on canned meals, smoothies, and spoonfuls of peanut butter (skewed towards the spoonfuls of peanut butter... it's dire, but oh so good). Your help is appreciated.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

If I take my time I can pretty much follow any recipe and be successful. I've made chicken marsala and things like that, but it does tend to stress me out. Cooking fish on the stovetop is somewhere I haven't gone yet, mostly because I've heard it's notoriously hard to cook to the proper doneness without over-cooking.

Dishes where is all one pot, or like, a casserole over noodles, are probably best for me. Can't go wrong. I've made lamb stew, an apple pork thing, pulled pork, chilli...

So to summarize, my skills are rudimentary, but with patience and the crux of a recipe, I'm comfortable enough to proceed with the dish to completion. If you ask me to cook without a recipe, well... that's another story.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies