O'Malley (and Bernie) accuse the DNC of rigging the debate process
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:19:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  O'Malley (and Bernie) accuse the DNC of rigging the debate process
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: O'Malley (and Bernie) accuse the DNC of rigging the debate process  (Read 565 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:25:23 AM »

Link.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:47:32 AM »

They need to be careful here.
JRP1994

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »

O'Malley's suggestion is accurate.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:47:29 AM »

It's definitely rigged, especially the DNC with their superdelegates, but the GOP primary process is rigged as well.  Of course that worked against Clinton in 2008, when she received 22% at the convention, compared to Obama's 73%, despite a rather closer Democrat primary popular vote.  This time the rigging will work in her favor.

As for the debate schedule, if I were in charge I'd schedule them early and often.  The suggestion that the DNC chair favors Clinton's nomination and is doing what she can to ensure that outcome doesn't strike me as particularly incredible. 

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 08:18:03 AM »

Good for them; it is rigged.

I'm an independent voter, and I voted for Obama in 2012, but Hillary is a nauseating candidate.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 08:40:30 AM »

They're right; the DNC knows that less debates=better chance for Hillary because if there were more debates then she would definitely start to #feelthebern
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

I'm an independent voter, and I voted for Obama in 2012, but Hillary is a nauseating candidate.

I'm unaffiliated as well, and I voted for Obama in 2008 and Romney in 2012.  I sometimes change my registration to either Republican or Democrat for primary voting, then change it back to unaffiliated afterward.  (PA has closed primaries, also a three-week advance deadline.)  I'm thinking I may vote in either the Dem or GOP primary, but I haven't decided yet. 

I agree with you about Clinton.  I also don't care for Trump.  I really hope we don't end up with Trump vs. Clinton for a general election choice.  I've voted for other party candidates before both for president and governor, but it's much more satisfying to vote for either a D or R because that's where the power lies, so I really hope one of those two parties gets its head out of its ass before the convention.  If it starts to look like my vote could make a difference for either party, then I'll change to that party three weeks before the PA primary and vote in that party's primary.  Sanders doesn't really give me a raging hard-on, but I think he has better judgment than Clinton, and seems more trustworthy.  The GOP seems like the more interesting game this time in the sense that I have a hard time believing a majority of Republicans nominate Trump, but the others seem very weak at this point.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies