Donald Trump supports negotiating with terrorists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:57:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump supports negotiating with terrorists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Donald Trump supports negotiating with terrorists  (Read 1610 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420996/trump-2008-bush-evil-talk-iran-obama-cannot-do-worse-bush-jim-geraghty
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »

After reading this article, I am even more convinced that Trump is the best Republican for the job.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 12:57:37 PM »

Negotiating with Iran? You're telling me that Trump is the true heir to Ronald Reagan?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 12:58:28 PM »

After reading this article, I am even more convinced that Trump is the best Republican for the job.

More proof Trump hates this country. I find it surprising, to be quite honest, that someone who claims to be pro-life would actually support negotiating with people who are responsible for countless murders.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

More proof Trump hates this country. I find it surprising, to be quite honest, that someone who claims to be pro-life would actually support negotiating with people who are responsible for countless murders.

Iran has done NOTHING to the United States.  Indeed, we have done more to them in terms of interfering in their internal affairs than they have with us.  Our CIA overthrew their Prime Minister in the 1950s and installed the Shah, whose secret police ruthlessly dealt with dissidents, and whose agents came to the US to spy on the activities of Iranian students in the US. 

The current Iranian government is not my idea of an ideal regime, but opposed to who?  China?  Russia?  Saudi Arabia?  We negotiate with all of these countries; indeed, we negotiated with China while Mao was still alive.  Negotiations are things we normally conduct with nations that we have deep differences with.

There is NO compelling reason to reject the current deal with Iran on nuclear weapons, other than partisan politics.  There is no better deal on the table, this deal was agreed to by multiple nations, and the deal is an improvement over what we have.  Those who want more need to consider the fact that Iran is a sovereign nation and their sovereignty needs to be respected as much as anyone elses. 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »

You'd do well to cut the hyperbolic BS. Just because someone has different ideas on policy doesn't mean they hate America. You really ought to be more introspective about how you're coming across these days. Seriously. It's a piece of honest, friendly advice.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 01:26:36 PM »

dudeabides and Donald Trump would both fit under this great quote from Dr. Samuel Johnson - "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:56:42 PM »

Iran has done NOTHING to the United States.  Indeed, we have done more to them in terms of interfering in their internal affairs than they have with us.  Our CIA overthrew their Prime Minister in the 1950s and installed the Shah, whose secret police ruthlessly dealt with dissidents, and whose agents came to the US to spy on the activities of Iranian students in the US. 

The current Iranian government is not my idea of an ideal regime, but opposed to who?  China?  Russia?  Saudi Arabia?  We negotiate with all of these countries; indeed, we negotiated with China while Mao was still alive.  Negotiations are things we normally conduct with nations that we have deep differences with.

There is NO compelling reason to reject the current deal with Iran on nuclear weapons, other than partisan politics.  There is no better deal on the table, this deal was agreed to by multiple nations, and the deal is an improvement over what we have.  Those who want more need to consider the fact that Iran is a sovereign nation and their sovereignty needs to be respected as much as anyone elses. 

The difference between Iran and China is that China is not the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism. Our relationship with China is not what I would call friendly, but it is more of a relationship based on economic competition, China is not actively giving money to our enemies and terrorist organizations. The present regime in Iran has a history of murdering Jews, Christians, and homosexuals. They have murdered innocent people in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen. As for your argument with Saudi Arabia, I happen to believe we should take a more forceful tone with them as we did with Iran prior to this administration. There should be crippling economic sanctions there as well. As for Russia, the problem is Putin simply put. The man has committed countless atrocities against his own people and he legitimized Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

This deal with Iran needs to be rejected for the good of the country, those who support it are letting their left-wing ideology cloud their judgement as opposed to their patriotism guiding them to oppose this deal which allows billions of dollars to flow into Iran, and then onto other terrorist organizations. Additionally, this deal does very little, if anything, to actually stop Iran from creating a nuclear weapon. Iran is an outlaw regime, they should not be considered a sovereign state, and I'd take no deal over this deal any day - the only way we should even consider lifting economic sanctions is if the Iranians promise to stop sending money to our enemies.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »

madelka
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »

You mean a war criminal like George W. Bush?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »

FF move
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »

Trump supports negotiation with whomever, especially if he gets to be the negotiator. That's been the message I've picked up from him since his announcement.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »

What else are we supposed to do with terrorists? Bomb them and generate even more support for ISIS?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »

Trump supports negotiation with whomever, especially if he gets to be the negotiator. That's been the message I've picked up from him since his announcement.

Haha very accurate! And the crowds will love this!

"Who would you rather have negotiating with Iran? Trump!" (Raucous cheers) "Or Jeb?" (Roars of Boos)

This will be perfect for the rallies.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »

I guess dudeabides wouldn't have supported negotiating The Camp David Accords because Egypt is such a repressive state and was at war with Israel a few years earlier.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »

Jeb has Iran Contra ties, and they're attacking someone for saying they'd negotiate with Iran? LOL!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »

I thought you said terrorists.............

Iran is fighting ISIS you know.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »

Iran, Assad's Syria, the Kurds, Hezbollah, fight against ISIS, backed by Putin's Russia.

Israel, Saudi Arabia, the Iraq we trained and armed, and Turkey are all taking a powder on this.

John Foster Dulles once said that we ought to do a cost-benefit analysis of our foreign alliances.  I think now would be a good time for all of this.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »

Iran, Assad's Syria, the Kurds, Hezbollah, fight against ISIS, backed by Putin's Russia.

Israel, Saudi Arabia, the Iraq we trained and armed, and Turkey are all taking a powder on this.

John Foster Dulles once said that we ought to do a cost-benefit analysis of our foreign alliances.  I think now would be a good time for all of this.

At this point, all of the Iranian-linked groups but Assad are a lesser evil than ISIS.

And we really need to stop being allies with Saudi Arabia. We need to reduce Saudi Arabia's status as the defender of Sunni Islam and help a more moderate regime gain that status.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »

This is just a way for Dudeabides to lobby us about the Iran Deal.

Point aside I thought everyone on here is smart enough to work out you have to talk to 'terrorists'. By your logic the UK shouldn't be talking to the US, since you're just a bunch of terrorists who killed are brave British boys etc
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 05:45:40 PM »

At this point, all of the Iranian-linked groups but Assad are a lesser evil than ISIS.

Even then. Assad is clearly the lesser evil versus the Islamic State.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 07:19:51 PM »

Even then. Assad is clearly the lesser evil versus the Islamic State.

I would argue that he's less dangerous at the moment (and thus a "lesser evil"), but at an equal level of evil overall as ISIS.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »

they should not be considered a sovereign state

Holy sh**t.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

The Republicans knee-jerk reaction against talking to our enemies has always perplexed me. I mean, I doubt we'll have much to say, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
bobloblaw
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 10:56:22 PM »

Like Obama did with Iran
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies