Denali ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:39:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denali ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denali !  (Read 9030 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: September 01, 2015, 10:23:01 AM »

Funny how the party that supposedly supports "state's rights" is mad that the feds are finally acknowledging Alaska's name for the mountain. Anti-Obamism trumps coherent ideology once again.

This is hardly a party thing.  Many Alaska Republicans were the ones fighting to change it, including Murkowski, who just praised the President.  It's not exactly shocking that OHIO REPUBLICANS would object to what they see as trying to erase McKinley.

As another poster said, let Alaska do as they wish, but rename something else after McKinley.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »

I refuse to let you people eff with the Great Lakes.

The white tears would be delicious.

I am race warrior, hear me roar.

You're seriously so annoying.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »

Funny how the party that supposedly supports "state's rights" is mad that the feds are finally acknowledging Alaska's name for the mountain. Anti-Obamism trumps coherent ideology once again.

This is hardly a party thing.  Many Alaska Republicans were the ones fighting to change it, including Murkowski, who just praised the President.  It's not exactly shocking that OHIO REPUBLICANS would object to what they see as trying to erase McKinley.

Huckabee and Trump are from Ohio?

Ohio Republicans have been the main vocal opposition, and it's not like Ohio's Democrats are singing its praises ... Plus Alaska Republicans support it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies