Denali ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denali ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denali !  (Read 9023 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 30, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

I have no problem with this, not sure why anybody else would either.  (unless maybe you're a relative of his or something)  It's not like it's named Mt Washington or something.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »

Freedom Change of course, but:

Give McKinley another mountain. He did get assassinated after all. Maybe a bridge?
Oh man....the McKinley Bridge in St.Louis was the scarriest bridge I've ever crossed more than once.  Built in 1910 as a dual use bridge, trains on the inside, cars on skinny lanes sticking out from the side of the main bridge.  It was the fastest way into downtown from Illinois if you lived north of the city.  So every Cardinals game, every field trip to the arch, you had to cross the bridge.  Sometime before I was born they took out the tracks and let cars drive in the middle as well, but EVERYbody drove on the outside because they did an ass job paving the tracks and they were bumpy as a mofo.

Meanwhile, the city of Venice in IL was collecting tolls from everybody that crossed the bridge, for like 60 years or something, yet did as little as possible to maintain the funker.  So when I was going over it in the 70s and 80s it was, quite literally falling apart.  Large chunks of the road bed falling into the river falling apart.  It's since been closed and reopened as a footbridge I guess.  Riding on the outside on a school bus was freaky as hell....can't see the rails....look out the window and it seemed like it was nothing but 100' of air and then the nasty ass Mississippi River.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:46 PM »

More than half US states have Native American names, and many many more cities and counties and what have you.  I don't think anybody is suggesting every place (or any other places for that matter) have their names changed, I really don't see what the big deal is here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 06:23:38 AM »

Yeah, white people are basically without culture.

"There's no such thing as white culture" he said, posting on the internet bulletin board.
In English, in September, on a Tuesday.  Though maybe Xahar uses Dhu al-Qi'dah and Monggolbar?  (why yes, I did look that up)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:02 AM »

Sorry Obama, you don't have the right to change the name of a national landmark. That right belongs to Congress.

I thought you liked state's rights though.

I do. I also support the Alaskan government joining forces with congress to take this out of Obama's power grabbing hands.
This post makes no sense.  Do try and keep up.  Alaska, in 1975, changed the name to Denali.  The Feds wanted to as well, but douchenozzles in Ohio played games for the past 40 years.  Obama, FULLY IN HIS RIGHTS, fixed it.  This isn't an overreach of Obama, this is common sense and should have been done a long freaking time ago.  Kneejerk reactions to anything the other side does isn't good.  Sometimes they're right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies