Denali ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denali ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denali !  (Read 9054 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »

This kind of revisionism out of PC sentiments is generally utter nonsense. I have no reason to assume it's different in this case.

Okay, but why should it remain Mt. McKinley when the majority of Alaskans (including the Natives) want it to be Denali?
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't aware of the fact that most people and most Alaskans actually do use this name. I thought it was more of a "this field in Washington was once called Waka Waka so from now on you're a dumb, insensitive, micro-aggressive racist if you call the state Washington!1!11!" case. However, after having read some more on this, the case does seem to be different to me, because people seem to prefer this name, so it makes sense to officially change it. I agree with this:

If a name doesn't win after having the backing of the government for a 100 years, it is a loser name and doesn't deserve to survive.

^^yes this. if white people already call it that too then it's fine

(/s)
Doesn't really matter what skin color these people have, it's a vast majority of Alaskans. Lol @ the "you're a racist!1!" reflex, the Pavlov of the left.

Yes, as stupid as the "This kind of revisionism out of PC sentiments is generally utter nonsense. I have no reason to assume it's different in this case!1!" reflex of one DavidB
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies