In case somebody still missed this
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:57:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  In case somebody still missed this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: In case somebody still missed this  (Read 2406 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »

Except for Homely at the DoFE, we don't have a cabinet and the President haven't made a single nomination in weeks to fix it.

Oh yes, the GM spot is vacant as well.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »

Griffin's still in charge of the Census Bureau, so there are technically two cabinet officers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:30:21 PM »

Griffin's still in charge of the Census Bureau, so there are technically two cabinet officers.

Right, my bad. Still, it makes things only marginally better.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

This really is inexcusable.

This is a key element of the President's responsibilities.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 06:52:41 PM »

This really is inexcusable.

This is a key element of the President's responsibilities.
Agree
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »

Gee, if only we had an executive leader who could appoint new cabinet members...

Seriously, though, does Bore even care anymore? Not appointing new cabinet members is simply farcical.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »

I'll be something if someone wants me to.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 08:46:38 PM »

Gee, if only we had an executive leader who could appoint new cabinet members...

Seriously, though, does Bore even care anymore? Not appointing new cabinet members is simply farcical.

If he doesn't care then he should resign and let his successor do the job (seriously, there are two months of his remaining). If, since we can't rule that out, he's tied in his real life, he should post a leave of absence. Otherwise it's just being a dick, whether intentional ot not.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »

If he doesn't care then he should resign and let his successor do the job (seriously, there are two months of his remaining). If, since we can't rule that out, he's tied in his real life, he should post a leave of absence. Otherwise it's just being a dick, whether intentional ot not.

Completely agree. I'm kind of getting the impression that not only he doesn't care, but he actually doesn't want Atlasia to survive (maybe he thinks it's the best way to change the status quo?) and thinks that an absent President will fix things.

What's your opinion on Senator Polnut calling for Bore to either appoint new cabinet members or step down? I, for one, wholeheartedly agree.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »

Completely agree. I'm kind of getting the impression that not only he doesn't care, but he actually doesn't want Atlasia to survive (maybe he thinks it's the best way to change the status quo?) and thinks that an absent President will fix things.

What's your opinion on Senator Polnut calling for Bore to either appoint new cabinet members or step down? I, for one, wholeheartedly agree.

So do I.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »

I actually wish I wouldn't have appointed most of the cabinet, tbh, when I was Pres. And even then it was really hard to find people. I was bent on having a cabinet, and I had Snowstalker and sirnick, and I appointed Hifly (who was rejected) for SEA, because they were the only people interested in the positions. Yeah, that was all a disaster. I can only imagine what it's like now.

See, if I were bore I wouldn't want to deal with this. And I got to the point where I really didn't. That's why I think President is the worst position in this game, and if you're someone who succeeded four years ago or whatever or under a different climate, I guess it's easy to sit there and be a backseat driver now.

Hey, if anybody thinks they can do better, especially these cookie-cutter blue/yellow avatar newbies, step up and swing the ol' bat, boys! Let's see some homeruns in this ballpark.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:43 PM »

I actually wish I wouldn't have appointed most of the cabinet, tbh, when I was Pres. And even then it was really hard to find people. I was bent on having a cabinet, and I had Snowstalker and sirnick, and I appointed Hifly (who was rejected) for SEA, because they were the only people interested in the positions. Yeah, that was all a disaster. I can only imagine what it's like now.

See, if I were bore I wouldn't want to deal with this. And I got to the point where I really didn't. That's why I think President is the worst position in this game, and if you're someone who succeeded four years ago or whatever or under a different climate, I guess it's easy to sit there and be a backseat driver now.

Hey, if anybody thinks they can do better, especially these cookie-cutter blue/yellow avatar newbies, step up and swing the ol' bat, boys! Let's see some homeruns in this ballpark.

As I've just said in another thread:

I'm not expecting much given the general lack of applicatinos before, but if anyone who is interested in any cabinet position please contact me.

You really should be more assertive, that is actually offer someone, you think would do a good job, a cabinet position instead of just "I'm waiting for applications, but nothing is happening, oh well...". Such reasoning is a big problem in this game and should finally change.

For once take some bloody initiative, man. Especially in this situation.

Seriously, if I were President, I would try to find my own secretaries, instead of "I'm waiting for applications, take any candidate" crap. We need to stop with this.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »

As I've just said in another thread:

I'm not expecting much given the general lack of applicatinos before, but if anyone who is interested in any cabinet position please contact me.

You really should be more assertive, that is actually offer someone, you think would do a good job, a cabinet position instead of just "I'm waiting for applications, but nothing is happening, oh well...". Such reasoning is a big problem in this game and should finally change.

For once take some bloody initiative, man. Especially in this situation.

Seriously, if I were President, I would try to find my own secretaries, instead of "I'm waiting for applications, take any candidate" crap. We need to stop with this.

excuse me, mr senator, but it was in fact your politically-driven witch hunt that drove away our last vice president. as such, your words ring hollow.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 06:23:20 PM »

Disgraced former GM and newbies pile onto bore...

Lumine is potentially running for president.

Yeah this is as much of a sh**tshow as I was told. Who would take a cabinet post even if asked in this apocalyptic situation?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

Yeah this is as much of a sh**tshow as I was told. Who would take a cabinet post even if asked in this apocalyptic situation?

Woah, when did I turn into the antichrist?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »

It's not as if we haven't had a problem filling cabinet positions for a long time now. Most are vacant because there's simply no interest at the moment.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »

This isn't about bore as a person, I've supported bore twice and he's still got two months to run. Very, very few here now understand how difficult the job of dealing with the Cabinet is. But, they're still jobs with importance and it's a part of the president's job to fill them.

This situation cannot be deflected as an accusation of deliberately targeting the President, or about campaigning. This is a serious situation and requires a rapid resolution. I'm very happy that the President has responded.

There are options, such as one person holding more than one role. Basically, what I'm saying is we cannot wait two months for these roles to be filled. I echo the call for those who are being so gun-ho, to put themselves forward and serve your country.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »

Bore...... RESIGN!!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 03:52:21 AM »

We're not trying to drive Bore out. If anything, we're doing everything to give him both time and chance. Otherwise we would've started impeachment proceedings long, long ago.

Like Polnut said, I've supported him twice and we've worked together closely, and driving him out is the last thing I want. But he needs to take some initiative. The fact some people doesn't seem to realize what's wrong with the situation is indeed troubling.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 04:41:56 AM »

Presumably I'm the yellow newbie? I wouldn't be against running for President, but I'm constitutionally ineligible--I think it's 180 days, and I haven't been around that long.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »

We're not trying to drive Bore out. If anything, we're doing everything to give him both time and chance. Otherwise we would've started impeachment proceedings long, long ago.

Like Polnut said, I've supported him twice and we've worked together closely, and driving him out is the last thing I want. But he needs to take some initiative. The fact some people doesn't seem to realize what's wrong with the situation is indeed troubling.
When some one does not do his job,he should resign- as simple as that..... I come back to this place and it is a garbage dump....UNDER HIS WATCH!

And for all those who are bashing the new people here..... people like Leinad and Classic Conservative and others who are dedicated to Atlasia are the SOLUTION,not the problem!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 09:23:27 AM »

Shame on bore for not filling jobs that no one is willing to do imo
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 09:26:46 AM »

Back years ago... these jobs were competitive- If I remember correctly
I believe that it is up to the President to set the tone.....and if he is not willing to create an environment where these jobs are desirable,he has got to go
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »

I believe that it is up to the President to set the tone.....and if he is not willing to create an environment where these jobs are desirable,he has got to go

I'm as dissatisfied with Bore's performance as anyone, but to place the blame for the current predicament on the shoulders of one man is inaccurate and, frankly, cheap politics. The roots of this crisis go much, much deeper than the failings of a single president, and while the powers of that office are indeed vast, it is unrealistic to expect him to turn the tide on months worth of inactivity and apathy on his own. Saying otherwise is dangerous, because it ignores the real systematic problems facing Atlasia in favor of a simplistic solution.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »

I'm as dissatisfied with Bore's performance as anyone, but to place the blame for the current predicament on the shoulders of one man is inaccurate and, frankly, cheap politics. The roots of this crisis go much, much deeper than the failings of a single president, and while the powers of that office are indeed vast, it is unrealistic to expect him to turn the tide on months worth of inactivity and apathy on his own. Saying otherwise is dangerous, because it ignores the real systematic problems facing Atlasia in favor of a simplistic solution.
He is not the only problem..... but what has he done to fix it?? You accusing me of cheap politics is cheap politics on your behalf..... an economic recession is not a president's fault entirely,but the one who oversees it should still be held accountable. Bore has overseen the demise of Atlasia- he MUST be held accountable
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies