College Football 2015 Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2015 Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: College Football 2015 Discussion Thread  (Read 4809 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:50 AM »

I'm gonna need one of these. It's clear we have enough fans for one if club football gets one.

Anyway, to start us off, who knew Auburn produced such educated students! Here I was thinking Bama was near the top of SEC public schools!

gespb19
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »

My team sucks, but I'm looking forward to the season.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »

Wow, last night was sickening for me. I'll just hope James Madison loses their FBS game too so no one goes undefeated, but that was really a terrible performance unlike last year. Sad Nova's skill players better improve as the year goes on.

Could be worse. We could have been UCF. And even though they won Utah State looked pretty terrible for a team supposed to be Boise States equal this year.

Also - great surprise from SC. I love how the media attacked Connor Mitch for like a year and even though it wasn't pretty, he beat a good team. SEC flashing it's dominance...well, except for Vandy, but they ought to be voted out anyway. Force them into the Magnolia League.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

Wow, last night was sickening for me. I'll just hope James Madison loses their FBS game too so no one goes undefeated, but that was really a terrible performance unlike last year. Sad Nova's skill players better improve as the year goes on.

Could be worse. We could have been UCF. And even though they won Utah State looked pretty terrible for a team supposed to be Boise States equal this year.

Also - great surprise from SC. I love how the media attacked Connor Mitch for like a year and even though it wasn't pretty, he beat a good team. SEC flashing it's dominance...well, except for Vandy, but they ought to be voted out anyway. Force them into the Magnolia League.

SEC isn't going to vote out a school that brings up their academic rankings and is strong in other sports (like baseball).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »

SEC isn't going to vote out a school that brings up their academic rankings and is strong in other sports (like baseball).

Lol, obviously not, but I can dream - baseball has other dominant teams and the rest of the SEC doesnt care much about acdemics.The Southern Ivies must happen one day!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »

Glad I chose to watch that Vandy-WKU game - Western's offense is always fun to watch when they get going like they did in the second half (it wasn't a shootout like against Marshall, but that's to be expected against Vandy's defense). A failed two point conversion and a near-recovery on an onside kick meant it was interesting through the last thirty seconds.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »

I was at the BYU-Nebraska game. Mormons certainly don't need alcohol to get rowdy.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 03:46:24 AM »

I was at the BYU-Nebraska game. Mormons certainly don't need alcohol to get rowdy.
Still haven't seen, but just read how the game ended.....oh boy, the locals are going to be rowdy today aren't they?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:17 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2015, 12:06:05 AM by SMilo »

Dak is god.
Shame the o-line is absolute trash. You misled us, Harry! Sad

The dream is on life support... but only with some o-line adjustments and experience. Killer

Addendum: It's Temple time, baby!! When did little brother start looking so fresh? Run the table, boys!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 02:20:00 AM »

The graphic in the OP has a major error. USC is in the SEC, not the Pac-12.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 09:24:09 AM »

SoCal, Ernest. South Carolina is rarely abbreviated that way and is certainly not top 25 this year
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 02:46:22 PM »

God college football is cruel.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 09:37:35 AM »

SoCal, Ernest. South Carolina is rarely abbreviated that way and is certainly not top 25 this year

I was already aware of both facts, especially that the Cocks are flaccid this year. They really ought to be 0-2 rather than 1-1. The Cocks didn't win the opener, the Tar heels gave it away.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 06:02:06 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2015, 08:30:40 PM by SMilo »

We have had not one, but TWO miracles in Philadelphia this afternoon!!

In the noon game, Villanova trailed archrival Delaware 21-14 when Walter Payton winning QB John Robertson got knocked out of the game. The talented Redshirt Freshman replaced him to toss a touchdown on his 2nd play. Despite a missed PAT, he led them down the field on the next drive and had a YUUUUGE TD dash! 28-21 Escape

And in the afternoon start, Temple just could not hold on to their lead (or the football), but behind PJ Walker and his 400 yards narrowly escaped UMass with a late field goal!

Phew; a near disastrous day for Philly scholarship football...exhale. Up next - Penn and @Charlotte. Winnable games that won't be overlooked like last week.

Temple 3-0
'Nova 2-1

The Catholic Power Rankings
1. Notre Dame 3-0
2. Boston College 2-1
3. Villanova 2-1 (Win @ Fordham H2H)
4. Fordham 2-1
5. Sacred Heart 2-1
6. Holy Cross 1-1
7. Dayton 2-0 (Win vs. Duquesne H2H)
8. Duquesne 2-1
9. San Diego 1-1
10. Saint Francis (PA) 1-2
11. Georgetown 1-2
12. Incarnate Word 2-1
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 07:30:02 PM »

Georgia is currently beating South Carolina. This is good.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »

LSU won 45-21 over Auburn Cheesy
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 11:52:35 PM »

So...the SEC West, huh? I mean Arkansas and Auburn are atrocious, but those other 5 are scary. Looks like everyone's gonna end up with a loss. What's the pecking order now? Something like...

1. LSU
2. Ole Miss
3. Miss St
4. Bama
5. TAMU
Huh

I thought Ole Miss was probably #5 coming in, but now, I don't know because that was a legit win in spite of the two crazy TDs. Hard to put TAMU 5th with their QBs and D-line, but it ain't right to put Saban that low either in spite of relative lack of talented stars by his standards. Am I too biased with 3? Or even 1/4?

That is not a fun gantlet. Hopefully the Bulldogs can resolve their issues and move up.

With the Big Ten and Big XII having multiple title contenders with potentially 0 or 1 loss, someone better survive this lest they yield to lesser conferences like the ACC.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 11:57:17 PM »

Coker is godawful. Alabama is going to lose 3 or 4 games this year, at least.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 10:00:33 AM »

Howdy folks,

I was pleased to see OU and the real OSU (Oklahoma State) had really good days yesterday.  OU still gave up 603 yards of total offense to Tulsa, but they had enough offense of their own to still win by a fair margin.  Mike Stoops has to get better control of the defense, though, or it's going to be tough making it through the Big 12 gauntlet of Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State.

As far as the upsets go from yesterday, I was in bed at 8:20 pm, so I didn't get to see Alabama lose to Ole Miss, but I was super glad to see that when I woke up this morning.  I was also pleased to see #6 USC get toppled by an unranked Stanford team that rolled over for Northwestern in Week 1.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

Torn on the Ole Miss/Bama result. On one hand, I hate Ole Miss but I also hate Saban and Bama. I'm glad that Bama is a little down and maybe Ole Miss can lose to Florida in a few weeks.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »

I am a USC fan, and our team has a lot of talent and some of the best athletes in college football, but we are still overrated garbage. No coaching adjustments during games when strategies are obviously not working, tunnel vision, and no desire to actually play the games to get wins. We could be a championship team, but there is just no way we make it through the Pac 12 schedule without losing more.

At this point I predict we'll lose at ASU, at Notre Dame, at Oregon, against Ugly, then we'll trip up one more versus either Utah, Cal, or Arizona.

It's an 8-5 season at best. I don't know if they'll fire Sark at that point, but the defensive coordinator could certainly be a sacrificial lamb at the end of the season. With the players on this team, it should be a 10 or 11 win season. But we'll fall short (again).
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

Coker is godawful. Alabama is going to lose 3 or 4 games this year, at least.

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 02:04:54 PM »

Welp, Illinois sucks. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

Howdy folks,

I was pleased to see OU and the real OSU (Oklahoma State) had really good days yesterday.  OU still gave up 603 yards of total offense to Tulsa, but they had enough offense of their own to still win by a fair margin.  Mike Stoops has to get better control of the defense, though, or it's going to be tough making it through the Big 12 gauntlet of Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State.

As far as the upsets go from yesterday, I was in bed at 8:20 pm, so I didn't get to see Alabama lose to Ole Miss, but I was super glad to see that when I woke up this morning.  I was also pleased to see #6 USC get toppled by an unranked Stanford team that rolled over for Northwestern in Week 1.

mods pls ban
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

Dak is god.
Shame the o-line is absolute trash. You misled us, Harry! Sad

The dream is on life support... but only with some o-line adjustments and experience. Killer

OL played much better last night against Auburn after changing out our LT for a freshman. Still can't run the ball, but maybe we're just an Air Raid team now.

If Mississippi State beats Texas A&M next week (not so scary after they were lucky to beat an awful Arkansas team), we have as good a shot as anyone to win the West.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies