College Football 2015 Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2015 Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: College Football 2015 Discussion Thread  (Read 4885 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »

Good season for UCLA so far, especially last night. Makes up for s**tshow of the Eagles. I'm interested to see if all 4 Pac-12 CA teams are ranked this week...
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 03:49:02 AM »

Cal. Cheesy
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 01:07:56 AM »

WOW. USC sucks more than I anticipated. It's honestly difficult to find more than one or two more wins in the rest of our schedule.

A 5-7 season would wipe the athletic department floor to ceiling, and that's what we need.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:39 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 02:08:01 AM by smilo »

WOW. USC sucks more than I anticipated. It's honestly difficult to find more than one or two more wins in the rest of our schedule.

A 5-7 season would wipe the athletic department floor to ceiling, and that's what we need.

That was a flat out embarrassment. U-Dubs is pretty terrible this year. Sorry to see that, and I hope you didn't have to witness it. Would be their first real losing season since 2000  Surprise Incredibly, Sagarin listed USC as #2 in the nation Surprise Surprise Surprise

I can't imagine Sarkisian would be out after two years already because that seemed like a great hire. Typically, you'd say let him get his recruits in, but with the amount of talent there, you shouldn't be able to rationalize like that. Haden might not have a ton of time though.

In other news, Georgetown football received the largest donation ($50 million) in school history!! The smallest stadium in Division 1 (2500, less than half the next full scholly team) may be no longer! Look out, Patriot League! Gonna be real finally
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »

Of course, USC sucks.  Not even Steve Spurrier can do more than whitewash the leaden Gamecocks this year.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

I think this sums things up nicely right now:

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »

Down goes Oregon! My other favorite coach, Mike Leach, does it again! Awesome!
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »

That was a flat out embarrassment. U-Dubs is pretty terrible this year. Sorry to see that, and I hope you didn't have to witness it. Would be their first real losing season since 2000  Surprise Incredibly, Sagarin listed USC as #2 in the nation Surprise Surprise Surprise

I can't imagine Sarkisian would be out after two years already because that seemed like a great hire. Typically, you'd say let him get his recruits in, but with the amount of talent there, you shouldn't be able to rationalize like that. Haden might not have a ton of time though.

Welp.... Sark's gone now. Although it happened in the worst way possible, I think USC fans as a whole are glad he's gone.

Unfortunately, I was there Thursday to witness the terror. USC was not ready to play last Thursday, both in mentality and game plan. I can't complain about defense, it being mediocre, holding an opponent to 17 points, especially with the offense we are (supposed to) have. But we still had a chance to win when we got our run game going. Reverting to three straight pass plays in the fourth quarter obviously stalled the potentially game winning drive. And Clay Helton, offensive coordinator, has a body of work as play caller that indicates he's not stupid. Evidence points to Sark pressuring Helton to run pass plays in arguably Cody Kessler's first truly abysmal game as a starter.

Then there are the rumors swirling that Kessler played with a concussion Thursday, causing his horrid performance. Max Browne, the backup QB, took more snaps than Kessler in Sunday's practice, only heightening suspicions.

Saturday's game at Notre Dame will be interesting. I personally think either USC will romp, or Notre Dame will romp, with no middle ground. This situation will either be USC's ultimate rallying cry, or the end of the program as we know it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »

Wow, absolutely terrible day is your initials are SS and you coach at a USC...

RIP Steve Spurrier's coaching career as well Sad

One of the best. Guess that leaves Saban, Miles, Mullen, Craig Bohl and Italian-icon Mark Dantonio to cheer for. Maybe Pat Fitgerald and Kirk Ferentz too.

This is the worst coincidence since two guys named Jim from Virginia thought they could be the next President.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 10:09:56 PM »

One of the best. Guess that leaves Saban, Miles, Mullen, Craig Bohl and Italian-icon Mark Dantonio to cheer for. Maybe Pat Fitgerald and Kirk Ferentz too.

This is the worst coincidence since two guys named Jim from Virginia thought they could be the next President.

If you're cheering for Nick Saban and you don't live in western Alabama something is objectively wrong with you.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2015, 10:28:38 PM by smilo »

If you're cheering for Nick Saban and you don't live in western Alabama something is objectively wrong with you.

Well, I've always been a Michigan State basketball fan on account of Izzo so that sort of extended to Nick, but it really started as I liked LSU as my SEC team in the early 00s.

In 2008, I remained such a big Saban fan that I bet my uncle the bridge toll that they would pull the upset over Clemson to open the season. Saban single-handedly turned me into an Alabama fan in those memorable Alabama-LSU match-ups just a couple years after Big Baby made LSU one of my favorites across all sports. Saban has such a power. None of Alabama's other sports get me excited at all. I hate their basketball. Baseball is mediocre. Not true of the other SEC West schools.

His 24/7 angry demeanor is a thing of beauty. As you can tell from my Trump and Christie fan-dom,  I am a yuuuugggge fan of angry people, especially those that bring nothing but great memories like that trio.

Before I get called out for switching teams too much, keep in mind, in football, Temple has a long history of losing and Villanova has a long history of not caring, so I am forced to pick 3-4 teams per conference aside from those two losers to cheer for if I want to have any fun. That is typically based on personalities of players and coaches. For example, Jameis ruined FSU for me. I'm not exactly a total frontrunner.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »

The SEC just isn't the same without Spurrier Sad

Sad, sad day.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 02:42:33 AM »

As both a UCLA and Eagles fan, these Chip Kelly to USC rumors are a nightmare.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »

Thought Illinois was going to steal one at Iowa last week. Sad
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2015, 11:12:20 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2015, 11:37:43 PM by smilo »

I'm reading that with Ole Miss and TAMU laying eggs for the SEC, the marquee matchup College Gameday may be heading to next week may be in Harrisonburg, Virginia for the highly anticipated match-up between 7-0 Best in FCS James Madison and in-state rival 5-1 Richmond. Should be exciting, but I expect Vad Lee will take over in front of the home crowd.

Temple continues to escape! Wonder how much longer it will go. On to ECU next week, hoping to go into the Notre Dame game undefeated. In spite of Houston and Memphis, Temple seems like the best bet to land in a New Year's Bowl because they should easily get to the AAC Conference Championship. Though Toledo remains ahead of all three momentarily, I'm not sure the MAC schedule is strong enough compared to the American. Even Navy would be more of a threat to get there. I'd take a 1-loss AAC team over Toledo for sure though a 2-loss team would be a close call.

The WKU/Marshall winner will still have a bad loss. Utah State has to get by BYU (plus the MW is way down). And the Sun Belt isn't there yet. Feeling optimistic about the Owls! Peach Bowl perhaps?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »

Everybody ready for the Memphis-Iowa National Championship game?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »

Trevone Boykin for the Horned Frogs is sick good (statistically, he's unbelievable). I'd love to see them in the national championship, but that D has to get better.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »

Well this Memphis fans think they're really in the Playoff now.

I think there's a pretty good chance we see a 2-loss SEC champ. If that team is Alabama (likely), expect a major outcry if 11-2 Alabama gets in the Playoff over 13-0 Memphis, when Memphis beat one of the teams Alabama lost to.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Memphis will not be in the playoff even with 13-0. They are a good team but best case scenario for them is playing in one of the "New Year 6" bowl games. Given their lackluster football history that would be amazing for them.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »

Temple continues to escape! Wonder how much longer it will go. On to ECU next week, hoping to go into the Notre Dame game undefeated. In spite of Houston and Memphis, Temple seems like the best bet to land in a New Year's Bowl because they should easily get to the AAC Conference Championship. Though Toledo remains ahead of all three momentarily, I'm not sure the MAC schedule is strong enough compared to the American. Even Navy would be more of a threat to get there. I'd take a 1-loss AAC team over Toledo for sure though a 2-loss team would be a close call.

The WKU/Marshall winner will still have a bad loss. Utah State has to get by BYU (plus the MW is way down). And the Sun Belt isn't there yet. Feeling optimistic about the Owls! Peach Bowl perhaps?

Good to see another fan of a "mid major" on here, I'm a Southern Miss fan. We're 4-3 right now, granted our 4 wins are over crappy teams but it's a lot better than 2012-2014 when we went a combined 4-32.

At this point, I think Houston has the inside track at the 'big bowl' spot in large part because their remaining schedule is favorable with Cincy and Memphis at home. If Temple can win in Greenville (tough place to play) on Thursday, then they'll have a great shot to make a huge statement against ND in Philly. Memphis is solid but they still have to play at Houston and Temple and I think they could drop both...

If the AAC teams beat each other up then I look for Toledo who could go 12-0 to get the bid.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 09:04:36 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2015, 09:11:26 PM by CapoteMonster »

My team Stanford looks a lot better after our week 1 debacle. Too bad the Northwestern loss leaves no margin of error for CFP hopes but running the table looks ever more so hopeful with our offense playing the best it has since Luck left.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »

Wow! I picked three upsets tonight, but it appears only Temple will come through (thank goodness!)

Not a good game at all - nearly 10 dropped passes that should have been caught (many on deep plays), far too many penalties, and an o-line that just could not get going. On the bright side, the running game is going to have some freakish athletes for this level. Sick cuts all day.

7-0! On to Notre Dame! #DeportTheIrish #TempleTough
Not feeling great about the Owls' chances, but they should be at least competitive. They need to step up their game after these last two disastrous weeks.

Too bad tickets start at $100. Guess I'll just be going to Villanova-Maine with Penn out of town?

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »

Hope everyone cleared out their schedule for the Wagner-BYU game.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »

The FSU/GT finish....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies