College Football 2015 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2015 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Football 2015 Discussion Thread  (Read 4913 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: September 20, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »

I am a USC fan, and our team has a lot of talent and some of the best athletes in college football, but we are still overrated garbage. No coaching adjustments during games when strategies are obviously not working, tunnel vision, and no desire to actually play the games to get wins. We could be a championship team, but there is just no way we make it through the Pac 12 schedule without losing more.

At this point I predict we'll lose at ASU, at Notre Dame, at Oregon, against Ugly, then we'll trip up one more versus either Utah, Cal, or Arizona.

It's an 8-5 season at best. I don't know if they'll fire Sark at that point, but the defensive coordinator could certainly be a sacrificial lamb at the end of the season. With the players on this team, it should be a 10 or 11 win season. But we'll fall short (again).
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

Coker is godawful. Alabama is going to lose 3 or 4 games this year, at least.

Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 01:07:56 AM »

WOW. USC sucks more than I anticipated. It's honestly difficult to find more than one or two more wins in the rest of our schedule.

A 5-7 season would wipe the athletic department floor to ceiling, and that's what we need.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »

WOW. USC sucks more than I anticipated. It's honestly difficult to find more than one or two more wins in the rest of our schedule.

A 5-7 season would wipe the athletic department floor to ceiling, and that's what we need.

That was a flat out embarrassment. U-Dubs is pretty terrible this year. Sorry to see that, and I hope you didn't have to witness it. Would be their first real losing season since 2000  Surprise Incredibly, Sagarin listed USC as #2 in the nation Surprise Surprise Surprise

I can't imagine Sarkisian would be out after two years already because that seemed like a great hire. Typically, you'd say let him get his recruits in, but with the amount of talent there, you shouldn't be able to rationalize like that. Haden might not have a ton of time though.

Welp.... Sark's gone now. Although it happened in the worst way possible, I think USC fans as a whole are glad he's gone.

Unfortunately, I was there Thursday to witness the terror. USC was not ready to play last Thursday, both in mentality and game plan. I can't complain about defense, it being mediocre, holding an opponent to 17 points, especially with the offense we are (supposed to) have. But we still had a chance to win when we got our run game going. Reverting to three straight pass plays in the fourth quarter obviously stalled the potentially game winning drive. And Clay Helton, offensive coordinator, has a body of work as play caller that indicates he's not stupid. Evidence points to Sark pressuring Helton to run pass plays in arguably Cody Kessler's first truly abysmal game as a starter.

Then there are the rumors swirling that Kessler played with a concussion Thursday, causing his horrid performance. Max Browne, the backup QB, took more snaps than Kessler in Sunday's practice, only heightening suspicions.

Saturday's game at Notre Dame will be interesting. I personally think either USC will romp, or Notre Dame will romp, with no middle ground. This situation will either be USC's ultimate rallying cry, or the end of the program as we know it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies