College Football 2015 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:49:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2015 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Football 2015 Discussion Thread  (Read 4930 times)
gespb19
United States

« on: September 03, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »

My team sucks, but I'm looking forward to the season.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

Torn on the Ole Miss/Bama result. On one hand, I hate Ole Miss but I also hate Saban and Bama. I'm glad that Bama is a little down and maybe Ole Miss can lose to Florida in a few weeks.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Memphis will not be in the playoff even with 13-0. They are a good team but best case scenario for them is playing in one of the "New Year 6" bowl games. Given their lackluster football history that would be amazing for them.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »

Temple continues to escape! Wonder how much longer it will go. On to ECU next week, hoping to go into the Notre Dame game undefeated. In spite of Houston and Memphis, Temple seems like the best bet to land in a New Year's Bowl because they should easily get to the AAC Conference Championship. Though Toledo remains ahead of all three momentarily, I'm not sure the MAC schedule is strong enough compared to the American. Even Navy would be more of a threat to get there. I'd take a 1-loss AAC team over Toledo for sure though a 2-loss team would be a close call.

The WKU/Marshall winner will still have a bad loss. Utah State has to get by BYU (plus the MW is way down). And the Sun Belt isn't there yet. Feeling optimistic about the Owls! Peach Bowl perhaps?

Good to see another fan of a "mid major" on here, I'm a Southern Miss fan. We're 4-3 right now, granted our 4 wins are over crappy teams but it's a lot better than 2012-2014 when we went a combined 4-32.

At this point, I think Houston has the inside track at the 'big bowl' spot in large part because their remaining schedule is favorable with Cincy and Memphis at home. If Temple can win in Greenville (tough place to play) on Thursday, then they'll have a great shot to make a huge statement against ND in Philly. Memphis is solid but they still have to play at Houston and Temple and I think they could drop both...

If the AAC teams beat each other up then I look for Toledo who could go 12-0 to get the bid.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »

The FSU/GT finish....
gespb19
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 11:04:53 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 11:06:40 PM by gespb19 »

It's amazing Miami was as good as they were for all those years. Stadium an hour from campus, small alumni base, little fan support, etc.

Justin Fuente and Tom Herman should both be considered IMO.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

I think Oklahoma State may be ranked in the top 4 or 5. If OU had not blown their game against Texas, the Bedlam game would be massive (it may be anyways).
gespb19
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »

Southern Miss is 7-3! Of course, we haven't beaten anybody but I'm thrilled with the way the season has gone thus far.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 12:17:39 AM »

Well, it looks like Iowa finally cracked the top 4. Kirk Ferentz is cool and all, but not sure I want them in the CFP.
gespb19
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 01:42:15 AM »

I didn't watch the Egg Bowl (which may make me a bad Mississippian even though I'm not a fan of either school) but was hoping State would win because I like Prescott and really hate Ole Miss. Looking like Mullen may bolt to Maryland (WTF?) or UGA. Wonder if MSU is still interested in Hudspeth after ULL took a step back this year + the NCAA just announced they had broke some rules under his watch...
gespb19
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »

Southern Miss vs Washington in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Any UW fans/grads on here?
gespb19
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 07:32:26 PM »

Tough loss from USM today in the bowl, but overall pleased with how the year went. We need to beat some decent teams though.

Interesting things going down in Big XII country last week that the news really hasn't covered all that much. I really thought all hope was lost for a Big XII conference expansion, but the Big Ten allegedly blocking deregulation that would allow 2 conferences of 5 teams. Thank goodness!

Rice and UTEP are now connected to the MW, but no expansion will happen at this time. I always figured UTEP would move, but I thought Rice might be waiting for either a private school conference or as a replacement for Houston in the American. Not sure why they'd leave rivals if they're not going to get a conference that fits their culture.

I've heard before that a private school league was in the works but when the Big East (now AAC) picked up SMU, Tulane, and Tulsa it kinda fell through. I will agree that Rice is a very weird fit in CUSA, with them being the only private school in the conference now. I hope they stay however because of their winning baseball program.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies