Gun Control - Opinions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:01:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Control - Opinions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Control - Opinions?  (Read 8494 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« on: September 30, 2015, 07:14:27 AM »
« edited: September 30, 2015, 07:18:29 AM by Intell »

Ban semi-automatic guns, rifles, machine guns etc. Allow people to own guns, through extensive testing, gun lessons as well as background checks, and mental history. Guns should be highly regulated, and preferably only allow the government to sell guns.

The gun culture in the US is horrifying, like the fact that regulating guns and establishing background checks, is against your freedom, somehow. I literally have tons of friends here who think US is a place, where everyone kills each other, people joke that the US is the most backwards country and that everyone in the US is gun nut. My friends here say that here and they're horrified at the fact, that I owned a gun in the US.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 07:43:53 AM »

Ban semi-automatic guns, rifles, machine guns etc.
You do realize that that would ban all guns but single action revolvers and possibly some shotguns, right?

Yes, a shotgun and pistol would do you fine, in protecting yourself.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 11:30:02 PM »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held weapons except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain. 

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass killings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect

Sarcasm or...
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held weapons except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain. 

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass killings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect

Sarcasm or...

No, why?

Considering you're a republican, that's a radical position to take.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:22:44 AM »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held weapons except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain.  

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass killings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect

Sarcasm or...

No, why?

Considering you're a republican, that's a radical position to take.

Sometimes it's easy for people to sit on their computers and talk about being for gun rights and the 2nd Amendment while not experiencing or understanding the repercussions of gun violence.  It's a pro-life position.

No, I'm fine with that belief, I'm not as radical at that, but I definitely want to restrict guns, ban certain type of guns, establish background checks, ban ownership for former criminals, mentally ill and I want to prevent the trade of guns, from anywhere else than from a sale to the owner, I also want to prevent the influence the NRA and gun groups has on  American society and the glorification of guns on the television and movies on shows for children and teens as well as regulating video games. I just said, that coming from a republican, that's surprising to say the lest.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:17:26 AM »

Mandatory Carry of a Firearm for anybody but a criminal , National Concealed Carry, Simple Background Check and Abolishment of most firearm laws.

Mandatory?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies