Gun Control - Opinions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Control - Opinions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Control - Opinions?  (Read 8489 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 02, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »

I think we need rational gun control, universal background checks, psychological testing, and training. No Automatic Rifles, some ban on Semis. Anyways, thoughts, comments, or just a "hello" would be great Cheesy
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

Hi. Thoughts on gun control?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »

I don't understand wanting to ban automatic weapons.  The very tiny number of legal ones are NEVER* used in crimes.

(unless you don't understand what "automatic weapons" means, which wouldn't be surprising as gun control fanatics don't ever seem to know their trigger from their "shoulder thing that goes up", but your OP does seems to understand the difference)

*well, once, 60 years ago, by a cop that went nuts if my memory is correct.

I don't claim to know a lot about guns, I have shot a few but I just want to be safe like the rest of us. That being said, wasn't the "Bushmaster M4" used in the Sandy Hook shooting, and the "Smith & Westin MP15" used in the Aurora shooting. Both were automated and if the shooter in this case was using a non-automated weapon then they would have had to reload faster and less lives would have been lost. I really want to be corrected here to further understand Guns and Gun violence. Thanks dead0 for this banter.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »

Another mass shooting. 4 deaths and counting.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:41:01 PM »

Guns still don't kill as many people as car accidents, cancer, obesity,etc.  I propose a 3-5 day waiting period and not allowing any convicting felons to ever own a gun.  Also, keep it illegal for those under 18 to own a firearm.

I agree mostly on your substance, but the idea that guns don't kill as many people as other things is pretty ridiculous. When we look at mass shootings we look at the amount of deaths vs. the possible amount and those wounded. Take the example of the Boston Marathon; only 3 people were killed. Then look at the many wounded and the intent of the bomber(s) to kill as many people as they could.

Listen, I consider myself a centrist on the gun control debate, but the argument that guns don't kill as many as car accidents is silly. We need to look at this as the intent not the number of killed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies