Gun Control - Opinions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:45:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Control - Opinions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Control - Opinions?  (Read 8522 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: February 25, 2016, 05:28:49 PM »

My Ideas

1. Expand background checks to include mental illness and close the gun show loophole.
2. Prevent domestic abusers and people on the no-fly list from buying guns.
3. Mandate increased training and screening for concealed carry applicants.
4. Ban assault rifles like the 1994 ban did.
5. Implement background checks for ammunition purchases.
6. Invest in smart gun technology.
7. Protect hunting and fishing rights while also implementing commonsense gun control.

1. Do no such thing.
2. They're going to buy a gun if they want to, no matter how many times you say "no".
3. Just another hurdle for law abiding citizens to jump.
4. So criminals can buy an assault rifle illegally, or from another country?
5. Why? So, people who have already passed a background check has to go through another to stock up on ammo for a hunting trip, or shooting range trip.
6. Please explain "smart gun technology."
7. You can't have both.

How could you possibly be against #3? If someone wants to walk around strapped, they should at least be trained to use it and not be any sort of (ex)violent criminal. I'm hesitant to mention parts of 2 others, but there are arguments to be had on both sides so I won't bother.

If you don't mind - What types of gun control policy do you support?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »

Because people who like guns are  going to learn how to use them, they don't need government to force them to do more training. (ex)Violent criminals are going to get the gun they want, because they break laws, that's how they become criminals.

I support compromise; in a perfect world, we wouldn't have gun control, but this isn't a perfect world, and we need to get along. I'd be willing to expand background checks if the left doesn't ban weapons.

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I don't support banning specific types of guns either (it won't stop, probably not even reduce mass shootings at all).

Banning guns seems like the Democratic party's version of the GOP's social issues. More ideological members of their parties want it bad despite the fact that pushing for it will only hurt them in elections and they probably won't get it anyway. I wish they'd just give it up already.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies