ARG Polling: Oct. '15 Presidential Election - General Election Preferences
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:16:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ARG Polling: Oct. '15 Presidential Election - General Election Preferences
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the presidential election was held today, in what order would you preference these candidates?
Clarence > Generic Labor > Lumine > Generic TPP

Clarence > Generic Labor > Generic TPP > Lumine

Clarence > Lumine > Generic Labor > Generic TPP

Clarence > Lumine > Generic TPP > Generic Labor

Clarence > Generic TPP > Generic Labor > Lumine

Clarence > Generic TPP > Lumine > Generic Labor

Generic Labor > Clarence > Lumine > Generic TPP

Generic Labor > Clarence > Generic TPP > Lumine

Generic Labor > Lumine > Clarence > Generic TPP

Generic Labor > Lumine > Generic TPP > Clarence

Generic Labor > Generic TPP > Clarence > Lumine

Generic Labor > Generic TPP > Lumine > Clarence

Lumine > Clarence > Generic Labor > Generic TPP

Lumine > Clarence > Generic TPP > Generic Labor

Lumine > Generic Labor > Clarence > Generic TPP

Lumine > Generic Labor > Generic TPP > Clarence

Lumine > Generic TPP > Clarence > Generic Labor

Lumine > Generic TPP > Generic Labor > Clarence

Generic TPP > Clarence > Generic Labor > Lumine

Generic TPP > Clarence > Lumine > Generic Labor

Generic TPP > Generic Labor > Clarence > Lumine

Generic TPP > Generic Labor > Lumine > Clarence

Generic TPP > Lumine > Clarence > Generic Labor

Generic TPP > Lumine > Generic Labor > Clarence

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: ARG Polling: Oct. '15 Presidential Election - General Election Preferences  (Read 534 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2015, 03:18:37 AM »

Hypothetical General Election polling. Clarence is the Federalist candidate as he's the only one announced, Lumine is the Civic Renewal candidate as he's the only one with an exploratory committee. No TPPer has taken either of those steps (Cincinnatus (TPP-NY), Duke (TPP-SC), and Simfan (TPP-CA) have all been proposed as potential candidates), and two Laborites have announced (Adam Griffin (Lab-GA) and Kalwejt (Lab-OH)), so they're represented by generic party placeholders in lieu of nominees.

Polling lasts for 5 days (i.e. it ends early morning Tuesday, September 8th).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:31:24 AM »

You see, this is the problem with Atlasia today. We play it too safe. Years ago, the hard line regionalists didn't want change because things were fine. Some didn't want the radical gay agenda because it made them uncomfortable. And now, we have people too afraid to make fun polls including lots of candidates because they didn't form exploratory committees.

Why do we all need committees? Who says any of us will run? And who cares if we don't. I know who won't run - someone named Generic TPP. It would be fun and interesting to poll all kinds of match ups. Joe Biden is included in polls. Where's his committee?

Right now Atlasia's seem to still only want to put the tip inside because they're too afraid to go any further even when Atlasia is begging for the whole thing, mushroom head and all, to be slammed inside it.

Enough with these boring polls. Make some fun ones. Don't embrace the culture of complacency that still seems alive and well in parts of this country.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »

Please stop doing them for 5 days where we can't see the results! Three days is plenty if you're not going to show the results. Or, you could do it for 5 but show the results.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »

You see, this is the problem with Atlasia today. We play it too safe. Years ago, the hard line regionalists didn't want change because things were fine. Some didn't want the radical gay agenda because it made them uncomfortable. And now, we have people too afraid to make fun polls including lots of candidates because they didn't form exploratory committees.

Why do we all need committees? Who says any of us will run? And who cares if we don't. I know who won't run - someone named Generic TPP. It would be fun and interesting to poll all kinds of match ups. Joe Biden is included in polls. Where's his committee?

Right now Atlasia's seem to still only want to put the tip inside because they're too afraid to go any further even when Atlasia is begging for the whole thing, mushroom head and all, to be slammed inside it.

Enough with these boring polls. Make some fun ones. Don't embrace the culture of complacency that still seems alive and well in parts of this country.

Well, if I had more than 4 candidates/boring placeholders in this poll, it would fill up the whole screen and more. 4 candidates/boring placeholders is 24 options--which is rather exhaustive to make in itself. If I upped it to 5 candidates, that would require 120 options. That's a big number.

I suppose I could include all the candidates and not have preferences, but that's rather useless--I mean, why include 10 candidates when only a few will run?

And the committee thing isn't out of snobbiness, it's simply to avoid making an idiotic poll. If I assume, say, Simfan will run, but it's actually Cincy, or yourself, the poll would be worthless. I can say Lumine will be the CR candidate because the only objective indicator--his public announcement that he's considering it--says he's likely to run. If it ends up that someone like Cris runs instead, or there is no CR candidate, or another Federalist runs, my poll is less accurate, but I can't predict stuff like that.

Please stop doing them for 5 days where we can't see the results! Three days is plenty if you're not going to show the results. Or, you could do it for 5 but show the results.

Okay, thanks for the feedback!

I was questioning whether to change that or not myself. I determined to do both things separately: 5 days would create a larger sample size, and not being able to see the results would theoretically make the results more accurate (to cut down on tactical voting)--although I can certainly see that combining those two things is frustrating.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »

Conditions are too grave right now for me to support a "generic" candidate based on party affiliation alone, so I will abstain here.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »

Who cares about preferences this early in the game? We need to see election matchups, not polls asking who we'll second and third this far out.

And I'm not trying to come after you, I just want to make this game better and these polls don't help matters. I doubt hardly anyone knows what their full ballot will look like 6 weeks from now.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »

Who cares about preferences this early in the game? We need to see election matchups, not polls asking who we'll second and third this far out.

And I'm not trying to come after you, I just want to make this game better and these polls don't help matters. I doubt hardly anyone knows what their full ballot will look like 6 weeks from now.

It's alright, and I suppose I agree with you in general. I just thought preference polling would make more sense than a list of 2-3 times the number of candidates in the real election, although I can see why perhaps I was wrong. Not the first time that's happened, and I doubt it will be the last.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »

I remember in the past the most participated in polls were those polling different matchups head to head. Those are exciting. The actual preferences won't really start to matter until much much closer to the election when we know the actual candidates.

Just my thoughts though!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 12:02:51 PM »

I remember in the past the most participated in polls were those polling different matchups head to head. Those are exciting. The actual preferences won't really start to matter until much much closer to the election when we know the actual candidates.

Just my thoughts though!

And thanks for your thoughts! I just randomly decided to start polling stuff, so other people's opinions give me a better idea of what to do and what not to do. Feedbacks helps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies