MN-2. Kline to retire. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:07:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-2. Kline to retire. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-2. Kline to retire.  (Read 5023 times)
OwlRhetoric

« on: August 05, 2016, 12:39:24 AM »

Thought this one deserves a bump because it might be competitive, and the primary is next week. Only the GOP has a competitive primary race, and I'm not sure how "competitive" it really is.

Jason Lewis won the CD-2 Republican endorsement at their district convention earlier this summer. He's a former talk radio guy being supported by Trump people and some rump libertarian/Cruz Republicans. However, Darlene Miller is being supported by Kline and what you'd probably call the local GOP establishment. Lots of my friends in CD2 are receiving slick mailers attacking Lewis over his support for the Iran deal and other things.

I still think Lewis will win, and go on to face DFL's Angie Craig in November. Wouldn't bet on it, though, since this primary is bound to be very sparsely attended.

Would be good to see some GE polling. Kline always won CD2 by pretty solid margins, but it could flip, especially if Trump gets beaten badly in southern Minnesota.
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »

If Lewis wins the primary, Craig has this race.

He did win, and I'd consider it more of a toss up, slight (D) edge, mainly because Craig is sitting on so much money. I know a lot of people in this district and go down there quite often. It's very much a purple district with some very conservative demographics. Overby the independent is running again too, and third parties routinely pull 2-5%, mostly from Democrats.

Hopefully we'll get a poll or two in the future to see how things are leaning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies