Trump embarrasses himself on Hugh Hewitt show
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump embarrasses himself on Hugh Hewitt show
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump embarrasses himself on Hugh Hewitt show  (Read 3971 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:01:48 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »

Chances this will affect Trump negatively in a significant manner?  0%.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »

Basically. He's pretty invincible right now. Trump could run over a pregnant lady in his car and his supporters would be like "Oh I'm sure she was a terrible wife."
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »

Basically. He's pretty invincible right now. Trump could run over a pregnant lady in his car and his supporters would be like "Oh I'm sure she was a terrible wife."

He may go up in the polls.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:25:35 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2015, 11:52:20 PM by Clash »

This will prove devastating to Trump's support in the 'listens to Hugh Hewitt' demographic. All twenty of them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:39 PM »

the only thing that will stop Trump is if he goes on a vicious attack against Ben Carson. That's about it.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 12:06:21 AM »

The only thing that will stop Trump is if he goes on a vicious attack against Ben Carson. That's about it.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 12:08:13 AM »

Actually, it's more likely that she was the ultimate loser.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 12:12:33 AM »

The only thing that will stop Trump is if he goes on a vicious attack against Ben Carson. That's about it.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 12:18:11 AM »

the only thing that will stop Trump is if he goes on a vicious attack against Ben Carson. That's about it.

Trump has already gone to war against Oreo cookies, so there's literally no chance that he would choose Carson as his running mate. In other words, he has nothing left to lose and could thus start attacking him if he'd wanted to.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 12:32:58 AM »

Hewitt is one of the moderators for the CNN debate and I think he may use the opportunity to do some damage to  Trump kind of like that brain freeze moment Cain had 4 years ago when asked about Libya
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 12:35:43 AM »

Hewitt is one of the moderators for the CNN debate and I think he may use the opportunity to do some damage to  Trump kind of like that brain freeze moment Cain had 4 years ago when asked about Libya

Or Uzbeki-beki-bekistan. Was that the same interview perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmkvtfEEFT0
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:58 AM »

Of course Trump doesn't know anything about this stuff. To be honest, I'm sure a good chunk of the people running for the Republican nomination don't know any of this information.

The thing is that the vast majority of voters don't know anything about these people and things either, so they won't hold it against Trump for not knowing about it. He's an "everyman" (who just happens to be a billionaire), that's his whole appeal.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 06:07:14 AM »

This answer will not be seen as an "embarrassment" to the average GOP voter.
weixiaobao
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2015, 08:30:41 AM by weixiaobao »

To be fair, the guy was a citizen for the most part and just recently a presidential candidate.

How many effing terrorist groups are out now?  How many people even know Boko Haram swear allegiance to ISIS, which meant freaking ISIS is in Nigeria?  And that ISIS even infiltrating Malaysia?  And or the 300 chinese that joined ISIS are among the Xinjang separatist movement (that Tibet seemed like old news)?  And that this group "may" be responsible for the recent Thailand bombing?

Even more complicate is the movement of China and Russia recently.  In South China Sea, who is neutral to who, and who is against who?  Why is Vietnam, a communist country, is among the loudest opposing to China?  Why is Cambodia who had historical tie to Vietnam for a long time would cockblock Vietnam/Philippines on South China Sea?  Where is Malaysia/Indonesia's stance (not what they saying but their action) on this?  And why is Thailand, very friendly to the USA, is drifting toward China in recent years?  

All these things.  If you think all the connections of Game of Thrones is bad, and these foreign policies entanglement are even worst.  To be honest, I think I know more about this upcoming foreign policy disaster know as South China Sea more than 90% of the presidential candidate running.  And most of this is shaping by  Obama's pivot to Asia (which also Putin, Xi, Abe, Modi's Act East).  Make no mistake, China will and perhaps already is a bigger foreign policy threat than the Middle East.

When China crack down on its Muslim population, jailing people for growing a beard.  Iran didn't say jack.  Pakistan didn't say jack.  Pakistan even hunt down those escape terrorists for China.  That speak volume about the tie of China to the Middle East.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »

He may go up in the polls.

Sadly, I could see all of this happening.
weixiaobao
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »

Sadly, I could see all of this happening.

This is not a "reason" for him to go up on poll.  If he going up on poll, it is the fall out of the immigration plan.  He was actually bleeding after the debate.  He actually going down on the polls.  But people didn't notice it because it was slow and brief (with Rasmussen poll a HUGE outlier for having bleeding a lot more than other polls).  But right after his immigration plan published, he pivot himself above this 25% barrier in almost all of the polls.  Hence, when I see those 25% ceiling article and comments, I thought they were so out of date.  I would say his real support is somewhere between 30% to below 35%.

If anything, it may not cause him any damage.  But if this bleed Trump, it will only do so until Trump pull another stunt and then pivot up the poll again.

Trump had shown he can deal with Perry's weakness of debate, Cain's weakness of scandal/foreign policy, and Gingrich's massive attack ads.  However, there are way way way too many debates still.  People will get tired if he put out sub par performance like the first debate.  And Trump is not known for playing defensive and let the media put out any narrative that they want.

I think Trump completely won me over.  I am a freaking liberal, who a year ago think Trump as a total dickhead idiot.  Still resent him over his birther thing (Obama's dealing with it is quite brilliant).  Trump's criticism on immigration is dead on, though one can argue on how effective his plans are.  But as other candidates continue to distract from the issue like Walker's Canada, Bush's Asian, and now Paul's native Americans, it only make Trump stand out more.

If Clinton somehow fell on her sword, and Biden doesn't run, then I will vote Trump (only if he continue to outmaneuver the rest of the republican field).  I pitied everyone who have to be the President of the USA, one of the most thankless job ever.
weixiaobao
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2015, 09:16:09 AM by weixiaobao »

What even more silly is those that criticize Trump while 99% of them don't know any foreign policies.  The whole China issue had shaping up to increasingly be one of the most dangerous threat to the USA.  While that just recently being bring up to the USA media just this year.  For the past decade, headlines after headlines causing panics in Asia.  What is funny is that the USA administration is well aware of this hence the PIVOT to Asia (is it effective or harmful that is up to debate), while the public especially the conservatives whine about Obama's vacations.  Yeah, vacations?  lol, Prime Minister Abe and Modi both hit either all or almost all South East Asia countries and each other + Australia as soon as they step into office or get reelected.

A few years ago, when people still sorting out the middle East.  China had already maneuver their army across India's border for a full day before the Indians even realize and react.  Japan and China almost at brink of war over the Sengaku islands.  Then later the oil rig into Vietnam's backyard and spun the anti Chinese riot where couple of people were killed.  And when I brought this up to my professor, her face look blank.  And I said, this is the problem with the USA.

They didn't know jack when we bombed Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War ages ago.  Even when we are discussing Syria and Libya, a friend of mine said Yemen is going down.

There are complex things been brewing in Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco.

I told my professor if there is somehow a minor clash between the USA and China (a few years ago) over say a deep intrusion into Japanese territory to Taiwan to the Philippines, people will be shocked and don't understand why it is happening now while the rest of the world watching this unfold for years now.  Likewise with Libya and Syria.  And maybe the next year, we go into Yemen.  And the American populace will be shock again as if the situation just pop up and sucker punch them out of nowhere.

Laughing at Trump over foreign policies???  90% of the candidates are like that and almost all American citizens are like that?  Trump is truly our representative.
yankeesfan
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »

What even more silly is those that criticize Trump while 99% of them don't know any foreign policies.  The whole China issue had shaping up to increasingly be one of the most dangerous threat to the USA.  While that just recently being bring up to the USA media just this year.  For the past decade, headlines after headlines causing panics in Asia.  What is funny is that the USA administration is well aware of this hence the PIVOT to Asia (is it effective or harmful that is up to debate), while the public especially the conservatives whine about Obama's vacations.  Yeah, vacations?  lol, Prime Minister Abe and Modi both hit either all or almost all South East Asia countries and each other + Australia as soon as they step into office or get reelected.

A few years ago, when people still sorting out the middle East.  China had already maneuver their army across India's border for a full day before the Indians even realize and react.  Japan and China almost at brink of war over the Sengaku islands.  Then later the oil rig into Vietnam's backyard and spun the anti Chinese riot where couple of people were killed.  And when I brought this up to my professor, her face look blank.  And I said, this is the problem with the USA.

They didn't know jack when we bombed Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War ages ago.  Even when we are discussing Syria and Libya, a friend of mine said Yemen is going down.

There are complex things been brewing in Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco.

I told my professor if there is somehow a minor clash between the USA and China (a few years ago) over say a deep intrusion into Japanese territory to Taiwan to the Philippines, people will be shocked and don't understand why it is happening now while the rest of the world watching this unfold for years now.  Likewise with Libya and Syria.  And maybe the next year, we go into Yemen.  And the American populace will be shock again as if the situation just pop up and sucker punch them out of nowhere.

Laughing at Trump over foreign policies???  90% of the candidates are like that and almost all American citizens are like that?  Trump is truly our representative.

Trump knows nothing about China.
Trump knows nothing about the Middle East.

Yes, 99% of the people criticizing Trump about his foreign policy ignorance also know nothing about foreign policy.  However, there is a difference between 99.99999% of people and Donald Trump.  They're not running for President of the United States.
weixiaobao
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »

Yes, 99% of the people criticizing Trump about his foreign policy ignorance also know nothing about foreign policy.  However, there is a difference between 99.99999% of people and Donald Trump.  They're not running for President of the United States.

But that is the f*******, bunch of people who are irresponsible and just blame it on whoever.  They need to know, they are the voters.  People don't know jack.  Big mouth and loud mouth, and pouting opinions, and placing blame, and never own up to their own ignorance.  And they are the voters.

And didn't you know how to read.  I gonna increase the 90%, to 95% of the field this year, don't know jack about foreign policy.

Placing the blame all you want.  It is start with personal responsibility.

And you think that your comment is original and that point had not been made like a hundred times already??
weixiaobao
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

Do you people think Sanders know about the intricate of South China Sea?

Do you people think Walker know the complicate tie between USA and Taiwan/Japan/South Korea/Philippines and kinda Thailand?

Do you people think Rand Paul/Ted Cruz know about the roles of Cambodia in South China Sea?

Do you people think Carson/Huckabee/Santorum know what countries ISIS has influence and presence in?

Do you people think Jeb Bush know the actual motives of Malaysia and Indonesia over these border dispute outside of these "let talk about it and resolve things diplomatically" ?

Do you people think Rubio know about Australia, Japan, and India are kinda moving closer together in recent years over China?

Do you people think Christie or Kasich know how Brazil or Vietnam is affected over China's currency devaluation?  And that China want Brazil to help them with jungle warfare.  What possible countries do china ever think to go to war with that jungle warfare is relevant?

Do you think Perry/Jindal know about about the different factions that arise in Egypt?

Even Fiorina, I give her some credits, in her recent interview.  But all that she said can be sum up from about 10 headline articles in the past year.  Not even the content of those articles, just the headlines of those articles.  Like in the debate, she sound like she know what she talking about except the guy she mentioned is couple of months dead to be relevant.  I really don't know how much depth does she actually have foreign policy.  But she know how to speak flowery and intelligently over very little foreign policy information. 

Clinton, Biden, and Graham probably the only candidates with ACTUAL depths on foreign policies and could give 5 hours speech detailing various USA foreign policies.  Of the 3, Graham just want to like expand wars to couple multiple countries.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2015, 10:38:20 AM by Simfan34 »

How important for American foreign policy aims is it that Jeb Bush be informed about the root causes of the Konfrontasi and a border dispute on Kalimantan? Do you think Hillary could explain that? Isn't that what the State Department is for? It's one thing to be an ignoramus like Trump, unknowing of major events and groups abroad, but another to not know of the minutiae of ultra low-level disputes unrelated to the United States.

I don't see the point of asking candidates to contrast the development polices of Sarit Dhanarajata and Norodom Sihanouk and their effects on their countries' subsequent histories. You can ask me those sorts of things-- I enjoy talking about the minutiae of Southeast Asia-- but I'm not running for President.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »

How important for American foreign policy aims is it that Jeb Bush be informed about the root causes of the Konfrontasi and a border dispute on Kalimantan? Do you think Hillary could explain that? Isn't that what the State Department is for? It's one thing to be an ignoramus like Trump, unknowing of major events and groups abroad, but another to not know of the minutiae of ultra low-level disputes unrelated to the United States.

I don't see the point of asking candidates to contrast the development polices of Sarit Dhanarajata and Norodom Sihanouk and their effects on their countries' subsequent histories. You can ask me those sorts of things-- I enjoy talking about the minutiae of Southeast Asia-- but I'm not running for President.

Carly Fiorina has been briefed on these issues, she understood the questions. If Donald Trump is unwilling to do his homework before obtaining the job of President, how can we trust him to do his homework as President? The fact is, Mr. Trump doesn't understand foreign policy or the economy, and that's a problem.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »

You're telling me I could expect Carly Fiorina to give me a coherent answer on either the Malaysian-Indonesian border dispute or the comparative economic policies of Sarit Dhanarajata and Norodom Sihanouk?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies