Northeasterners For A United Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:03:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeasterners For A United Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Northeasterners For A United Atlasia  (Read 3928 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »
« edited: October 15, 2015, 07:01:49 PM by ピカチュウ »

With a vote likely coming, and considering recent discussion, this is a group for all Northeasterners (and Atlasians) who wish to see the Northeast in Atlasia, in some form or another, to organize together. I hope for this to become more concrete and detailed over the next few weeks.

Members:

Northeasterners

Gov. pikachu
Sen. rpryor03
Sen. Altsomn Stmarken
Assm. Superman
Assm. RGN
SoHA Blair2015
Fmr. Gov. Winfield
Enduro

Supporters From Outside the Northeast

Sen. Cris
Sen. Harry S Truman
Sen. NC Yankee
Pac. Gov. Simfan34
Pac. Spe. Classic Conservative
ME Gov. VPH
ME Assm. NeverAgain
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »

x Classic Conservative
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:28 AM »

As your Northeast Senator, I wholeheartedly endorse this.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »

x ClarkKent
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:33:18 AM »

x At-Large Senator Altsomn Stmarken
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »

X Mideast Assemblyman VPH
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »

> northeasterners for a united atlasia

Tongue
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »

With a vote likely coming, and considering recent discussion, this is a group for all Northeasterners (and Atlasians) who wish to see the Northeast in Atlasia, in some form or another, to organize together. I hope for this to become more concrete and detailed over the next few weeks.
My 4 region plan preserves the Northeast. I ask you all to please go vote for it!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »

Please read what the Governor said its open to all Atlasians.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »

Just to reiterate, all Atlasians are welcome to join.

I'm excited to see the enthusiasm for this, and I'd like to start ofd on a positive note. At the moment, I think the Northeast is a good model for what Atlasia can strive to be in the future. We have an active government, competitive elections, and players who are still enthusiastic about this game. We've led the way in electoral reform (Competitve Elections Amendment), and several Northeasterners in federal postions like the President, VP, an at-large Senator, and a Supreme Court justice not to mention several prominent Northeasterners who have recently retired. I do think, as part Atlasia, Northeasterners have shown an ability to keep Atlasia interesting on a regional and federal level, and I hope that we can comtinue to do so, together.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »

Governor, I often like playing devil's advocate, so I'll do so here: if a referendum is held, and the vote is in favor of independence, what course of action would you take? And if the answer is to oppose it, or block it, why do the people (in my opinion where legitimate power is derived) not have the right to choose which government (federal vs. regional) should be in charge?

It's another question whether it is legal or not, or whether it's the best course of action or not, but the question of whether the people have the inherent right to secede or not might be the most important to answer. Hopefully we can make strides in answering all 3 of these questions before the vote happens, as it now will due to the 3-1-1 passing of the bill.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 08:52:28 AM »

x RGN.

Not independence, but more control and powers.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 09:15:27 AM »

x Former Speaker and Senator Blair
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »

As I've always said Independence is a completely barmy option for the Northeast-whether it was 6 months ago or now. I'd even argue this is just Clyde fetishization of last years' scottish referendum and wanting to play out a campaign on here, I mean that with absolutely no disrespect towards him but it seems like we're doing this just because there's nothing left to do.

We need to think as a collective what this is going to do to the game-yes it's a game. I don't understand how you could have a different nation on the same board, using the same election board and the same regional board. There's no precedent for doing this-it's not simply merging a region or changing names-it's completely destroying nearly 10 years of stability and well relatively good progress.

I've yet to see anything other than vague generalities, and the want to 'do something' in the arguments from the yes to Independence campaign. We're going to create an independent country with what how many voters-about 20-30. Any drop of activity could see a President being elected by a handful of players.

I'm not going to stand here and say 'muh democracy' and let the referendum vote happen. It would be a dereliction of duty as a citizen of the Northeast, and a former assemblyman and senator. Atlasia needs a lot of changes, but throwing the Northeast to the dogs simply to control our own taxes is ridiculous-surely then more powerful states like New York would be free to leave since, and considering I'm the only citizen IIRC then I could vote to leave the Northeast

x Former Speaker, Senator and Assembly member Blair
pikachu
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »

Governor, I often like playing devil's advocate, so I'll do so here: if a referendum is held, and the vote is in favor of independence, what course of action would you take? And if the answer is to oppose it, or block it, why do the people (in my opinion where legitimate power is derived) not have the right to choose which government (federal vs. regional) should be in charge?

It's another question whether it is legal or not, or whether it's the best course of action or not, but the question of whether the people have the inherent right to secede or not might be the most important to answer. Hopefully we can make strides in answering all 3 of these questions before the vote happens, as it now will due to the 3-1-1 passing of the bill.

I'm going to be frank in that I don't have much interest in leading an independent Northeast and all the legal issues that'd come along with it. Luckily, the governor's election is around that time, so someone else will be able to take my place soon after. I assume if we get a yes vote, a pro-independence government will be elected, and they'll deal with whatever comes with the result.

(Abd because of big change coming up irl, I'm not sure if I'm running for reelection anyway.)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 03:00:44 PM »

I'd even argue this is just Clyde fetishization of last years' Scottish referendum and wanting to play out a campaign on here

pikachu
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »

I've just signed the referendum bill, but I do it with the belief that we can win this campaign. We have the backing of almost every elected regional officer. We have the support of several prominent and active Atlasians. We have some of the most effective campaigners in the game. I strongly think that we'll win this vote, and that we in the Northeast will help lead Atlasia on its path to a better future and a better game.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »

x Senate Speaker Cris
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »

X Former Northeast Governor Winfield
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 07:00:22 PM »

X Senator Harry S Truman
pikachu
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »

I'd like to commend Assemblyman Clyde on his paper. I did a quick scan through, and I plan on making a more substantial critique later, but I'd first like to talk about the Northeast's representation in the federal government. First, here's a list of Northeasterners currently occupying federal positions:

President bore
Vice President Cincinnatus
SoFE homleycooking
Supreme Court Justice oakvale
Senator rpryor
Senator Altsomn Stmarken
AG-designate Blair

In my opinion, that's a fairly substantial list, and at this point, almost the entire executive branch of the federal government is occupied by Northeasterners.

If we go back through the last few months, we see even more prominent positions filled by players from the NE:

Former Senator Polnut, who by the time of his retirement was the Dean of the Senate
Former Senator Blair, who was the Speaker of the Senate before he took his hiatus
Former GM dkrol, who has run several active campaigns for federal office

Currently, I'd argue that the Northeast is very well represented in Nyman, and that we do tend to get the governments that we want. Most importantly, we tend to have ambitious players who advance up in the government and play a variety of different roles with sustained activity.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »

X Enduro
pikachu
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »

So, it looks like we have a somewhat concrete referendum amendment date. Though conditions have gotten more adverse over the last few weeks, I believe that we still hold the upper hand in winning this vote, and keeping Atlasia together. For all of its great identity and uniqueness, the Northeast is not Scotland. It is not Quebec. It is not Catolonia. We were where the first colonizers of the land formerly known as America landed. We speak the same language as our brothers to the South and to the West. We benefit from being part of the greatest economy on the Earth. The strongest sectors of our economy are dependent and deeply interconnected to Atlasia. We are currently playing an important role in the ConCon, with 8 of the 25 delegates hailing from the Northeast, with our region being overrepresented in one of the most important events in Atlasia history. Our place and influence in Atlasia is strong at this moment, and to me, leaving would be a grand mistake.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

We were where the first colonizers of the land formerly known as America landed.

not quite Tongue
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »

xNeverAgain
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies