The Nagas Report: TYRANNY IN THE PACIFIC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nagas Report: TYRANNY IN THE PACIFIC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Nagas Report: TYRANNY IN THE PACIFIC  (Read 1269 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »
« edited: October 25, 2015, 11:37:10 PM by Negusa Nagast »

Good evening ladies(?) and gentlemen, and welcome to the inaugural BREAKING NEWS STORY from the Nagas Report!

We've received a message from an anonymous insider from the Pikachu campaign on his current personal message barrage, in an attempt to save his flagging candidacy. In messages sent directly to the voters, HE HIMSELF has admitted he will not be an independent voice in the Senate!

Read this SHOCKING excerpt below:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's right folks, straight from the horse's mouth! Not is he willing to cast himself as an independent voice, he plans to continue the status quo! In a time of tumultuous change and turmoil and a lethargic convention, we need a voice in the Senate who is willing to speak for himself. Someone who is willing to take charge, and has the high energy to lead us into the future.

There is only one choice for the special Senate election, and that choice is Talleyrand.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »

Not surprising!!! Governor Pikachu's a nice guy, but he doesn't have what it takes!!! He is a party hack to boot propped up by fascists such as Classical Conservative!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »

What Pikachu actually said:

I'm still a somewhat new player, so I'm not affected by the numerous old feuds that seem to constantly take Atlasia by storm.

It appears that the opposition, not content to twist and manipulate the facts, has now stooped so low as to straight-up lie to the Atlasian people. I suppose, however, we should be congratulating them for their untruthfulness, for if this was a quote from a real PM that Pikachu had sent, as opposed to a mangling of his announcement speech, they would be guilty of violating forum policy!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 04:34:19 PM »

Not surprising!!! Governor Pikachu's a nice guy, but he doesn't have what it takes!!! He is a party hack to boot propped up by fascists such as Classical Conservative!

Seriously, let's have some civility here guys.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »

Rich coming from someone who's in bed with an individual who has called me an "asshole, buffoon" and told me to "shut the f*** up". Typical hypocrisy from an establishment fascist!!!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »

The Pikachu campaign is lying through their teeth to cover up this debilitating gaffe, and are now attempting to subject the Nagas Report to censorship! This is blatant corruption on the part of the declining pikachu campaign.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »

Rich coming from someone who's in bed with an individual who has called me an "asshole, buffoon" and told me to "shut the f*** up". Typical hypocrisy from an establishment fascist!!!

The label of fascist is one you have no right to use on Classic Conservative or myself. In terms of idealology I am a Conservatarian/PaleoConservative/PaleoLibertarian/Classical Liberal.

Whatever disrespectful pejoratives he may have said towards you he'll answer to God for that. The reason we are losing active players is this crass and disrespectful tone among the players and it has to stop. I have absolutely no problem calling conservatives out like I've done with those on the left. I'm disappointed you didn't address my questions in the meeting that was considering wether or not you would remain a member of the Federalist Party.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »

The label of fascist is one you have no right to use on Classic Conservative or myself. In terms of idealology I am a Conservatarian/PaleoConservative/PaleoLibertarian/Classical Liberal.

Whatever disrespectful pejoratives he may have said towards you he'll answer to God for that. The reason we are losing active players is this crass and disrespectful tone among the players and it has to stop. I have absolutely no problem calling conservatives out like I've done with those on the left. I'm disappointed you didn't address my questions in the meeting that was considering wether or not you would remain a member of the Federalist Party.

Those are literally synonyms for fascist.

Of course, this is all rich coming from a raging theocrat who wants to trample all over our beloved institutions.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »

Whatever disrespectful pejoratives he may have said towards you he'll answer to God for that. The reason we are losing active players is this crass and disrespectful tone among the players and it has to stop.

bullshıt. atlasia has had its fair share of vitriol forever, it's not some kind of new phenomenon.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2015, 02:27:40 AM by Türkisblau »

EDITORIAL: THE LEADERSHIP VOID
by Henry W. Türkisblau

For months, our great nation, Atlasia, has seen a remarkable drop-off in activity, and with our political leaders emigrating off forum to Atlas After Dark or to South America, a void of leadership has emerged in their place. At a time when South America needs real, experienced leaders we have seen those men be challenged by the forces of the status quo and relegated to being voices in the background. At this harrowing time, we patriotic Atlasians must rally to the side of sensibility, experience, and action.

The special Senate race that we have become embroiled in is a symbol of this dynamic. We are seeing a former Senate Speaker, experienced Governor of the Northeast, and respected statesman Talleyrand being challenged by a man who has zero accomplishments under his belt, only having blithely ruled the Northeast for a number of months and proposing nonsense and useless legislation in that region's assembly. The cult that has propelled one of the weakest candidates for the Senate in Atlasian history is composed of Federalists content with the slow pace and "leadership" of 95 year old Senator North Carolina Yankee as well as his cronies' poorly run Constitutional Convention.

The dirty tactics used by the ineffective machine politicians who hold the power in our country today symbolizes their lack of leadership -- in order to maintain power, they don't have to release any policy papers as Talleyrand has done, and they especially don't have to have experience. Classic Conservative, a theocrat who has been embroiled in gay rumors as of late, has become the so-called "enforcer" of the Federalists, having PMed several users urging them to change their votes for Talleyrand after the fact. Obviously having threatened RFayette, he switched his vote a minute before the deadline over to Pikachu.

What every patriotic Atlasian should be doing is spiting those who want the sorry state of our game to stay in place. We must recognize the fact that the radical vision of Talleyrand, and his energetic campaign contributes so much more to Atlasia than Pikachu ever could. Not only does he have the vision, but he has the experience to implement and change the institutions of our game to, dare I say it, Make Atlasia Great Again.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »

Of course, this is all rich coming from a raging theocrat who wants to trample all over our beloved institutions.

You are aware folks like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, the Mullahs, and such would despise me and wanna kill me just like they would you. So your fascist comments don't work or apply.

The raging theocrat line completely lacks merit because while I believe the church should have influence in society,the government needs to stay out of theological matters. There should be a degree of separation.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »

You are aware folks like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, the Mullahs, and such would despise me and wanna kill me just like they would you. So your fascist comments don't work or apply.
a) only one of those is a fascist
b) that doesn't follow. fascists have killed plenty of other fascists (e.g. night of the long knives)

you definitely don't believe that religion needs to stay out of governmental matters, though…
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »

a) only one of those is a fascist
b) that doesn't follow. fascists have killed plenty of other fascists (e.g. night of the long knives)

you definitely don't believe that religion needs to stay out of governmental matters, though…

Depending on what the government is considering.

pikachu
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 07:07:57 PM »

My shi*ty proofreading strikes again Tongue But, hey, if you truly believe that Talley is a fresh voice you want in the Senate, go vote for him. Also, it's nice to see players who've left or gone inactive come back and campaign for him. More activity's always a good thing (even if seem to be exclusively devoted to attacking me). 
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 02:40:57 AM »

What Pikachu actually said:

I'm still a somewhat new player, so I'm not affected by the numerous old feuds that seem to constantly take Atlasia by storm.

It appears that the opposition, not content to twist and manipulate the facts, has now stooped so low as to straight-up lie to the Atlasian people. I suppose, however, we should be congratulating them for their untruthfulness, for if this was a quote from a real PM that Pikachu had sent, as opposed to a mangling of his announcement speech, they would be guilty of violating forum policy!

It's standard operating procedure for that crowd going back two years.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2015, 04:21:23 PM by Negusa Nagast »

Tuesday, October 14 - TALLEYRAND OVERCOMES ADVERSITY, ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES GOVERNOR PIKACHU

Houston, TX - Insurgent candidate Talleyrand, pictured above at his victory rally, managed to shake the political foundations of Atlasia to its core, defeating establishment favorite Governor Pikachu. Talleyrand ran a high-energy campaign while facing baseless personal attacks and distractions wrought by members of the corrupt establishment, attempted electoral fraud (more on that below), manufactured polls (more below), and a failed attempt to oust him from the Federalists by a radial faction within the party. We are at the Nagas Report are sure he will continue to make waves in the Senate, and lead the country to great wins during his term.

It was revealed during the election weekend that scandal-ridden Pacific Speaker Classic Conservative aggressively bullied upstanding citizens who supported Talleyrand to invalidate their votes by switching over the window. In addition to these startling revelations, CC attempted to have legitimate votes for Talleyrand thrown out of the count, including the Report's own editor in chief: Negusa Nagast. This is the latest in a string of scandals for the speaker, whose favorables continue to sink further and further underwater with racial minorities, women, and religious minorities. He also stands accused of being tone deaf to the economic needs of the Pacific; attempting to pass frivolous legislation and restricting minority rights instead of the pressing economic recession which wracks the region. The speaker faces calls from across the political spectrum to immediately resign.

MID-EAST RECORD COURIER CREDIBILITY UNDER FIRE

Long considered a stable of Atlasian News, the Mideast Record Courier suffered multiple blows to its credibility over the weekend. It's polling missed the actual results by double digits and misidentified the winner of the recent Senate race, leading many to suggest that the poll was intentionally fabricated to suppress Talleyrand-leaning turnout. The Courier has yet to respond.

In addition to these disturbing allegations, the Courier attempt to slander our own Report during the election. The editor in chief of the courier, Harry S Truman, falsely accused the Report of lying to the Atlasian people. The remarks in question centered over a gaffe committed by Governor pikachu, which he publicly admitted to making live on air here at the Report. We await an apology and are considering legal action.

It seems the only credible voices left in Atlasian news are Atlasia's Newsroom and the Report, although we hope the Courier can regain its stride.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »

Yes, the Courier had a DISASTROUS week, although they (are hopefully) on the mend as they have published some excellent articles since the election has ended. I do hope they'll be fixing their polling methodology though; statistics show it may have cost my campaign 5% of the vote!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »

statistics show it may have cost my campaign 5% of the vote!
Statistics show people will believe anything you tell them if you start off by saying, "statistics show."

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 11:49:20 PM by Negusa Nagast »

BREAKING NEWS: TYRANNY IN THE PACIFIC?

Governor Simfan, seemingly not content of purging the Pacific of any meaningful opposition (through voter intimidation, voter suppression, and the curtailing of minority, women's, and religious rights), has unlawfully and unjustly enacted a state of martial law. After enacting the slew of illegal measures, he has allegedly fled the country. The Nagas Report consulted several members of the census bureau, and they all unanimously agreed that if his departure is accurate, then the Pacific region has a 100% Caucasian make up for the first time in its history.

The theocrats have gotten their wishes people! Not content to have stripped away liberties and run the economy into the ground by failing to even have a legislature in the first place, they have created an army of homogenous zombies seemingly only content to elect the most theocratic and authoritarian leaders in the country.

The Pacific Dream is dead!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies