Some Republican candidates coming out to support Kim Davis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:10:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Some Republican candidates coming out to support Kim Davis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Some Republican candidates coming out to support Kim Davis  (Read 4474 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2015, 11:32:10 AM by ElectionsGuy »

Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, Bobby Jindal, and (likely) Ted Cruz support her actions

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Christie, Graham, and Fiorina have come out against. And ugh at Rand Paul, it really lowers my opinion of him.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »

Rand took the right side on this one. Add Trump with the folks who aren't backing her.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 01:49:19 PM »

Thank God people are actually standing for this woman.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »

The issue is not Kim Davis. The issue is which candidates will enforce the law.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Presidential_candidates_on_homosexuality
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »

Today I learned that Fox News is pro-homosexual
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »

I know it's a tired tired tired tired cliche but would these same people back someone if they disallowed interracial marriage? Can't we stop pretending this is people being opposed to the Supreme Court 'legislating' from the bench, and stop pretending this is about religious freedom. It's about the GOP not being able to accept that America, and countries ranging from Brazil to Ireland have accepted that gay marriage is now the norm
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »

I, for one, have no idea how this issue is going to play out.
If any Republican who isn't conservative enough for the right wing is nominated, I think that the majority of right wing voters will support a more so called "moderate" (like Bush) over any Democrat. But someone like Bush (who I am thinking may not get the nomination anyway) will have a tough time unifying his party on the issue and may try to talk about other issues instead.

I don't think that this issue by itself will kill a Republican's chance to win the g.e. but it is an issue that won't go away. Republicans made it a big deal during the 90s with DOMA which Bill Clinton signed. My, how things have changed.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well he's not wrong. The U.S. has a long history of practicing discrimination. It's too bad that he, like any supporters of this rediculous clown, are choosing to be on the wrong side of history. I'm overjoyed that she's in jail where she belongs. As for Huckabee and the others, they should join her.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 03:16:57 PM »

If they came out, they'd probably be opposing Kim Davis.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »

That site makes me nostalgic for 2007.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »

Gross.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »

If they came out, they'd probably be opposing Kim Davis.

lol
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »

I predict here and now that Kim Davis will be a featured speaker at the GOP National Convention.  She's an elected Democrat, so she'll represent the last squeezing of the grapes from the vine of  the "I didn't leave the Democratic Party!  They left me!" tree.  (Just about all of these folks are either dead, or became Republicans on or before 2010.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

I predict here and now that Kim Davis will be a featured speaker at the GOP National Convention.  She's an elected Democrat, so she'll represent the last squeezing of the grapes from the vine of  the "I didn't leave the Democratic Party!  They left me!" tree.  (Just about all of these folks are either dead, or became Republicans on or before 2010.)

I am quite confident your prediction will be wrong. That would be the celebration of a law breaker.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »

I predict here and now that Kim Davis will be a featured speaker at the GOP National Convention.  She's an elected Democrat, so she'll represent the last squeezing of the grapes from the vine of  the "I didn't leave the Democratic Party!  They left me!" tree.  (Just about all of these folks are either dead, or became Republicans on or before 2010.)

I am quite confident your prediction will be wrong. That would be the celebration of a law breaker.
Well, unfortunately, many Republicans don't seem to consider that problematic... Especially the socially conservative loudmouths.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 06:10:13 PM »

Thank God people are actually standing for this woman.
Only a Democrat would (1) break the law, (2) break the law, (3) expect to get paid, (4) get thrown in jail while arguing for bigger government that is outlawed, (5) claim to be for bigger government on God's authority, and (6) be defended by our extreme Republicans - excuse me, "Conservative, American heroes".
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 12:20:26 AM »

The GOP seemed quite happy supporting Cliven Bundy in his lawbreaking...
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 01:48:49 AM »

Isn't Kim Davis a registered Democrat?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »

There are serious conflicting principles here.  On the one hand, there is the principle that SCOTUS Justices should base their decisions on what the Constitution says, not what social policy should be if they were legislators.  The other principle is that of the Rule of Law, which separates us from any number of Failed States.  This principle being operative depends on the orders of Courts being obeyed.

Kim Davis should have quit as clerk if she could not have obeyed a lawful Court order out of conscience.  That she has chosen the path she has is a negative from several perspectives:

1.  From a legal point of view, if her actions are allowed to stand, it will allow all sorts of "religious exemptions" to stand, including, IMO, the excusing of Muslim elected officials from lawful public duties due to conflicts with Sharia Law.

2.  From a practical point of view, her actions, if allowed to stand, will encourage disregarding Court orders for all sorts of reasons.  Tax resisters, child support deadbeats, spouses in violation of custody and visitation orders, folks engaging in unfair labor practices and REAL discrimination (not the faux "discrimination" claimed by this issue) will be encouraged in their defiance of lawful court orders.  To say nothing of how large corporate interests with deep pockets will react to this in their response to judgments and orders against them.

3.  From a Christian point of view, I see what Kim Davis has done as an immature response, probably carried out after the "boosting" of other immature Christians with politicized motives who can't separate the two.  The response to her has brought focus on her multiple marriages, divorces, and childbearing out of wedlock, and blurred the focus on the forgiveness of all sin from God which comes with Salvation.  It also puts Christians in the light of being irresponsible law-breakers, which very few are.  It will bring down unnecessary persecution of other Christians, while making her a celebrity, which will have benefits for her, but not for the earnest spreading of the Gospel.  The last thing Christendom needs is one more "martyr" in the Huckabee tradition, when there are so many real martyrs around the world who, truly, "love not their lives, even unto death".  If I want to see real persecuted Christians, I will need to travel to China, Iraq, or Sudan, to name a few places; there, people suffer horribly, and without celebrity status.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »

She's an HP, but she doesn't deserve jail.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »

Yes she does; she broke the law.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »

She is an elected official who is refusing to do her duty as required by the law. Dereliction of duty is grounds for jail time, period. She isn't in jail because of her beliefs.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

Mike Huckabee is a blowhard and wants to believe this country is a theocracy.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »

Isn't Kim Davis a registered Democrat?

She's a Kentucky Democrat though. I'm guessing that she's a holdout from back in the day.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »

Yes she does; she broke the law.

I can see why you would support Trump, but does even he support locking up all illegal immigrants?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies