Have you ever planned to go to a place that later got destroyed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Have you ever planned to go to a place that later got destroyed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever planned to go to a place that later got destroyed or otherwise made unvisitable?
Yes, and I dont regret it

Yes, and I regret not going

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Have you ever planned to go to a place that later got destroyed  (Read 498 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:30:33 AM »

I had planned to go to Syria with a friend in 2006, and everything was arranged, but I never went because a relative got ill and somehow never got round to doing it again. Now most of the cultural and architectural heritage is gone - and the country will be in shambles for decades even if the war ends. I deeply regret never going there. Have you ever planned to visit a place that later was either torn down, demolished etc. or a country ruined by war, natural disaster or any other reason?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 04:44:20 AM »

I was in New Orleans (and the rest of the Gulf Coast that got hit) a week and a half before Katrina, but no, not the planned, didn't go, place blew up situation.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:07:12 AM »

Nope, but I planned to go to Jordan multiple times, even got my vaccinations, just to stay in Israel every time eventually. I hope Jordan won't a similar story in the future - of course that's not likely, but you never know, it's the Middle East after all...
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »

I was in New Orleans (and the rest of the Gulf Coast that got hit) a week and a half before Katrina, but no, not the planned, didn't go, place blew up situation.

My family moved from Baton Rouge (after having lived there 15 years) just a couple months before Katrina. Yes, I know Katrina only affected Baton Rouge indirectly (refugees), but still...I was always fascinated by that. And of course, people always assumed I was a Katrina refugee.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »

The first day of rehearsals in 11th grade for our spring performance in Carnegie Hall in NYC was September 11, 2001.  We had to interrupt the rehearsal to watch the towers fall.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies