Office of VPH (ME Governor)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of VPH (ME Governor)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of VPH (ME Governor)  (Read 2123 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

xVPH

This is an awesome bill and I'm glad to sign such a measure that will no doubt bring economic prosperity to our region. Keep up the good work.

It should be kept in the hands of private industry instead of the governments hands.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »

xVPH

This is an awesome bill and I'm glad to sign such a measure that will no doubt bring economic prosperity to our region. Keep up the good work.

It should be kept in the hands of private industry instead of the governments hands.
The point of this bill is to stop the decrepit rust belt that has been perpetuated by the private industries. If they were doing something about it, I would not have proposed this.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »

I would like to ask the Governor to consider putting out a current budget. I would like to also see the Governor's plans and ideas for the Mideast, so that a collaborative effort can be put towards issues both the assembly and the Governor agree on.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »

I would like to ask the Governor to consider putting out a current budget. I would like to also see the Governor's plans and ideas for the Mideast, so that a collaborative effort can be put towards issues both the assembly and the Governor agree on.
You want the Governor to produce a budget? That is the Assembly's responsibility. Wink
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »

Under the Mideast Constitution, the Assembly isn't due to pass a new budget until July 1, 2016. This seems a little premature.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »

xVPH

This will now move on to a 168-hour public referendum for Mideast citizens.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 04:14:43 PM »

Many thanks to the Assembly for passing this timely and necessary amendment! I urge all Mideast citizens to vote in favor of a leaner, more compact government for our Region!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »

Due to the seven day residency requirement, I will be unable to vote in this referendum but I think it's of the utmost urgency that it be adopted to allow for a decrease in offices and more competitive elections.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »

You want the Governor to produce a budget? That is the Assembly's responsibility. Wink
Whoops, got it. Sorry!

Under the Mideast Constitution, the Assembly isn't due to pass a new budget until July 1, 2016. This seems a little premature.

I feel it is the best interest of the people in this time of turmoil, to see what their money is going into. Personally, I would like to see what needs to be addressed in our budget. I would be happy to start drafting up a budget aimed for November, of course if you feel that is against the constitution, I would not pursue it.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »

Address to the Mideast

[quote] Hello, everybody. Today, I'm going to lay out my vision, hopes, and perceptions of this game's status, especially pertaining to our region.

At the opening of this legislative session, I was dejected to see only 1 declared candidate running for office. Right now, the 2nd Constitutional Amendment to limit the assembly to 3 members has been passed by the assembly, signed by me, and now just needs the support of Mideast residents. This amendment will go a long way in ensuring an active assembly that solves problems in an efficient and equitable manner. I'm going to extend my thanks to Assembly Speaker NeverAgain for keeping up a good active position in the MA, especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment.

Moreover, I'm glad to see progress on the overall front of game reform. As a ConCon delegate, I've been at the forefront of the process, seeing and taking part in a variety of related proceedings. I support consolidation into 4 regions, elimination of dead-weight offices, and a federal reset of laws to current US statute. On the regional level, I'd like to open up a discussion on how to proceed with laws in the (seemingly inevitable) event of consolidation. I want to hear from all sides on this issue.

Next, I still haven't found a suitable Lt. Governor and would like to nominate one soon to be confirmed. If you would like to take this role or have a suggestion, please contact me.

It's time to talk about the state of our region. The state of the Mideast is good. The reforms passed last cycle have revolutionized college access, opening up schooling to millions more of our denizens. The Family Farm Relief act has spurred a revival in family farming in all states across the Mideast. We've gotten wonderful things done, and this cycle, a city revitalization bill will register a strong impact on the region. I'm glad to see progress in this beautiful region, but I still have a list of desires.

First, I want to pass a regional cap and trade bill to control emissions in a responsible manner. Second, I want to seek out a moratorium on fracking until further research is conducted. We prosper with a strong environment. I'd like to amend legislative rules to clarify some of the process in order to speed things up. We also need to be on the forefront of gun safety, meaning we must pass reasonable firearm regulations. There's more, but let's work on these priorities.

It's great working with you all, and I'm looking forward to a great future for the Mideast region.

xVPH
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »

Awaiting your signature or veto (Also to bump this thread)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »

Congratulations!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length