Scenario: GOP Improves Slightly With All Demographic Groups in 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:23:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scenario: GOP Improves Slightly With All Demographic Groups in 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scenario: GOP Improves Slightly With All Demographic Groups in 2016  (Read 3908 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« on: September 06, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »

Not Really. More like a Republican fantasy.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:59:02 PM »

What the hell? lol.

He said "interesting", not "w0w the pubs are going to replicate that map in 2016!". Take a deep breath and stop busting a nut over anything that would be a good situation for somebody other than the dems.

My point was I don't find extremely unrealistic scenarios to be interesting. Of course if you tweak turnout and vote shares of demographic groups enough you can get your desired result but that does not make it interesting.  I probably should have just skipped this thread like I do most of the other nonsense (Webb vs Jindal, who would win?) . I Just made a smart @ss 7 word reply, hardly busting a nut over this nonsense.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »

So, blacks should go back to their 57% norm. And the Republican share of the black vote should dramitacally increase. I think Republicans will win at least 15% of the black vote.

And non Hispanic white turnout was 62% in in 2000, 67% in 2000, 66% in 2008 and 64% in 2012.  IMHO it is very unrealistic to expect white turnout make a big jump while minority turnout falls dramatically.  One groups turnout % may move more than another's but they tend to move in the same direction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies