Italian Election Game - ROUND 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:47:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Italian Election Game - ROUND 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Italian Election Game - ROUND 3  (Read 8252 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »
« edited: September 19, 2015, 06:07:32 AM by Intell »

Conservatives and Reformists

The conservatives and reformists, will focus on issues of reducing the debt and deficit, lower taxes, less government intrusion and bureaucracy and more efficient healthcare and education system, with more privatization, and well-rounded moral, and christian values talking about the funding out churches and charities for their work. We call for more restricted immigration, and making sure immigration does not undermine Italian business and Italian workers. We call for restoration of Italian values and culture, and call for more assimilation of immigrants, and make sure immigrants don't claim benefits without contributing to society.

Campaign Schedule

September 19

Rally at Barai, Italy ( Protecting Italian Values)

We are here, as a party, in this great nation of ours, to protect the ideals, the ideas of freedom, values and democracy. We need a party, that represents you the people, you the business and not the politicians and elitists in government which pile us up with more government, more centralized power, which benefits them and not the people. We call for a liberal and conservatives government, here in Italy, not in the foreign powers of Brussels and the corporatist leaders of foreign nations, which undermines us, right here at home.

September 20

Rally at Rome, Italy (Immigration).

In government, the politicians are burdening us with non-regulated immigration and open government. They are so ill-conceived, that do not realize the concerns and troubles open borders put a toll on our workers, and industries. They want not control of our borders, letting anyone in as they please, without assessment of where they come from and their qualifications. They are all in the politicians bubble, the government for free-immigration as it helps them, without noticing the concerns of the working family, whose jobs are being taken, the national identity gone and a face of our great country being taken over by foreigners.

September 21

Rally at Venice, Italy (EU)

We as a nation have taken too much. We have been shakable, put into place and put into tyranny by the forces of the EU, and we are the party who will unleash freedom and democracy back into the EU. Our view on the EU is simple, serve the people or perish. For too long, has the EU been meddled with pointless bureaucracy, an undemocratic system, politicians out to serve for themselves, getting us into pointless rules and regulations that undermine Italian business and economy. We will seek to reform the EU, stop austerity, have more devolution back to the government, have referendum on EU Law, EU Constitution and EU government and a  final government consent to European law applying to Italy to Italian and people and local governments. We as a party, believe that government goes down-up not a hierarchical system with the EU having all the power, and local governments having none, and being forced to follow the order, like an obedient sheep of the laws the EU pass.

September 22

Rally at Milan, Italy (Taxes)

For too long, have the Italian people been prayed down by the government, in which they have been stolen their work and capital, their hard-worked tax money, just because the government is incompetent and inefficient in allocating their taxpayers dollar. We call for a reduction of taxes for middle and lower-class people, as well as the creator of jobs and our starting small business, who are just getting of their feet and getting cast down by burdensome rules and regulation which stop small business from growing and flourishing in this great country of ours.

September 23

Rally in Naples, Italy (Debt and Deficit)

We the Italian people have been burdened by the everlasting debt and deficit, the debt 132% of the budget, 132%, which the taxpayer will have to suffer for. The government has field to respond to the debt crisis, making us the bow down to the leaders of the EU with more austerity. We will introduce smart efficient government, and pay 50% of our salary, in dedication to the government to stop the debt crisis that this crisis is facing due to the incompetent rule of Italian governments.

September 24

TV interview on discussing party policy, the state of affairs in Italy with the Party leader, Raffaele Fitto.

Focous ( Government Lies): We have a deep, deep problem in this country, with politician's breaking their word, with politician's not looking out for the common man, and politicians doing nothing once in power, going back on their word, lying to the public, destroying their hopes and dreams, shattering their aspirations, with lie after lie. We as a party, will fight corruption, government bureaucracy and stand for tradition, Italian values and traditional, hardworking Italian people.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »

Who all still needs to update?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »

Kingpoleon and darthebearnc.
I hope they'll post soon.
FredLindq
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 04:24:40 AM »

Why can't I post pictures?!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 05:46:26 AM »

Yes, you can. You should click on the 2nd button from the left on the 2nd line and then put the link of the image in.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 11:20:02 AM »

Kingpoleon and darthebearnc.
I hope they'll post soon.

Hi! Smiley

Sorry for the long wait; I've been pretty busy and haven't been able to update yet.

I will have my posts in by tonight for sure, though!

Thanks! Cheesy
FredLindq
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »

Do I need to have link in order to upload pictures? What about copyrights?!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »

Democratic Party Campaign - September 9 to September 25

2015 Democratic Party Leadership Election Results:

✓ Prime Minister Matteo Renzi - 91%
Write-In Candidates - 9%

"Grazie! Grazie! Thank you, thank you, all of Italy! Thank you!

Today has been an unforgettable day in the history of our sacred Republic. Today, the people of our great Democratic Party have issued a great mandate, a mandate in favor of progress, reform, and prosperity for all of Italy. Today, the people of our great Democratic Party have decided to elect a leader who knows what he's doing, who knows how to do it, and who has shown, throughout the past one and a half years, that he has what it takes to lead La Repubblica Italiana.

And it brings immense joy to my heart to know that that leader is me.

Today, the people of the Democratic Party have decided that the Renzi Administration has done well for Italy, that our government has done everything in its power to fight for the Italian people, that our leadership knows how to fix our nation and knows how to do it well.

And the people of the Democratic Party are not wrong.

Over the past one and a half years, while I have been Prime Minister of the Republic, our nation has seen historic progress, reform, and prosperity found rarely in the international community under today's conditions. Unemployment today is lower than it was when I came into office, our nation's Gross Domestic Product is noticeably higher, and Consumer Confidence rating of the Republic has skyrocketed. Furthermore, the Renzi Administration has brought Italy out of a crippling recession that, if left unchecked, would have damaged our nation's economy and way of living drastically.

But, of course, Italy's economic conditions did not just improve under the Renzi Administration arbitrarily. While in office, I led efforts in the Parlamento Italiano to encourage economic growth, stability, and improvement in our nation - not just for the businesses that help our nation's economy strive, but for the common Italian citizen who relies on fair treatment from the government in order to succeed.

Under the Renzi Administration, we passed the Jobs Act, a historic economic renovation that bolstered the economy of the Republic and helped unemployed Italians get back to work. The Jobs Act relaxed unreasonable restrictions against employers that made the employment process unbearably burdensome, and simplified employment contracts in order to take bureaucracy out of the private sector and make the hiring process easier and less complicated. Furthermore, the Jobs Act provided long-awaited maternity benefits for employed mothers looking to take care of their children, and dealt with the problem of unemployment by providing incentives to employers for hiring more employees, as well as creating new benefits for unemployed citizens in order to help those unable to find work.

I ask you, why would one oppose such an act - an act that has already decreased the unemployment rate in Italy, an act that assures working mothers that they will have the benefits they have long waited for, an act that simplifies the hiring process to ensure that Italians across the nation have the knowledge an ability necessary to join the Republic's work force?

But the work of the Renzi Administration has not only helped Italy from an economic perspective. During my time in office, I championed an overhaul of our Republic's education system that bettered education opportunities for Italian youth around the nation. As part of our school reform, we reconstructed the teacher salary apportionment process to encourage merit in teaching rather than just seniority, and gave schools around the nation more freedom to set curricula and school operations in order to better prepare students for the future.

Furthermore, the school reform our administration set in place provided incentives that have and will continue to encourage the hiring of thousands and thousands more teachers in schools around the nation, which will help to provide students nationwide with a better quality education.

However, arguably the most important political reforms of my administration have been the recent passing of the electoral and Senate reforms by our nation's Parliament.

Earlier this year, I led the charge to reform our nation's flawed electoral system in order to make it simpler, fairer, and more representative of the opinions of the Italian people. Italicum reformed the system by which our nation's representatives are elected into office by introducing a two-round, party-list proportional representation voting system, and by allocating a majority bonus in order to stabilize our nation's political system.

Furthermore, the political reforms implemented by the Renzi Administration will put a halt to corrupt political horse-trading, and, when implemented, will put an immediate stop to the political instability that has produced 60 separate political administrations in Italy since the end of World War II.

I ask you, Italy - is this the record of a successful administration? Is this the record of a leader who has answered the calls of his people and fulfilled his promises to make Italy a better place for all who are blessed to be part of it? Is this the record of a man who has willingly put his own political power at risk in order to call a new election and let the people of Italy themselves determine who should be leading our nation?

The people of the Democratic Party have already given a resounding answer - yes. With more than 90% of the vote, today they decided to give another chance to a leader who has spent the last one and a half years fighting constantly for the rights, freedoms, and prosperity of all Italians, regardless of race, gender, age, wealth class, or sexual identity. Today, the people of the Democratic Party have decided to give another chance to none other than Matteo Renzi himself.

I am honored to have been chosen by the Democratic Party to continue to represent the people of Italy as Prime Minister, and I look forward to spreading my message on the campaign trail as the general election approaches.

However, of course, this campaign will not just be about my record as Prime Minister. It will also be about what I know our party can do for this nation if elected to another term in government.

If we win the upcoming election, the people of Italy will have chosen to continue our current era of progress, reform, and prosperity. If we win the upcoming election, Italy will be in store for a variety of economic, educational, and social reforms that will further our nation's development and bolster its status as one of the most progressive and free nations on earth. If we win the upcoming election, our victory will be not just one for the Democratic Party, but one for the nation and people of Italy as a whole.

If reelected to another term, I promise to take on important issues in our nation such as rights for LGBT Italians, the immigration crisis currently gripping our nation, and further economic and political reforms that can revolutionize our nation as one by the people and for the people.

As Prime Minister, I will continue to fight to give lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Italian citizens the same full rights as their heterosexual and cisgender counterparts, by not just enthusiastically recognizing their relationships as valid and legal, but by protecting our LGBT brothers and sisters from discrimination, both in the work place and in the community.

As Prime Minister, I will continue to protect the interests of the Italian people in the current refugee crisis our region is experiencing, but will also make sure to protect the interests of the refugees who seek asylum from the hell they have escaped. It is disgusting that - every day - we see and hear new pictures and stories in the news of dead mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers from the Middle East and Northern Africa who are simply trying to escape from their homes, which have been overrun with violence, terror, and extremism. We need to stop treating these refugees as if they are the enemies - instead, we must realize that the true enemies are the people who are responsible for making these people want to leave their homelands.

As Prime Minister, I will continue to promote the economic and political reforms that have been launched during my first one and a half years as the leader of the Republic, and I will make sure that none of the work we have already accomplished will go to waste.

As Prime Minister, I will continue to promote Italy's interests throughout the world, whether that be by asserting our nation as an economic superpower on the global stage, by promoting Italy's right to have a voice in international matters, or by protecting Italy from catastrophe by encouraging the ratification of deals, such as that currently being negotiated with Iran, which will prevent it from wreaking havoc upon the world by building a nuclear arsenal.

As Prime Minister, I will continue to do everything within my power to help out the average Italian, and will stop at nothing to make sure that the era of progress, reform, and prosperity that our people initiated will never come to a close.

I must ask you, people of Italy - are you ready?

Thank you, and buona notte!"

1,533 words later...

UP NEXT: Democratic Party Campaign Strategy and Schedule
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

I am looking at this and I have an idea..... Perhaps I could be like the... um News/Interviewer, you know.... providing the international news dynamic. Cris, you can interview me.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »

Democratic Party Campaign - September 19 to September 25

Democratic Party Campaign Strategy:

Secretary:

- Matteo Renzi

Deputy Secretary:

- Lorenzo Guerini
- Debora Serracchiani

President:

- Matteo Orfini

Spokesperson:

- Lorenzo Guerini

Logo:

Slogan:

"Uniti per il Progresso" ("United for Progress")

Campaign Goals Summary:

The campaign platform of the Democratic Party in the 2015 Italian General Election will revolve around three central tenants - (a) defending the current administration of Matteo Renzi, (b) explaining why the positions of the Democratic Party are better for Italy than those of other political groups, and (c) highlighting new policy proposals for a second Renzi Administration.

First, the Democratic Party campaign will focus upon defending the policies of our current administration, led by incumbent Prime Minister Matteo Renzi. Our campaign will draft a variety of publications regarding the major policy decisions made by the Renzi Administration, and will distribute said publications through newspapers, media advertisements, and online networking. These publications will deal with major pieces of legislation supported and passed by the Renzi Administration, including the Jobs Act, the Good School Bill, and Italicum. While newspaper advertisements will be focused more towards adult-oriented issues such as the Jobs Act and Italicum, advertisements published online and through social media will have a primary audience of younger voters, and will hence focus on issues important to young people, such as the Good School educational reform.

Second, our party's campaign will focus on promoting the policy positions of the Democratic Party over those of other political groups. The Democratic Party will criticize the platforms of other political parties for having interests contrary to those of the Italian people. This will be done through the same methods as listed above (newspaper advertisements, television commercials, online media, etc.) While the Democratic Party will criticize North League, Popular Area, Brothers of Italy, and Forza Italia for their opposition to LGBT rights, the Democratic Party will criticize North League, Forza Italia, Brothers of Italy, Conservatives and Reformists, and the Five Star Movement for their positions on immigration.

Finally, the third tenant of the Democratic Party campaign focus will revolve around promoting the party's platform, goals, and ideas for the future. While this will be done using the same methods as the last two goals (media advertisements, television commercials, newspaper editorials, etc.), this goal will emphasize goals for the future, rather than records from the past. Issues discussed will include LGBT rights, the refugee crisis, terrorist threats, the Iran Deal, more political reform, more economic reform, and more educational reform. Throughout this tenant of campaigning, the main messages highlighted will be populism and fighting for the rights, freedoms, and prosperity of the average Italian citizen.

Campaign Strategy Summary:

Strategies employed by the Democratic Party in order to win the election include:

- A multitude of appearances by multiple party leaders on television news shows, radio programs, and in real-life rallies and events

- Mass use of advertisements through newspapers, the television, and online networking (funded through campaign donations)

- Maintaining an overall positive campaign outlook, even with negative advertisements accounted for

- Use of social media to inspire younger voters to become politically active

- Portrayal of Renzi as a common, modest, humble man who understands the problems of regular Italians

UP NEXT: Campaign Schedule for the Democratic Party!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 10:26:14 PM »

Campaign Schedule:

September 19 - Rally in Rome

"Hello, people of Rome! Thank you, thank you! It's wonderful to be here this beautiful morning in the capital of the greatest nation on Earth. But sometimes I am asked - why is Italy the greatest nation on Earth? What is it that makes Italy the greatest? Well, the answer is simple. La Repubblica Italiana is the greatest place on Earth because of the people that live in it. Never have I seen any other place on our globe - and trust me, I've been to a lot of places throughout my work as Prime Minister - where the people are as open, loving, and caring as they are in Italy. Never have I seen such an epitome of friendliness, hopefulness, and grace as I have in La Repubblica. Italy has a reputation for being one of the kindest and most affectionate nations on Earth, and that is something we should all cherish. However, it might not stay that way for long. As you all know, there is currently a refugee crisis happening throughout Northern Africa, the Middle East, and Europe that needs to be addressed. Throughout the region, people are suffering at the hands of cruel dictators and tyrants, and they know that the only option they have left if they want to protect their families is to escape and come to Europe. However, what good is that if we're just going to turn them back? As a nation, we need to keep our reputation of being good-natured and considerate by accepting these refugees and protecting them from what would otherwise be a terrible fate. We need to realize that the refugees are not the true enemies - instead, the real enemies are the people who are forcing them to abandon their homelands. The people of Italy need to show compassion towards our fellow humans, and protect them at whatever cost it takes. I know you have what it takes, Rome. Does the rest of Italy? We will have to wait until election day to find out."

September 20 - Rally in Milano

"Hello, Milano! Thank you! Thank you for inviting me to your city this evening! Thank you! Recently, I'm sure you've all seen some advertisements from other political groups criticizing me as a selfish and elitist leader. People from all over the political spectrum - the far right, the far left, and the center - have been attacking me, and for some reason, all of them think that I don't have the true interests of the people of Italy in my heart. However, I must ask you - would a selfish leader surrender their own political power by calling a new election to let the people of Italy decide who should be in government themselves? Would a selfish leader sacrifice the support of a faction of his own party in order to make sure that electoral reform is passed in order to better represent the people of Italy? Would a selfish leader advocate for an economic reform bill - the Italicum - that would help the common, everyday people of Italy prosper economically when he could use his influence for his own economic gain? I can not answer these questions for you myself, people of Italy. It is up to you to answer them."

September 21 - Rally in Napoli

"Hello, people of Napoli! Thank you! Thank you! Yesterday morning, I went to the wedding ceremony of my good friend Giovanni Romano. Giovanni and I have known each other since high school, and he has been one of my biggest supporters for years now. I was so excited when I heard that he was getting married to the love of his life, and I was honored to be able to spend time with one of my best friends during what was sure to be one of the best days of his life. Now, there's one thing that I might have forgotten to mention. Giovanni, like more than four million other proud Italian citizens in our great nation, is in love with someone of the same sex. When I went to the wedding ceremony of my friend Giovanni and his partner, Marco Lombardi, I was reminded how much it means to members of the LGBT community that their love be accepted and appreciated in the same thing that love between members of opposite sexes is. That's why, as Prime Minister of Italy, I will continue to fight in favor of recognition of same-sex relationships, and will do whatever it takes to make sure that Giovanni and Marco are treated in the exact same way as the rest of us are. That's what real equality is. Giovanni and Marco are simply asking for equality and the freedom to love each other like the rest of us do - is that too much to ask? Of course not. I'm ready to fight for equal rights for the LGBT community. I know Napoli is ready to fight for equal rights for the LGBT community. Is Italy? For the sake of Marco and Giovanni, I sure hope so."

UP NEXT: Campaign Schedule Part 2
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

Campaign Schedule Part 2:

September 22 - Rally in Turin

"Thank you! Thank you very much, Turin, I'm so excited to be here this evening! Thank you! Earlier today, I was dining with supporters at a restaurant in the City Square when a man named Angelo brought up a very good point. He said, "This fall, my two boys began their first year at a new school. I know that you've worked throughout your time in the Legislature to pass education reform, but it always seems like these bills just contain a lot of legal jargon and I don't understand how they actually apply to the lives of me and my children. How will they affect us, personally?" I thought this was a great question because too often these days do we see people becoming politically disenfranchised due to how complicated or arbitrary political actions may seem. And what I told Mr. Angelo is the same thing I'll tell you. The Good Schools Bill passed by the Italian Legislature earlier this year reformed our education system in a few very simple ways. First, it changed teacher salary allocation methods so teachers are payed based off of how well they teach, not just how long they've been teaching. The bill also provided incentives to schools to hire thousands and thousands of more teachers to better prepare our students for the future, and allowed individual schools to form their own curricula and school operations in order to make sure that each child's individual education needs are met. Now that's not so complicated, is it?"

September 23 - Rally in Florence

"Hello, Florence! Thank you for having me here this fine day! Thank you! Today, I'd like to address the issue of Italy's place in the international community. Recently, we've been seeing quite a global controversy regarding the Iran Nuclear Weapons Deal. This deal, proposed by the member nations of the European Union - including Italy - and a variety of other nations around the world, was made in order to prevent the government of Iran from creating a nuclear arsenal. The deal does this by closing all uranium enrichment facilities in Iran other than the highly-monitored one in Natanz, as well as allowing authorities from the United Nations to inspect the Iran nuclear facilities and make sure that they are not enriching uranium in order to create nuclear weapons. This deal is vital to preventing Iran from creating a nuclear arsenal, which would have horrible affects upon Italy and the rest of the world. While I know that some people do not support this deal, it is mandatory that it is passed in order to guarantee a safe future for us, our children, and our children's children for generations to come. I know that I'm ready to see this deal be put into effect, I know the people of Florence are ready to see this deal be put into effect, and most of all, I know the people of Italy are ready to see this deal be put into effect."

September 24 - Appearance on Porta a Porta

Host: "Hello, everyone, and welcome to Porta a Porta! This episode, we have a very important guest appearing on the show - everyone please welcome Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi!"

Renzi: "Thank you, thank you very much. It's so nice to be able to see so many proud Italian citizens here to take part in the political process."

Host: "Prime Minister Renzi, what do you plan to do about the current refugee crisis going on throughout the region?"

Renzi: "That's a great question. The refugee crisis that our region is currently facing is possibly one of the most important issues there is. Italy has to recognize that the people fleeing their homelands have no other choice but to go to a place where they are not at risk of being violated by brutal dictatorial regimes - rather than shunning these people from our society, we need to welcome them with open arms and realize that they have the same goals as we do - to keep their families safe and live a productive, safe, successful life."

Host: "Recently, you have been attacked by political opponents for the content of the Jobs Act, which was passed earlier in your term as Prime Minister. What do you have to say about that?"

Renzi: "I think the thing that a lot of people don't understand is how simple the reforms in the Jobs Act really are. Don't look at it as just another corrupt economic bill meant to help the billionaires in our nation and hurt the working class - rather, the point of this bill is to do just the opposite. The Jobs Act decreases unemployment in our nation by making employment processes easier for employers to fulfill, providing tax incentives for employers to hire new employees, and simplifying the job contract process. Already, we've seen that the Jobs Act works - ever since it was introduced, the unemployment rate in our nation has gone down, Italy's Gross Domestic Product has gone up, and the Consumer Confidence index has skyrocketed. What does that tell you about the Jobs Act?

September 25 - Appearance on Quinta Colonna

Host: "Everybody, please give a warm welcome to Prime Minister Matteo Renzi!"

Renzi: "Thank you, thank you! It's great to be here tonight! I can't wait to be able to tell the Italian people what my vision for our great Republic is!"

Host: "I am very excited to hear what you have to say as well. However, it seems like many other people are not. Recently, Maurizio Landini of the United Left said that "Renzi doesn't give a damn about workers." He also said that you follow "the same neoliberal policies dictated by bankers and bosses, stripping away the workers' dignity." What do you have to say about that?

Renzi: "Well clearly, my friend Landini here is very angry. I think he is under the unfortunate impression that I do not care about the people of Italy, that I would rather cater to the interests of the millionaires and billionaires than the interests of the working class. However, I don't even know why he thinks that. What did I do as Prime Minister to hurt the people of Italy? I can't think of anything. One of the major things I did do to affect the Italian people economically was the Jobs Act, but I'm sure we can all agree that that helped the people of Italy, not harmed them. The Jobs Act was responsible for lowering the unemployment rate by providing incentives to business owners to hire new employees, and it's obviously worked, as unemployment is much lower than it was when I came into office, the Consumer Confidence index is way up, and the recession is over! Why would Landini be mad about that?

Host: "The North League has also said that you have "brought our country just further down the road" and that you need to "go home." What do you think?

Renzi: "Well, I don't really think the North League understands that Italy is my home! I've lived here all my life, and throughout my years, I've grown a deep love and respect for the nation and people of Italy. Where am I to go? I certainly don't think I should go away, as under the Renzi Administration, we've seen unemployment go down, the recession end, and the Consumer Confidence Index go up. We've also seen massive advances in civil rights, a large number of good reforms in education that will prepare our nation's youth better for the future, and quite a lot of substantial political reforms that have made our democracy better at representing the people. Why should I go away, North League? Do you not like what I have done?"
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2015, 02:41:51 AM »

Now I'm working on poll numbers, centre-right primary, ecc.
I'll let Kingpoleon another day to post his work.
New round will start tomorrow.

I am looking at this and I have an idea..... Perhaps I could be like the... um News/Interviewer, you know.... providing the international news dynamic. Cris, you can interview me.
I'm glad you want to be involved in the game. I'll contact you in the next days. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »

Sorry for the delay.
It's almost done. I'll have it up tomorrow.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »

Round 2
September 26 - October 3

Introduction:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

General Election polls:

IPSOS
Democratic Party 31%
Centre-right 31%
Five Stars Movement 25%
United Left 9%
Popular Area – Act! 3%
Others 1%

IPR
Democratic Party 34%
Centre-right 28%
Five Stars Movement 24%
United Left 7%
Popular Area – Act! 4%
Others 3%

SWG
Democratic Party 34%
Centre-right 30%
Five Stars Movement 23%
United Left 8%
Popular Area – Act! 3%
Others 2%

Primary polls:

IPSOS
Matteo Salvini 42%
Giovanni Toti 33%
Giorgia Meloni 20%
Raffaele Fitto 5%

IPR
Matteo Salvini 42%
Giovanni Toti 29%
Giorgia Meloni 22%
Raffaele Fitto 7%

SWG
Matteo Salvini 46%
Giovanni Toti 31%
Giorgia Meloni 15%
Raffaele Fitto 8%

Comment to polls:

The most recent polls showed an increase for the Democratic Party, United Left and a slight drop for Five Stars Movement and Popular Area.

Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is running a strong and positive campaign, based on his record and on a positive message on important issues as immigration and LGBT rights. The campaign is still long and all things might happen, but it's a good start for the Democratic Party.

But the real surprise is United Left. In all the past elections, United Left started with strong polling numbers and momentum, but then it failed and wasn't able to cross the electoral treshold (2008, 2013) or crossed the threshold by a few hundred votes (2014). Now, United Left picked a strong leader for PM. It's Maurizio Landini, leader of labor union FIOM, and he's running a strong campaign. He is surprising a lot of people.

Popular Area's electoral trend is similar to United Left's one. A strong start and then going down. Threshold is at 3% and the recent polls showed how Popular Area is at risk. But the campaign just started and a lot can still be done, expecially if a populist like Salvini will win the centre-right primary. If Toti will win, things will be hardest for the centrists.

A 2 points drop for the Five Stars Movement. The Beppe Grillo's movement, that has not decided his PM candidate, is trying to replicate the 2013 strategy, that worked well that year. A populist campaign against the political parties. Looks like this year it's not working well. The economy is in a better shape than 2013 and some proposals as de-growth might not reasonate with the electorate. But it's a long campaign and with a strong PM candidate, Five Stars Movement might rebound.

The centre-right unity list is keeping an average of 30% in the most recent polls. Both Salvini and Meloni decided to join Toti and Fitto in the centre-right primary.

Matteo Salvini, leader of the North League, is running a populist campaign, with immigration as the main topic of his campaign. He started the campaign with a big lead over Giovanni Toti, but that lead is narrowing. Not at all for Salvini's fault (he is losing only an average 3 points), but for merit of Toti, the PM candidate of Forza Italia, that is running on a positive message about the future of Italy, citing the unity of the right in his home region.

Giorgia Meloni, leader of Brothers of Italy, started his campaign on a strong position, but now she's losing ground, expecially toward Salvini. A poll showed Meloni at 15% (22% last week) and Salvini at 45%, that's basically the same percentage of last week. According to this poll, Salvini is losing voters to Toti, but compensate that lost by gaining Meloni voters.
Raffaele Fitto, leader of Conservatives and Reformers, started in the high single digits and looks like he's losing ground to Toti. This debate will be very important for him.

Centre-right debate questions:

Questions for all candidates:

The European Union decided to allocate 120.000 war refugees among european counties, including Italy. Would you be willing to accommodate refugees allocated the Italy? If no, how you'd face the European Union that threatened sanctions for countries that will not accomodate them?

In the recent days, the Five Stars Movement proposed to ban all parties, saying that quote: "they are antiquated and corrupt and that the collective intelligence of the Italian people will replace these crooks through a fully fledged digital democracy." Do you agree with them?

On the campaign trail, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said that he wants to enthusiastically recognize the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender relationships as valid and legal. What's your position on that matter?

If you will be elected Prime Minister, how Italy will be different than now at the end of your mandate, that should be 2020?

Questions for a specific candidate:

Mr. Fitto, you are the leader of Conservatives and Reformists. It might look like an oxymoron. How you can be a conservative and a reformer at the same time?

Mrs. Meloni, your party were under fire for a slogan used during your campaign. Quote: "Better dead than the red". Other parties accused you to be too extremist for Italy. How can you appeal to the centre?

Mr. Salvini, in the past you were protagonist of some bad words against South people. Why should them trust you and vote for you now?

Mr. Toti, you were engaged in top Forza Italia positions by Silvio Berlusconi after a long TV career, not a political career as the other candidates on stage. Why should voters vote for a candidate that hadn't a political path?

Round 2 begins now and will last for at-least 4 days, but you can ask for extentions if you want.

If you have doubts/thoughts/questions, please post them here or via a PM to me.

You can find rules here (the same of Round 1).
FredLindq
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 05:37:26 AM by FredLindq »

Giorgia Meloni triumphs in the centre-right debate!

The European Union decided to allocate 120.000 war refugees among european counties, including Italy. Would you be willing to accommodate refugees allocated the Italy? If no, how you'd face the European Union that threatened sanctions for countries that will not accomodate them?

Meloni answers quickly:
No. This is not what the EU is about. The EU is about free enterprise, free and fair trade and competition, minimal regulation, lower taxation, and small government as the ultimate catalysts for individual freedom and personal and national prosperity and freedom of the individual, more personal responsibility and greater democratic accountability.

They (the EU) can make any threats they want, we are not afraid. Italy is taking it’s responsibility and is saving thousand of refugees in the Mediterranean. Maybe we should send at bill to the European Union for our work there by our heroic Guardia costiera!

In the recent days, the Five Stars Movement proposed to ban all parties, saying that quote: "they are antiquated and corrupt and that the collective intelligence of the Italian people will replace these crooks through a fully fledged digital democracy." Do you agree with them?

Girogia answers loudly:
Banning all parties?! The clown most be joking. He first says that is movement is more democratic than all other Italian parties and then wants to ban all parties. Many things were great under Il Duce´s and his Italian Empire but not the banning off parties.

On the campaign trail, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said that he wants to enthusiastically recognize the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender relationships as valid and legal. What's your position on that matter?

Girogia Meloni answers firmly:
We stand for traditional Italian and catholic values . We are a  social conservative party and we believe in the traditional family. We are therefore against this proposal.

If you will be elected Prime Minister, how Italy will be different than now at the end of your mandate, that should be 2020?

The leader off the Frattelli d'Italia answers with passion in her voice:
Rinascere sulla Italia!
We need rebirth of the Italian tradition of leadership at every level of government and in private life as well. The Italian republic is unique in world history because it has a genius for leaders--many leaders--on many levels. But, back in 2014, Mr. Renzi said, "Trust me." And a lot of people did. Now, many of those people are out of work. Many have seen their savings eaten away by inflation and the Euro. Many others on fixed incomes, especially the elderly, have watched helplessly as the cruel tax of inflation and the common currency union has wasted away their purchasing power. And, today, a great many who trusted Mr. Renzi wonder if we can survive the Renzies policies.

Together brothers and sisters off Italy, let us make this a new beginning. Let us make a commitment to care for the needy; to teach our children the values and the virtues handed down to us by our families; to have the courage to defend those values and the willingness to sacrifice for them.Let us pledge to restore, in our time, the Italian spirit of voluntary service, of cooperation, of private and community initiative; a spirit that flows like a deep and mighty river through the history of our nation.

Fratelli d'Italias leader Giorgia Meloni starts to sing:
Fratelli d'Italia,
l'Italia s'è desta,
dell'elmo di Scipio
s'è cinta la testa.
Dov'è la Vittoria?
Le porga la chioma,
ché schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

Mrs. Meloni, your party were under fire for a slogan used during your campaign. Quote: "Better dead than the red". Other parties accused you to be too extremist for Italy. How can you appeal to the centre?

Meloni with contempt in her voice:
A typical question from what I suppose is a left/wing journalist which seems to believe and hope that there still is a wall in Berlin and that the Warszawa pact still exists. Have you even looked at the other parties and their candidates?! Mr. Renzi and is party has it´s roots in the Partito Comunista Italiano (PCI). They call themseleves “Democrats” and appeal to the centre but in realty  they are still a leftwing party. Just a copule off a years ago they called themsleves Democrats of the Left, that name is closer to the truth.

We are the real  serious alternative in Italian politics today. We stand for traditional Italian values , social conservatism and nationalism. We love Italy! Compare us with Renzi and his (left-wing) Democrats, the clown Grillo and his "movement" and even Salvani and his Lega, are we the extremist compared to them?!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:47 AM »

Kingpoleon will not be able to play as Popular Area - Act!
If someone wants to play as Popular Area - Act!, please tell me! Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2015, 08:49:18 AM by Cranberry, MP »

LEGA NORD - Debate:

Q: The European Union decided to allocate 120.000 war refugees among european countries, including Italy. Would you be willing to accommodate refugees allocated the Italy? If no, how you'd face the European Union that threatened sanctions for countries that will not accomodate them?

A: It has always been apparent that the bureaucrats in Brussels are devoid from reality, far too often acting only under Signora Merkel's whims. This recent proposal is just insane. We in Italy are already flooded by hordes of people coming every day over the mediterenean, 80% of which economic refugees. Our insane government takes in every single one of those, let's these hordes of young, angry men with no respect for Italian culture roam freely through our cities. Soon enough, if we continue like this, we will hear just Arabic, Amharic and Somali in half of Roma and Milano, Napoli and Torino; when we should hear the medolic sounds of the beuatiful Italian language in these places of our heritage. And with all this already, we should take in even more? Merkel told them to come to her, now we should pay for that? I can promise every Italian that a government under Matteo Salvini will send nothing but a resound "NO!" over the alps for that!

Q: In the recent days, the Five Stars Movement proposed to ban all parties, saying that quote: "they are antiquated and corrupt and that the collective intelligence of the Italian people will replace these crooks through a fully fledged digital democracy." Do you agree with them?

A: And what point would that exactly serve? I can feel the frustration of many Italians with the parties of the establishment, I can feel this very well. But the true way to go there is not by followin Signor Grillo and his band in wanting to ban all parties, but by choosing new parties, new faces to replace the antiquated forces. In other words, we need to get out the old forces both on the left and on the right - one of these forces sits in Palazzo Chigi, and we will have our chance to vote that one out in November. But the other old force, the one on the right, is standing just opposite me, and the time to get a fresh face leading the right is now.

Q: On the campaign trail, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said that he wants to enthusiastically recognize the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender relationships as valid and legal. What's your position on that matter?

A: People that know me know that I hold the view that Italy is and has always been a nation in the Christian traditions of the Western World. It is in our tradition that marriage is between one man and one woman, it has always been that way, and frankly, I see no reason to change that now.

Q: Mr. Salvini, in the past you were protagonist of some bad words against South people. Why should them trust you and vote for you now?

A: I would like to clarify this statement. I have not used bad words against the people of the South, far from it. I value and honour every Italian, be it from Trentino or from Sicilia. In the past, I used bad words, and that I affirm once again, I used those words against the incompetent, corrupt and simply bad politicians of the South, regardless of party membership. The South of Italy suffers from the same bad governance as our nation as a whole, and I dare say, in many case of one worse than many northern regions. Lombardia for example has enjoyed a better governance than say, Puglia; and it is this difference in style of governance that is reflected in Lombardia doing better than Puglia at the moment. It is such that I see my party's name, "Lega Nord", not as a party exclusively for the people of Northern Italy, but as a party for everyone, be it from Trentino or Sicilia, that wants government to be more similar to the ones often found in the North of Italy.

Q: If you will be elected Prime Minister, how Italy will be different than now at the end of your mandate, that should be 2020?

A: Matteo Renzi has been a failure as Prime Minister, just like the ones before him. Italy today is at a low point. Our nation has crippling debt, is flooded with hordes of economic migrants, too many of our own people have no work, and even if they do, prizes are so high that they can not afford their living. We desperately need change.

Let me be that change. Let us exchange Matteo Renzi with the other Matteo. I will be a Prime Minister that will again work for the Italian people first. Italy can in 2020 again be a place where everyone can find work, and where everyone can sustain their quality of live and their family with their income. I would be honoured if you chose me to lead a united list of the centre-right towards this future.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2015, 04:32:01 PM by Californian Tony Returns »

United Left
Round 2

Campaign Schedule:

09/26 - Visit in Rome's Disfavored Neighborhoods, Meeting with Ordinary Citizens

- Focus: Reclaim an electorate that has been drifting toward the far-right.
- Highlight: [when confronted by an anti-immigrant crowd] "I haven't come here to scold you. I know how hard life is for you in these decaying areas abandoned by the State. I understand that criminality is a huge concern for you, that you want to feel safe and protect your families. What I want to tell you is that the Left will not ignore your pleas any longer. You deserve better living conditions, you deserve to live in a neighborhood that's safe and properly served by public utilities! I also want to tell you not to buy into the Right's lies. The foreigner is not your enemy! He is, just like you, the victim of crime, unemployment, and urban degradation. The Right wants to present you with a scapegoat because it doesn't want you to confront your real enemy: globalized financial capitalism and its political cronies!"

09/27 - TV Appearance at In Mezz'Ora

- Focus: Expand SU's message to a broader public, and respond to criticism.
- Highlight: Q: "Last Friday on Quinta Colonna, Prime Minister Renzi said you were 'very angry' and defended his Jobs Act, claiming it had contributed to reduce unemployment. How do you respond to that?" A: "If I'm angry? Of course I'm angry! How can I not be angry when I hear this sort of bullsh*t, while one out of two of our young folks is still out of work, when millions of people in Italy are out of work, when pensions increasingly don't allow our elderly people to live a decent life? I don't know in what fantasy world Renzi lives, but in the real world, each and every one of us should be furious at these facts! Q: "But the latest numbers show that unemployment is down, don't you think the Jobs Act contributed to that?" A: "It's mostly due to favorable international conditions, but even then, even if the Jobs Act reduced unemployment by a meager tenth of a percentage point, was it worth the sacrifice? Was it worth destroying the safeguard that protected millions of workers from being fired without a valid reason? Was it worth giving millions of taxpayers' Euros every year to the same greedy corporations who fire workers for profit? I don't think so!"

09/28 - Rally in Rome

- Focus: Urban redevelopment and the fight against corruption.
- Highlight: "I walked through the poorest neighborhoods of this great city two days ago, and everywhere I saw houses that were falling into pieces, I saw extreme poverty, I saw vandalized buildings, I saw no public infrastructure to speak of. But first and foremost I saw a proud and strong people, who, in spite of these dismal living conditions, retained their pride and worked strenuously to get by and support each other. To these comrades I want to say, you deserve better than what the State has given you in the past decade! You deserve a State that invests in your neighborhood and gives you a chance to find a job! The past governments, whether on the right or the center-left, have ignored your problems, and their absence and complicity has allowed criminal organizations to take over your neighborhood. These organizations are parasites that need to be crushed with the full strength of the law!"

09/29 - TV Appearance at Di Martedi'

- Focus: Explaining the details of SU's economic program.
- Highlight: Q: "You have probably the most ambitious economic program of this campaign, promising major public investments in the industrial sector and an expansion of the Welfare State. How do you plan on financing these promises?" A: That's simple. Italy has a lot of hidden resources that get grabbed by various corrupt entities and special interests. Seriously fighting against tax evasion could bring billions of Euros to the Treasury, especially if we also introduce a wealth tax targeted at the super-rich. Many of our welfare transfers end up reinforcing inequalities instead of combating them, most famously with the 'golden pensions'. While SU will raise pensions for ordinary Italians, it will also put a hard cap on monthly payments at 5,000€. We will also end the many expensive and useless public work programs that only serve as a government handout to the mafia, and refocus them on more basic tasks such as repairing our schools and our streets. Finally, if necessary, SU will work on building a coalition in Europe to stop the disastrous policy of austerity and allow deficit spending to get us out of this recession."

09/30 - Rally in Milano

- Focus: Combating the Lega.
- Guest Speaker: Giuliano Pisapia
- Highlight: "Salvini wants you to believe that immigrants are the cause of all your problems, so that you don't revolt against financial powers that exploit you and the political cronies that enable it! War between the poor has always been the Right's strategy to prop up their corrupt system. I am not saying that Italy can welcome all of the world's immigrants. The current refugee crisis is a problem that must be solved at the European level, by ensuring that the burden falls on the richest countries rather than on the poorest ones. But the workers will not be fooled by bullies like Salvini, who stir up hatred against immigrants to distract them from the real issue, which is the injustice of the economic system!"

10/01 - TV appearance at Piazzapulita

- Focus: Inequality and poverty.
- Highlight: "Poverty is not something that can be swept under the rug with just a little economic growth. It's a structural problem whose roots are the neoliberal policies that all the governments of the past two decades have followed. We, at SU, think it's time to say stop to these policies, and finally work on lifting up the most vulnerable in our society."

10/02 - Op-Ed in La Repubblica

- Title: Sinistra Unita's Society: From Values to Action
- Highlight: "What we demand and merely that the Italian government finally abide by our Constitution, whose opening words state that 'Italy is a Democratic Republic founded on Labor'. Democracy and Labor, which are at the core of our Constitution, will form the basis of SU's political action, aiming to finally match reality with these ideals. This means lifting up Labor from a mere tool at the mercy of corporations to a factor of emancipation of the working class. This means expanding Democracy beyond the mere act of voting, and allowing citizens to have a direct input into the political process."

10/03 - Rally with the Youth Wing of SU in Terni

- Focus: Outlining SU's message for younger voters.
- Highlight: "You, the youth, have suffered more than anyone else from the methodical assault on worker rights. Many of you have never found a job. Most of you have never been into a stable, full-time employment that provided you with a living wage and the means to start a family. You are considered by corporations as a mere commodity to be used and then disposed of as soon as you're not needed. The governments of the past decades have sacrificed your entire generation on the altar of corporate greed. It's time we say stop! It's time we Italians come together and proclaim that young people are our future, and deserve better than what they have been given so far!"
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »

So yeah, it looks like a lot of people need extensions (including me)...

What is your decision?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:37 PM »

I'm sorry, yes I will need an extension please.  Sorry, but this slipped my mind during the weekend.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »

I'm ok with an extension. I'll let you another 3 days Smiley
FredLindq
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2015, 01:35:02 PM by FredLindq »

09/26-10/3 Ads I newspapers (Libero and Il Giornale)
Focusing on lower taxes and  law and order

09/26 - Cagliari
Rally focusing on the development off soutern Italy and the Islands.

09/27 – Palermo
Rally focusing on the development off soutern Italy and the Islands. In addtion meeting with Grande Sud´s leader Gianfranco Micciché and Movimento per le Autonomie´s Raffaele Lombardo leader trying to form an larger alliance.

09/28 - Napels
Rally focusing och law and order (the garbbage issue) and the development off southern Italy and the Islands.

09/29 - TV Appearance at In Porta a Porta
Talking about lower taxes, individual freedom and the free market.

09/28 - Torino
Rally and campagning by canvassing (knocking on doors) in the filthy rich suburbs on the theme tough on crime and lower taxes.

09/30 - Milano
Big rally and campagning by canvassing (knocking on doors) in the filthy rich suburbs off Milano on the theme tough on cirme and lower taxes.

10/01 - Venice
Rally and campagning by canvassing (knocking on doors) in the filthy rich suburbs on the theme tough on crime and lower taxes.

10/02 - Florence

10/03 - Rally in Rome before centre-right debate
Internet ads – “Giorgia Meloni – If the youth decides!”
Rally - A rally with the party´s youth wing Gioventù Nazionale in Rome before the centre-right debate. The rally will focus on Giorgia Meloni as upcoming and young leader which will bring a brighter future for the Italian youth. The youth wing will stand outside the place where the debate is hold and cheer “Forza Giorgia, Forza Giorgia!” And when she comes out from the debate she will get flowers and applauds.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2015, 03:52:37 PM by Californian Tony Returns »

Any news from Politicus and Intell?

Also, the guys in the picture above really look like they're enjoying raising their right arm a bit more than they should, if you see what I mean. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies