Italian Election Game - ROUND 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:53:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Italian Election Game - ROUND 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Italian Election Game - ROUND 3  (Read 8224 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »

This extension is going until Thursday evening, right? If not, can I ask for one until then, please.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »

This extension is going until Thursday evening, right? If not, can I ask for one until then, please.
It's going until 7 AM of tomorrow. But considered that other candidates haven't posted, looks like I'll have to extend it again.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

I'm sorry, but I've been studying for an exam for tomorrow.

I will do my update tomorrow afternoon/evening EST, I promise. Grin
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2015, 10:40:15 PM »

Would Thursday night at midnight (EST) be alright?

I sincerely apologize for the long wait. Sad
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2015, 07:18:14 AM »

Would Thursday night at midnight (EST) be alright?

I sincerely apologize for the long wait. Sad
Yes, it's ok.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »

LEGA NORD

Round 2: September 26 - October 3

Schedule:

26/09: Trento, Trentino-Alto Adige

- Starting of Salvini's "Giro d'Italia" - a stop in each of the 20 regions of Italy
- Excerpt of a speech during a rally in Trento:
(..)"If people look for good government in Italy, they look up north; and the region of Trentino-Alto Adige is a prime example for this. We need to make our nation as a whole more like the flourishing regions up north, and the Lega Nord is very keen to start on transforming Italy taking the Trentino eagerly as an example."(..)

27/09: Belluno and Vicenza, Veneto

- Morning rally in Belluno, afternoon rally in Vicenza
- Speeches together with Luca Zaia as guest speaker
- Topic: "Bring back good government"

(..)"Many people in Italy are thinking: I like what the Lega is saying, but are they not a little inexperienced in government? Well, I would tell those people to turn up to you good people of the Veneto. You have just reelected this man next to me, and if that is not a testimony on the sucesses of Lega governments, I don't know what is. We have brought change and good government to Venezia, let's bring it next to Roma!"(..)

28/09: Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia

- Rally in Udine themed "Renzi a Casa!"

(..)"Look where our nation is after years of a Renzi government. We are down on the ground, when we could and should again be in the great state we once were. Renzi has been a failure, and it's about time to exchange that man for someone more competent! Renzi a casa, people, and let's bring our nation back on track!"

29/09: Roma, Lazio

- Rest during the day
- Appearance at "Ballarò"
Topic: The refugee crisis in Europe

30/09: Milano, Lombardia

- Rally in Milano
- Topic: "No! to economic refugees"

(..)"They always say all refugees come from Syria, they are war-refugees. Well, that may be true in Hungary and Germany. But had they been down to Lampedusa and the Sicilian coast, and seen what the Italian people are doing every day, they would find out that the people coming to Italy, they are not from Syria. They are from Nigeria and Senegal, the Sudan and Mali. I am not calling for not helping people flying the civil war in Syria. But I am saying a resound "NO!" to economic refugees being spoiled with the money of the hard working Italian taxpayers."(..)

01/10: Novara and Alessandria, Piemonte:

- Morning rally in Novara, evening rally in Alessandria
- Topic: "No!" to economic refugees

02/10: Piacenza and Parma, Emilia-Romagna

- Morning rally in Piacenza, evening rally in Parma
- Topic: "Renzi a casa!"

03/10: Roma, Lazio

- Rally before the centre-right debate
- Topic: "Bring back good government"

Poster series installed from October 1:

Three slogans:

"RENZI A CASA" (Go home, Renzi)

"NO AI CLANDESTINI, SÌ AGLI ITALIANI" (No to illegals, yes to Italians)

"IL RITORNO DEL GOVERNO BUONO CON L'ALTRO MATTEO" (The return of good government with the other Matteo)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2015, 03:33:41 PM »

I am sorry Chris, but I have lost interest in this, so I am out. Apologies all around to the rest of you.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »

I am sorry Chris, but I have lost interest in this, so I am out. Apologies all around to the rest of you.

Hate to hear this.

But what happens next?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »

Yeah, it's hard to see the campaign continuing without M5S.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »

Democratic Party Campaign - September 26 to October 3

September 26 - Rally in Venice

"Hello, Venice! Thank you, thank you for joining me here in your beautiful city this fine day! It brings joy to my heart to know that the people of Venice are kind, compassionate, and generous enough to extend such a warm welcome to their Prime Minister and his message of freedom, equality, and justice. But, Venice, I ask you - are you willing to extend that same warm welcome to the people around our world who need to seek refuge in Italy in order to attain freedom, equality, and justice instead of the violence, hatred, and totalitarianism that is currently inflicted upon them? I think the people of Venice and the people of Italy are willing to rise to the occasion, and I am confident that our nation's citizens will show the same kindness and generosity to refugees from Africa, the Middle East, and Asia that you have shown in the past. However, unfortunately, I am not sure that everyone is willing to do so. Recently, we've seen people from groups like Lega Nord, Forza Italia, the Brothers of Italy, and the Conservatives and Reformists come out against being willing to help these unfortunate people escape their devastating situations, with Lega Nord saying this week that it wants to say 'No!' to refugees trying to escape the violence in their homelands and seek shelter in the Republic. But, Venice, we know that this is not what Italy stands for. Instead, we will say 'Yes!' to helping those less fortunate than us find safety, protection, and prosperity within Italy's borders. We will do what it takes to make sure that these refugees are not harmed, tortured, and killed by the brutal regimes in their homelands, and we do what it takes to create peace and prosperity around the world in order to make sure that these refugees can go back to their homelands when they are no longer endangered. Italy, we must recognize that the refugees are not the enemies - rather, the enemies are those forcing them from the places they have lived in for hundreds and thousands of years. Will you stand with me, Venice? Will you, Italy? Now is the time to decide."

September 27 - Rally in Naples

"Hello, Naples! Thank you for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! The people of your city clearly want to know what this campaign is about, and I'm here today to tell you. You know, this campaign is not about throwing around hateful personal attacks. This campaign is not about attacking the current administration even when there is no evidence or logic to back the assertions. This campaign is not about a negative message for Italy. Naples, this campaign is about a positive message of hope and change, and it is about explaining what each party will do to help Italy if put in power. Now, it's not my job to tell you what the other parties want to do if they get a majority in the legislature this year. That's their job. But it is up to me to tell you what the Renzi Administration has done to help the people of Italy over the past years, and it is up to me to tell you what the Renzi Administration plans to keep doing if allowed more time in office. Naples, as many of you know, one of the most important pieces of legislation passed by the Renzi Administration this year has been the Jobs Act. The Jobs Act, which was approved in February 2015, helps the people of Italy economically in a variety of ways. The act made it easier for employers to engage in formerly complicated hiring practices in order to make sure that the employment process is faster and simpler, and the act created new and larger benefits for unemployed Italians in order to make sure that they are able to find work and take part in expanding Italy's economy as fast as possible. The Jobs Act provided maternity benefits to mothers in Italy so they are able to care for their newborn children, and the act simplified employment contracts to make sure that employees and employers both get a fair say in how their job is done. And that's not all. We've already seen the results of the Jobs Act come into effect, with our nation's unemployment rate much lower than it was before the act was passed and many mothers around the nation using the maternity benefits to care for their children during the most important days of their lives. Naples, is that what you want from your government? Do you want a government that has shown it can pass effective, comprehensive reform that has helped employees and workers around the nation? Do you want a government that has shown it is willing to do so again if reelected this year? I do. I think the people of Naples do. And most of all, I think that the people of Italy are ready to Ride with Renzi again in 2015. Thank you Naples, and thank you Italy!"

September 28 - Rally in Florence

"Hello, Florence! Thank you for inviting me to your city today! You know, it is great to be able to travel around our nation and visit the people of Italy in order to get to know what issues they care about and what they want from their government. In fact, just yesterday, when I was in Naples, I was able to talk with the people there about the economic reforms of the Renzi Administration and how they helped our nation's people by making life easier for employers and employees, providing maternity benefits for mothers who want to care for their children, and lowering our nation's unemployment rate in order to make sure that more people are at work. But today, Florence, I want to talk to you about our very own political system. Under the Renzi Administration, the Italian Legislature and I have worked to pass valuable, comprehensive, and helpful legal reform that has made our electoral and government systems simpler, more understandable, and more representative of the peoples' interests. This reform was passed in a bill called the Italicum, and once it comes into effect, our nation will see a better, more advanced government system that will exalt the democratic process and represent the true interests of the people. But I'm sure many of you are asking - why is Italicum good for Italy? Why should you want to support a bill that many other people have attacked and called wrong? Well, Florence, I'll tell you why. What Italicum did was modify our nation's electoral system so representatives are elected using a two-round, party-list proportional representation voting system that was implemented to represent the interests of the Italian people more accurately. Furthermore, the bill implemented a majority bonus to the party in Parliament that gains the most votes, meaning that the government will be more stable and secure than it was in the past. I ask you, Italy - do you want a government that has seen sixty separate administrations and political leaders since the end of the Second World War? Do you want a corrupt political system that does not represent the people of Italy well? Do you want an unstable, ineffective system of government that does nothing to help Italy? I don't. Florence doesn't. Italy doesn't. And if you don't Italicum is right for you. The Democratic Party is right for you. The Renzi Administration is right for you, and most importantly, right for the people of Italy. Thank you, and good night!"

September 29 - Appearance on Di Martedí

Host: Good evening, Prime Minister Renzi. It is delightful to have you on our show tonight.

Renzi: Thank you! It's great to be here, and it's great to be able to show the people of Italy what I stand for and what the Renzi Administration has done and will do to help the people of the Republic.

Host: Well, it seems that some other people do not think that the Renzi Administration has and will help our nation. For example, Maurizio Landini of the United Left has said that Italy's lowered unemployment rate is "mostly due to favorable international conditions" and that "the Jobs Act reduced unemployment by a meager tenth of a percentage point." He also said that the Jobs Act allowed employers to start "destroying the safeguard that protected millions of workers from being fired without a valid reason" and that it gave millions of taxpayers' Euros every year to the same greedy corporations who fire workers for profit." What do you think of his remarks?

Renzi: Well, I think that my friend Landini here is quite right in saying that our nation's economic policy should favor the hard working people of Italy, but he is absolutely wrong when he says that the Jobs Act wants to accomplish the opposite. Why does he marginalize the effects of the Jobs Act, when in reality, the Act has lowered unemployment four times more than how much he said it did? Why does he dismiss the effect of the Jobs Act, when in reality, the Italian unemployment rate is currently lower than it has ever been for two and a half years? Why does Landini say that the Jobs Act is bad for Italy, when in reality, it gives mothers the maternity benefits they need and makes hiring practices easier for both employers and employees? Why does Landini say that the Jobs Act gives the money of the taxpayers away, when in reality, that money goes towards helping the unemployed Italian people through unemployment benefits? I do not understand how Landini could possibly be opposed to what the Jobs Act has done. He is misleading the people of Italy by telling them that the Jobs Act has not been good for Italy's economy and people, and it is quite unfortunate that he has his own political ambitions, rather than what is best for Italy, in mind. I implore my friend Landini to realize that the Jobs Act is good for Italy, and start telling the people of our nation the truth.

Host: Very interesting! Thank you for appearing on our show, Prime Minister!

Renzi: Thank you for inviting me! I always love to talk with the people of Italy and show them what the Renzi Administration wants to do for our nation.

_______

Next Up: Part II of the Campaign Schedule
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »

I don't think, I can continue this, as work is really piling on me and I only have 3 hours, to do anything here.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2015, 09:51:10 PM »

I don't think, I can continue this, as work is really piling on me and I only have 3 hours, to do anything here.

D:
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2015, 10:07:26 PM »

Hi! Smiley

As it seems that Barnes has not yet posted his schedule and Intell is unwilling to play unless he is given more time, I hope it is alright if I post the rest of my schedule Friday afternoon EST.

Sorry for taking so long!

And you're doing a great job as a moderator Cris! Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »

Forza Italia
Round II

26 September 2015
Rally in Rome: "My leadership places a fundamental aspect of respect in you, the Italian people.  Unlike Renzi where every trick and ploy has been implemented to continue his hold on power, I will respect both our democratic institutions as well as the people who have elected us.  The days of having politicians beholden only to themselves and their political futures must end!"

27 September 2015
Rally in Milan: Our future lies with the young people of this nation.  We must have a government that takes the concerns and values of the younger generations seriously.  This election is the chance for a new generation and a new way towards the future.  I will work to implement measures that allow for university students to find a well-paying job and be treated as members of society whose opinions are full valued and considered.

28 September 2015
Rally in Venice: "A new leadership means standing up for Italy's place in Europe within the European institutions.  We must be able to lead on the agenda and show a united strength as a people within the EU.  We cannot allow our policies to be dictated to us by our neighbors - a situation that Germany for example would never accept for themselves!"

29 September 2015
Interview on Quinta Colonna: "In the coming center-right debate you will see that I am the candidate that has the leadership ability to bring all of the forces of our movement together into one electable choice for the people - indeed, I have already proven this in Liurgia.  The candidates must show that they can lead in more than their own party, and I have the strongest ability to demonstrate that."

30 September 2015
Conducts an interview with La Repubblica: "...yes, Renzi made himself out to be a new generational leader, but actions are what counts here, and in the sixteen months since he took office we have seen one power-grab after another.  One attempt after another to deceive Italians, enforce the European line, undermine our democratic institutions, and advance his own hold on power.  This is not a new generation, this is mere showmanship."

1 October 2015
Bus tour through Molise

Rally in Campobasso

2 October 2015
Bus tour through Campania

Rest in the evening before traveling to Rome for the center-right debate.

3 October 2015
Pre-debate rally in Rome: "I pledge to you that I have the strength and the will to lead a united center-right to victory.  With your passion and your energy, we can turn out Renzi

Participate in Center-Right primary debate.

The European Union decided to allocate 120.000 war refugees among european counties, including Italy. Would you be willing to accommodate refugees allocated the Italy? If no, how you'd face the European Union that threatened sanctions for countries that will not accomodate them?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the recent days, the Five Stars Movement proposed to ban all parties, saying that quote: "they are antiquated and corrupt and that the collective intelligence of the Italian people will replace these crooks through a fully fledged digital democracy." Do you agree with them?

On the campaign trail, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said that he wants to enthusiastically recognize the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender relationships as valid and legal. What's your position on that matter?

If you will be elected Prime Minister, how Italy will be different than now at the end of your mandate, that should be 2020?

Mr. Toti, you were engaged in top Forza Italia positions by Silvio Berlusconi after a long TV career, not a political career as the other candidates on stage. Why should voters vote for a candidate that hadn't a political path?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2015, 12:58:09 AM »

If there is someone interested to play as M5S, I'm ok with that. If not, we can let a player defeated in centre right primary to play as M5S.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2015, 05:04:42 AM »

If there is someone interested to play as M5S, I'm ok with that. If not, we can let a player defeated in centre right primary to play as M5S.

Good idea. I'll have my stuff up this afternoon, sorry for the wait!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2015, 07:33:03 AM »

About to post; sorry for the wait!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »

September 30 - Rally in Rome

"Hello, Rome! Thank you, thank you! Thank you for taking some of your time today to come out here and listen to my message! It really makes me ecstatic to see so many bright, cheery faces out here this morning willing to hear what I have to say. It makes me joyful to know that so many of you care about Italian politics, so many of you want to know which party is the best to vote for, so many of you  have hope for a better future for Italy. I'll tell you, I have hope for a better future for Italy, more so than I ever have in the past. I know that our nation has what it takes to become the strongest, freest, and most prosperous in the world, and I know that the people of Italy are willing to join me in taking the steps necessary to make our nation greater. But, I ask you - are my opponents willing to do the same? Are the Brothers of Italy looking out for the true interests of the Italian people when they say that there is no reason to give lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Italians the same rights and freedoms as the rest of us enjoy? Is the North League showing care and respect for humanity itself when it says that we should not allow refugees from totalitarian regimes into Italy who simply want to find safety, protection, and a home? Does the United Left truly care about the workers and laborers of Italy when it suggests that our economic reform bill is bad for the nation even when the bill resulted in decreased unemployment, more benefits for those trying to find work, and maternity benefits for working mothers? Are parties like the Five Star Movement and Forza Italia truly looking out for the interests of the Italian people when they fight against an electoral and government reform bill that makes Parliament more representative, creates a more stable Italian government, and provides more democratic rights and powers to the Italian people? The answer, Italy, is no! Those parties do not care for the Italian people - they do not want to show LGBT citizens the same respect they show the rest of our nation, they do not want to save the lives and dignity of helpless refugees who simply want to escape their terrorized homelands for a place where safety and democracy thrives, they do not want to allow Italians to use the benefits of the Jobs Act to help workers throughout the nation find success, and they do not want to allow the Italian people to use their democracy effectively through the reforms of the Italicum bill! Italy, do you want to live in a world in which these parties are in control, or do you want to live in a world in which the Democratic Party is caring and looking out for the Italian people. I have one last thing to say - the choice is yours. Thank you, Rome! Thank you!"

October 1 - Rally in Milan

"Thank you, Milan! Thank you for the warm welcome! Thank you! I stand here today with Jorge Bandini, a good friend of mine who I have known since my very first days at the University of Florence. I trust Jorge with my life, and ever since we've known each other, his constant support and encouragement has helped me keep on going even in the darkest of times, both politically and personally. Like many of you, Jorge works hard at his job, pays all his taxes, cares for his family, and loves the Republic. Like many of you, Jorge is a patriot who cares for his nation and has its best interests at heart, and uses kindness, love, and respect in helping those around him. Like many of you, Jorge faces challenges in his life - but unlike many of you, there is one extra challenge that Jorge must face constantly. And that challenge is society. Every day, many in society tell Jorge that he is wrong and that he is a sinner only because of who he loves. Every day, many in society tell Jorge that he should not be able to get married to the love of his life, and that he should not be able to raise children even though he would be a kind and loving parent. Every day, Jorge watches political leaders from around the nation attack him and those like him not because they have done anything wrong, but simply because of who they are. Do you think that Jorge deserves to be taunted and bullied by society even though he has done nothing to hurt anyone else? Do you think that Jorge should be thought of as a pariah just because he, like millions of other proud Italian citizens, is gay? I hope you do not. Just like you, Jorge is a hard-working, loving, caring, patriotic Italian citizen who will do anything to help his country and to help others. Jorge deserves to be able to do that without being discriminated against because of his sexual identity, and Jorge deserves to be able to marry the man who he has loved unconditionally for more than a decade and have his relationship be treated the same way that heterosexual ones are. So, Italy, will you join me and Jorge in our fight for equality? Will you join us and the millions of other LGBT Italian citizens in our journey to seek better rights? I implore you to make the right decision, Italy, and I know that you will. Thank you, Milan! Thank you, Italy! Thank you!"

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2015, 10:17:48 AM »

October 2 - Appearance on Porta a Porta

Host: Everyone, give a warm welcome to our special guest tonight, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi!

Renzi: Thank you, everyone! Thank you! It's great to be here tonight with everyone so we can talk about the issues that are important to our nation.

Host: Quite right. Quite right. However, many in our nation think that you are not handling the issues important to our nation correctly. For example, Giorgia Meloni of the right-wing Brothers of Italy Party has recently said that even though the people of Italy initially trusted you, "many of those people are out of work" now and "many have seen their savings eaten away by inflation and the Euro." What do you have to say in response to this?

Renzi: Well, I think that Mrs. Meloni shares some very valid concerns regarding the important issues that the people of Italy face today, but I think she is very wrong in arguing that the Renzi Administration has not worked hard in addressing those issues. How can Meloni possibly say that many of the people of Italy who trusted me are out of work now, when in reality, unemployment has dropped significantly in our nation since the Democratic Party's Job Act was passed? There are more people with work now, not less, Meloni, though I am scared to see what would happen to our nation's unemployment rate if you were put in office. How can Meloni say that inflation is eating away the savings of the Italian people, when in reality, inflation has been crushed since the day I came into office? How can Meloni attack the European Union, when in reality, it is the European Union that is courageous enough to advocate allowing refugees into our continent instead of forcing them to stay in their homelands like Meloni wants them to and suffer under totalitarian regimes. Mrs. Giorgia Meloni, if I were you, I would not be attacking the Democratic Party, because the Democratic Party has shown throughout the past Administration that its policies work. Unemployment is down, inflation is down, there are more benefits for those seeking jobs and for working mothers, the electoral system is fairer and more representative of the people's interests, and we are allowing refugees into our nation instead of letting them suffer elsewhere. Mrs. Meloni, is that what you call a failed administration? No! If anything, I would be scared to see what a Brothers of Italy Administration would look like. I would be scared to watch unemployment and inflation go back up, I would be scared to watch LGBT Italians be discriminated against for no good reason, and I would be scared to watch as thousands of refugees who simply want somewhere protected and prosperous be turned back and not allowed in the safe haven of the Republic. Mrs. Meloni, are your policies right for Italy?

Host: Well, the Brothers of Italy certainly have a new challenge on their hands now. Thank you, Prime Minister Renzi, for appearing on our show tonight! It has been a pleasure!

Renzi: Thank you, Porta a Porta, and thank you, Italy, for listening to my message! Good night!

October 3 - Rally in Genoa

"Good morning, Genoa! Thank you, thank you for inviting me to spend the day in your city today! It is great to be here! As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I have brought a few special guests with me this morning. This is the Nazari family - Abdullah, the father, Dalal, the mother, Hamid, the son, and Amina, the daughter. These four kind people have agreed to appear with me today in order to share their story and tell the people of Italy how to help those in their situation. Abdullah was born in the capital of Syria, Damascus, in early 1964. Abdullah's family had lived in Damascus for hundreds of years, and had called Syria their home for even longer. When Abdullah was twenty-two, he met the love of his life, Dalal, and they married two years later. Now, they have two children, a handsome son and a beautiful daughter, both of which also grew up in the family's Syrian home. However, a few years ago, everything that Abdullah and his family once knew was destroyed, when the Syrian government, led by Bashar al-Assad, began a bombing campaign. Much of the city was destroyed, and many of the family's friends were killed. Sensibly, Abdullah decided to move his family to the outskirts of Syria where there was less violence in order to escape the grasp of the nation's totalitarian regime and live in peace. However, as soon as they had arrived in their new home, a new threat made itself present in the area - the Islamic State. Even more brutal than the al-Assad regime, ISIS killed many of those who traveled with Abdullah's family, and Abdullah was barely able to escape with his wife and children. However, they were thankfully able to reach the coast, and boarded a refugee boat to Italy. This is how they got here. Now, Abdullah, Dalal, Hamid, and Amina are happier than they have ever been before, and they are able to lead healthy, productive lives in Italy. Abdullah has already found a way to help the Italian economy by becoming a businessman, and Dalal has become a primary school teacher after the Good School reform bill allowed her to. Now, Italy, I must ask - what do you think of the Nazari family? Are they good, innocent people who merely want to lead good lives in the Republic, or are they enemies who will harm Italy? Many of my political opponents want you to think the latter, but I encourage you to know that the former is true. Abdullah's family has done nothing to harm the people of our nation, and they are instead merely wanting to escape persecution and live in a safe, protected, and prosperous place. Should the Nazaris be allowed to stay in Italy? The choice is up to you, but I implore you to realize that the refugees coming to Italy from around the world are real people, not just names on a list. Thank you, Genoa! Thank you!"
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »

Three posts for this round - one for September 26 to September 29, one for September 30 to October 1, and one for October 2 to October 3.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

Thanks to all people that have posted their stuff.
Round 3 stuff will be posted tomorrow/Monday (only a 5% chance).
Fitto dropped out of the centre-right primary race.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2015, 02:51:40 PM »

Thanks for being so understanding with the extensions, Cris.  Looking forward to the update!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »

Update coming tomorrow.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »

Round 3
October 4-10

General Election polls:

Average of polls:
Democratic Party 33.9%
Centre-right 30.2%
Five Stars Movement 23.7%
United Left 8.5%
Popular Area – Act! 2.9%
Others 0.8%

Primary polls:

Average of polls:
Matteo Salvini 43.5%
Giovanni Toti 33.9%
Giorgia Meloni 22.6%

Debate winner:
Matteo Salvini 33%
Giovanni Toti 24%
Giorgia Meloni 23%
Raffaele Fitto 20%

FIRST OF ALL, I'D LIKE TO CONGRATULATE WITH YOU FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS. YOU ARE RUNNING INTERESTING AND GREAT CAMPAIGNS.

FITTO DROPPED OUT OF THE PRIMARY RACE.
I WILL KEEP FIVE STARS MOVEMENT AND POPULAR AREA-ACT!'S POLLING NUMBER STABLE FOR THE NEXT 2 ROUNDS. AT THE END OF THE CENTRE-RIGHT PRIMARY, THERE WILL BE 2 FREE PLAYERS AND I'D LIKE TO ASK THEM TO PLAY AS FIVE STARS MOVEMENT AND POPULAR AREA-ACT!
CENTRE-RIGHT PRIMARY IS SCHEDULED IN ROUND 4, SO DEFEATED PLAYERS, IF WILL PLAY AS FIVE STARS MOVEMENT AND POPULAR AREA-ACT!, WILL HAVE ROUND 5 TO PICK THEIR PM CANDIDATES.

Round 3 begins now and will last for at-least 4 days, but you can ask for extentions if you want.

If you have doubts/thoughts/questions, please post them here or via a PM to me.

You can find rules here (the same of Round 1).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2015, 05:37:26 PM »

I won't be able to post my campaign schedule until Saturday. Hope that works?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies