Cris/Homelycooking - Believe in Atlasia (Concession Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:16:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris/Homelycooking - Believe in Atlasia (Concession Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Cris/Homelycooking - Believe in Atlasia (Concession Speech)  (Read 5465 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »

Do you believe it is OK to use the phrase "All Lives Matter" in response to the ongoing "Black Lives Matter" movement that is occurring throughout Atlasia?

It has been and it's still a spiny question in U.S. politics, but I'll try to answer.

I think that, generally speaking, all lives matter. Without any distinction based on sex, race, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, social conditions, political orientation, ecc.

But it's clear that there are still crimes and discrimination based on race. And that's really sad. And I think the federal government should do something to show that, not only in words, black lives matter. Discriminatory acts are doing by individuals and government can't completely stop these behaviors, but government can do his part by doing laws that punish these behaviors and sensitize all people on this matter.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2015, 05:24:46 AM »

On Constitutional Convention.

Today, Senate Speaker, ConCon Presiding Officer and presidential candidate Cris released the following statement on the last facts of Constitutional Convention:

"Some people are criticizing my job as Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention because of the big numbers of amendments on secession rights.

I'm tired of the big numbers of amendments, or better say counter amendments, on secession rights. When there were 4 amendments to be discussed and voted, I strongly encouraged delegates to stop this and withdraw their amendments, but delegates have not withdrawn their amendments and I can't do nothing on it.
If there are amendments, I shall open votes on them. If there wouldn't be rules, I'd wipe all these counter amendments, but rules say that I can't do that. And I'll follow the rules.

Last but not least, I announce that if I'll be elected President in the next week, I'll resign as Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention.
If I'll be elected, I'd be President elect, Senator, Speaker of the Senate and Presiding Officer and when I'll be sworn in, I'd be President and Presiding Officer.
I don't like have much power on my hands. And also I wouldn't be able to serve as both President elect, Senator, Speaker of the Senate and Presiding Officer and then as President and Presiding Officer. I prefer to serve on fewer offices and doing my job well.
In case of election, I'll resign as Presiding Officer and Senator Harry S. Truman, a great and capable public servant, will take my role."
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2015, 02:49:52 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2015, 02:52:50 PM by Speaker Cris »

Speaker Cris during the final rally in Manchester, NH, Northeast.

First of all, I'd like to make an appeal to all voters in order to go to the polls and vote. Even if you will not vote for me, but let's go to vote. We had an encouraging turnout in the last special Senate election and it's time to consolidate and amplify this trend. Voting is a civic right and a civic duty.

It was a great and an exciting campaign. I was glad to speak about the issues facing our nation and that's what I'll do as your next President:

I'll draft an active cabinet that, after months of vacated offices, will start to work well again for our nation on Day One. When I was elected Senate Speaker, the Senate was dying. But then it started to work again. And that's what I want to do with the Cabinet, because a working Cabinet, a working Game Moderator, working Secretaries are fundamental for our nation.

I'll do all what's in my ability to keep our country united and at the same time I'll adress the issues of promoters of Northeast independence and I'll push for more power for regional governments.
I'll fully support reforms, as I was one of the most active promoters of a Constitutional Convention, even when things were not doing well.

I'll work for good diplomatic relationship with South America and in order to do that, I'll oppose expansion of Atlasian map to Mexico (proposed by my opponent) that would only create chaos and a lot inhabitated areas. Not a big deal.

I'll work for economic growth, pushing for a flexible market, for making better condictions for our medium and small intreprise and for lower taxes when the budget's numbers make it possible.

My opponent, Register General Griffin, admited that he tried to manipulate the game to his own advantage and also he said that our next President shall have a similar behavior. I don't think so. I think we can make great things for our nation even without manipulating the game and so I can promise to you that I'll not have that behavior.

It's time for someone that believes and that already believed in the potential of our country. And both me and Homelycooking believe in this game, both of us worked hard for Atlasia and for the good of this nation.

At the end of my term, our country will be more united, active and stronger than now. It'll work well again. That's why I'm running for President and that's why I'm asking for your support.

Thank you so much. God bless you and God bless Atlasia.

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »

I #BelieveinAtlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »

Let's get it done. Endorsed
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »

Endorsed!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »

Endorsed!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2015, 07:03:30 AM »

First of all, I'd like to thank all people who voted for me. Thank you, it means a lot for me.

Also I'd like to congratulate with Mr. Griffin and Mr. Duke for their victory in the presidential race and with both Senators and Senators-elect Lumine, Oakvale, PiT, Barnes and Maxwell/RFayette (?) for their victories as well.

Also I'm glad that Northeast Independence referendum has failed. Even if Ayes would have won, it would have been illegal, because the Constitution says nothing about secession. With this vote, Northeast people showed a great courage and gave a big signal to all people that want to destroy our nation.

I have no regrets for how I ran my campaign. I'm more disappointed for various invalid votes, defections without reason in my own party and by the choices of someone else that should give me various credits, but it doesn't matter now. It matters for me, but not for our nation that now has a new President and I'm sure that despite our differences, he'll be more active than the current one and that he'll be able to get our government back to work after months of failed leadership.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank Homelycooking for being my running mate. He's a nice, capable person and I'm sure he'll continue to do a great job for our nation.

I'm looking forward to continue to serve the people of Atlasia in the remaining of my term as their At-Large Senator and to serve as delegate of the Constitutional Convention, even if I'll have to re-evaluate my position as Presiding Officer.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless Atlasia!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »

You ran a wonderful campaign and I remained undecided until polling day.

I am very happy to be working with you in the Senate and I know that there are many interesting days ahead.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »

While my first preference went to your opponent, your presence on the ballot made the decision very difficult, and I would have been thrilled to see you in the White House. I'm sure you'll have another chance to run for president sometime in the future. 
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »

While my first preference went to your opponent, your presence on the ballot made the decision very difficult, and I would have been thrilled to see you in the White House. I'm sure you'll have another chance to run for president sometime in the future. 

You ran a wonderful campaign and I remained undecided until polling day.

I am very happy to be working with you in the Senate and I know that there are many interesting days ahead.

Thanks for the kind words!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »

I wish the results, turned our differently but thank you for running a kind, spirited campaign and I know you have a bright future ahead of you here in Atlasia!!!!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »

Thank you for everything during this race. I am still truly shocked Adam and I won, I really did not expect us to come close given the electorate and your popularity.

I hope you chose to stick around and give it a shot in the future. The game needs people like you.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »

This 1000 times
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

It was a pleasure to run with Cris. Thanks to all who supported us. Best of luck to Adam and Duke.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »

I hope you try again in the future Cris. The time just wasn't right this go around. Its very tough to invest a lot in a ticket and then go down to defeat. Many times I have supported or been part of losing bids. I have been in homely's shoes twice over and probably would have been a third time had Clarence continued with his campaign.

I look forward to continue to work with you int he Senate, and homely as well. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies