Day 12: Austria
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:40:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Day 12: Austria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Day 12: Austria  (Read 3427 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria

The Germanic remnant of the Habsburg Empire. Once a major European power not a rump whose areas did not always have much in common other than the language. Burgenland was added to it from Hungary in 1919. Now a prosperous Western Europe state, with one of the best economic records in the EU. Below is an outline map of the provinces of Austria-Hungary in 1914, the red bits belonged to Cisleithania (Austria).

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »

Land of Kramus.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:38:11 PM »

Gross.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 03:25:00 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8--cZEq-vwU

Powerful stuff,
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 04:21:31 AM »

Legitimately one of the best stuff there is on youtube.

In before Tender comes here Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:28:57 AM »

Now a prosperous Western Europe state, with one of the best economic records in the EU.

Not anymore. With Faymann and his SPÖVP cronies continuously wrecking the country, we now have record-high debt, record unemployment and are one of 3 EU countries with a stagnating economy (Cyprus and Italy are the others).

Rather, Faymann and Co. are focusing on how to best fit 100.000s of illegals into our society (who have never paid anything into the system), while ignoring the will and needs of the hard-working Austrians like me (who have transformed into the donkeys of the nation to be exploited).
The Last Northerner

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »

Now a prosperous Western Europe state, with one of the best economic records in the EU.

Not anymore. With Faymann and his SPÖVP cronies continuously wrecking the country, we now have record-high debt, record unemployment and are one of 3 EU countries with a stagnating economy (Cyprus and Italy are the others).

Rather, Faymann and Co. are focusing on how to best fit 100.000s of illegals into our society (who have never paid anything into the system), while ignoring the will and needs of the hard-working Austrians like me (who have transformed into the donkeys of the nation to be exploited).

To play devil's advocate, why not vote for the FPO?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »

Lol.

I'm crying for pity. You're obviously so far worse off than all those "100.000s of illegals" (sidenote - of all the bs you have spewed so far when it comes to that, this has to be one of the worst). Argh, we truly need a new strong man, a Strache, to fix our so horrible problems!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »

Lol.

I'm crying for pity. You're obviously so far worse off than all those "100.000s of illegals" (sidenote - of all the bs you have spewed so far when it comes to that, this has to be one of the worst). Argh, we truly need a new strong man, a Strache, to fix our so horrible problems!

Not yet, but eventually we all will be - if Faymann and Co. are left in power to continue with their disastrous policies. And that future may not take long to become reality ...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »

Lol.

Not yet, but eventually we all will be - if Faymann and Co. are left in power to continue with their disastrous policies. And that future may not take long to become reality ...

The sad thing is that maybe you even believe the Scheiße you post...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:41 AM »

Lol.

You naive left-left-wingers call it "sh*t", I call it the truth ... and judging by all the hostile reactions I got over the last weeks and months, I probably hit a nerve with you naives as the truth sometimes hurts. But you will only realize that you were wrong if some of these ISIS a**holes that are among the illegals blows something up somewhere in Europe.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »

Lol.

You naive left-left-wingers call it "sh*t", I call it the truth ... and judging by all the hostile reactions I got over the last weeks and months, I probably hit a nerve with you naives as the truth sometimes hurts. But you will only realize that you were wrong if some of these ISIS a**holes that are among the illegals blows something up somewhere in Europe.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »

Lol.

Oh yeah, here comes the Pavlovian reflex-like picture of Strache with a cross in his hand. These scare tactics by the Left is getting annoying. Besides, where did I ever post anything about "religion" ? I'm concerned about the ISIS wankers that are among the illegals, not about Islam itself.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:22 AM »

Yeah, maybe Austria should deploy Krampus to the border as some kind of scarecrow.

The migrants would probably never set foot into Austria again ...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 08:23:28 AM »

record unemployment
5.8%, as of July 2015. I think that fits into the description of a prosperous Western European state with one of the best economic records in the EU.

Though I obviously agree with you when it comes to SPÖVP in general and the migration crisis specifically, Austria's economic performance has been just fine.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »

record unemployment
5.8%, as of July 2015. I think that fits into the description of a prosperous Western European state with one of the best economic records in the EU.

Though I obviously agree with you when it comes to SPÖVP in general and the migration crisis specifically, Austria's economic performance has been just fine.

Since Faymann became Chancellor, the number of registered unemployed and those hidden in training courses (who do not count as "unemployed", but who receive the unemployment money as well) has risen from 200.000 to almost 400.000 now.

We all know that the Eurostat UE numbers are highly skewed, because it includes as "employed" anyone who works just 1 hour (!) each week, therefore inflating the labour force.

The number of actual registered unemployed at the AMS (Labour Agency) is a much better indicator than the skewed telephone survey from EUROSTAT, because these people actually are registered and therefore receive the money.

On the GDP numbers:

"Austria's economic performance has been just fine"

Not since Faymann took over: For the past years, we only managed growth rates of 0.2%-0.5%, while at the same time the population (due to mass immigration) has grown by 0.5-1% each year. Before Faymann took over, our GDP growth rates were constantly above the EU average, now it's way below that ... but that's unsurprising considering Faymann and Co. invests 99% of their time in helping the illegals instead of the citizens who elected them.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 08:44:02 AM »

Lol.

Oh yeah, here comes the Pavlovian reflex-like picture of Strache with a cross in his hand. These scare tactics by the Left is getting annoying. Besides, where did I ever post anything about "religion" ? I'm concerned about the ISIS wankers that are among the illegals, not about Islam itself.

That picture serves no other purpose but to outly that basically everything you say comes directly from the man above. If you find another picture of Strache that you would like me to use, just shoot it out. Maybe that one?

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM »

Cranberry, I'm a Conserva-Green and not a naive-lef-leftist Green like you and how you expect all of them to be (in your left-fascist Green world view). Deal with it. Who cares if I mirror Strache on 2 topics out of 100s (immigration and fiscal issues) ? We had that debate before and came to no common Nenner, so no need to warm it all up again.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 08:55:21 AM »

Cranberry, I'm a Conserva-Green and not a naive-lef-leftist Green like you and how you expect all of them to be (in your left-fascist Green world view). Deal with it. Who cares if I mirror Strache on 2 topics out of 100s (immigration and fiscal issues) ? We had that debate before and came to no common Nenner, so no need to warm it all up again.

This is not about you voting Green (I mean, I don't care if you vote against your obvious interests, it's one more vote for the Greens anyway), it's about your clearly horrible views in general. (Just one thing though - you agree with Strache on immigration and the economy - what's left then?)
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 09:41:56 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 09:49:17 AM by Beezer »

Looks like Austria is headed for a civil war if even the Greens are at eacher others' throats on immigration.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »

I want the old Tender back Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »

Time to demod IMO.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 03:40:05 PM »

Looks like Austria is headed for a civil war if even the Greens are at eacher others' throats on immigration.

The thing is that there is no single Green in Austria that thinks the same as Tender on immigration... On this issue he is worse than any FPÖer...
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »

Well back to the issue, well Austria is a nice enough country; well functioning, nice cuisine, both culture and nature for the tourists, a general pleasant population etc.

As for history, the stupidest thing the allies did was to weaken it to the degree they did, ensuring that the Austrians would seek a union with Germany, while dissolving central Europe into minor states which Germany could easily dominate, the intelligent thing the allies could do, was to do their best to keep the former empire together as some kind of union, of course they likely wouldn't succeed, but their historical acts was moronic.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »

I am a fan of Austria, as well as the other countries in the German Sprachraum.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies