what would the best choice for a ticket be(geographically speaking)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  what would the best choice for a ticket be(geographically speaking)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what would the best choice for a ticket be(geographically speaking)  (Read 2109 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2005, 07:31:26 PM »

I'd say Republicans Jeb Bush/Olympia Snowe
Democrats Jim Doyle/Harry Reid

Only, geographically speaking, not taking the candidate or their veiws into consideration.

Jeb Bush would solidfy Florida and keep the south solid, possibly increase numbers.  Snowe could turn some New England states GOP.  I think there's a EV in Maine that almost voted Bush.  They might also get Connecticut and New Hampshire. (if only they supplied a large amount of votes.

Doyle would solidlfy Wisconsin, and turn more of the Midwest Democratic, Reid would get Nevada and some of the long-shot western states like New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 07:43:59 PM »

Substitute Feingold for Doyle maybe.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 07:44:39 PM »

I'd say to replace Doyle with Bayh, given that with Bayh you'd probably get all of what Doyle does plus Indiana, and 11 Republican EVs is nothing to sniff at.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:57:35 PM »

Only, geographically speaking, not taking the candidate or their veiws into consideration.

Jeb Bush would solidfy Florida and keep the south solid, possibly increase numbers.  Snowe could turn some New England states GOP.  I think there's a EV in Maine that almost voted Bush.  They might also get Connecticut and New Hampshire. (if only they supplied a large amount of votes.

Doyle would solidlfy Wisconsin, and turn more of the Midwest Democratic, Reid would get Nevada and some of the long-shot western states like New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.

CT??  NO way.   Snowe is not going to have that much pull as VP to have CT go to Jeb
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 03:45:25 AM »

CT??  NO way.   Snowe is not going to have that much pull as VP to have CT go to Jeb

If you had a popular Connecticut politican as VP (Gov. Rell, for instance)...and you won 53-54% of the PV, then Connecticut might flip.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:52:43 AM »

Connecticut isn't voting for the Southern Religious Party any more.  And the only way Maine would is with Snowe on the ticket, which is of course impossible.

Anyway, the best would be Bayh/Feingold or Feingold/Bayh for the Dems, and Jeb/Santorum for the GOP.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:43:46 PM »

you really think so for the Dems opebo?  I would think they'd try to break into some of the mildly Republican states by nominating someone from the west, or something like that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 08:54:44 PM »

you really think so for the Dems opebo?  I would think they'd try to break into some of the mildly Republican states by nominating someone from the west, or something like that.

Nevada is too small a state, and the western competitive states are scattered all over the place, strictly geographically, Reid wouldn't help all that much. Bayh would be a great help, due to the fact that Ohio is so close (both politically and geographically). Indiana + Ohio = 31 EVs. For the GOP, Jeb/Santorum for a defensive strategy or Santorum/Jeb to try and go after Pennsylvania.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:48:47 PM »

Colorado/Michigan?
jacob_101

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »

I don't think the VP pick would flip any region of the country.
People vote for the top of the ticket.

Edwards only helped NC move slightly democratic, and helped virtually nowhere else around NC.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 10:11:07 PM »

Arizona/Virginia or Missouri/Nevada
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 08:39:59 AM »

Geographically, the Dems need the Midwest and the Southwest/South, ideally Ohio/Florida or something like that. Republicans should have South and Midwest, something like Pennsylvania/Florida.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 04:56:45 PM »

Feingold would solidify Wisconsin Doyle wouldn't. Not a lot of people like him now. Lot of people did when they voted for him but it's changed at least where I am.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies