Joe Biden: A Breath of Fresh Air
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Joe Biden: A Breath of Fresh Air
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden: A Breath of Fresh Air  (Read 1165 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seems similar to a comment made about Atlas's Republican.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:35:15 PM »

So, a Biden vs Trump would be one breath of fresh air against another? Epic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »

Biden is the only Democrat that can defeat Trump.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »

Why did you  up the link?
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:58:03 PM »

A breath of fresh air from the Hillary world that has been the Democratic primary maybe, but nominating the current VP is hardly a breath of fresh air in a general sense.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »

Biden is the only Democrat that can defeat Trump.

I agree with this. It would be wrong to underestimate Trump. And probably the only two who can defeat Trump in the primary are Carson or Rubio. I just don't see Jeb Bush or Hillary becoming president.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »

Well if it was question of Biden or Clinton who would you pick? I'd prefer Biden on a personal level, but Hillary on a political level...look at that face, imagine having to tolerate that and her whiny voice for four years!...c'mon, give me a break...however she'd be easier to defeat, so having to tolerate the noxious Clinton's for four years is something that we all will be spared.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »

Republicans hate Biden just as much as they do Hillary and Obama and Clinton and Carter and Johnson, Kennedy, etc. This love fest is a farce.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 02:28:45 PM »

Republicans hate Biden just as much as they do Hillary and Obama and Clinton and Carter and Johnson, Kennedy, etc. This love fest is a farce.

DrScholl, ever since you first registered, you have been nothing but a hack for the most extreme left. We do, genuinely, like Biden and we absolutely hate Clinton.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »

DrScholl, ever since you first registered, you have been nothing but a hack for the most extreme left. We do, genuinely, like Biden and we absolutely hate Clinton.

If it's being a hack to tell the truth, so be it. Even if Trump is the nominee and Biden is the Democratic nominee, Republicans will neutralize their corners and say the same negative, ugly things they would against any other Democrat. That's how the game works and it isn't a game that I invented.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »

If it's being a hack to tell the truth, so be it. Even if Trump is the nominee and Biden is the Democratic nominee, Republicans will neutralize their corners and say the same negative, ugly things they would against any other Democrat. That's how the game works and it isn't a game that I invented.

This race isn't going to be won among the hardcore members of either party, it's going to be won among the swing voters.

Biden's advantage isn't that Republicans won't try to attack him, it's that their attacks will be much less believable than the ones against Clinton (Shady, unlikable) or Sanders (fringe, radical).
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »

Hence my argument that Hillary is a better option for any Republican and any Democrat who has the cajones to say otherwise is either deluded, which is truly sad or knows something that rest of us would love to know...for gawd's sake! Look at that face!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »

Hence my argument that Hillary is a better option for any Republican and any Democrat who has the cajones to say otherwise is either deluded, which is truly sad or knows something that rest of us would love to know...for gawd's sake! Look at that face!

You mean, her persona?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »

As an independent, I want someone I'm not afraid of on both sides. Jeb Bush? Bush. Hillary Clinton? Clinton without Charisma. Donald Trump? Extreme blowhard - genius. John Kasich? Uniter. Joe Biden? Noble man.

If I were a Republican, I would want Clinton nominated.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:37 PM »

He's certainly a breath of fresh air compared to Hillary. But Sanders is way better on the issues.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:46 PM »

As an independent, I want someone I'm not afraid of on both sides. Jeb Bush? Bush. Hillary Clinton? Clinton without Charisma. Donald Trump? Extreme blowhard - genius. John Kasich? Uniter. Joe Biden? Noble man.

If I were a Republican, I would want Clinton nominated.

Of course we want Clinton nominated.
HillOfANight
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »

He's so charming, he withdrew in 1998 and got 1% in 2008 in Iowa before quitting.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »

Here's the link to the article.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »

He's so charming, he withdrew in 1998 1988 and got 1% in 2008 in Iowa before quitting.

He wasn't VP back then, and the Democratic Party wasn't so ideologically liberal back then.  He was just a Senator from Delaware, a small state with only 3 EV.  He wasn't a Southerner like Clinton or Gore, with the allure of bringing in at least a few of the Southern states, and he wasn't the kind of guy who could plausibly sell himself as a "New Democrat" or something like that.

Now, he's a sitting VP, and he's gotten generally positive reviews.  He's the kind of guy who remembers when politics wasn't hatefully ideological, when a Democrat and a Republican could have a beer after work and chat.  Biden's still like that.  Hillary's one of the folks who did much to change that to where it's all ideology and partisanship.  That's one of the reasons SHE'S unpopular.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies