14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:58:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11567 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »

If seen several people on here defend the overreaction of the school and the police as reasonable, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually defend the decision to suspend the kid for three days even after everyone involved knew for sure that there was no wrongdoing. Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me that that suspension was anything other than horrible racism?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:56 AM »

The dumbest thing about this whole debate is that the clock doesn't look like a bomb, because bombs with dumb beeping visual timers only exist in bad action movies.

Also, f**k Richard Dawkins
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2015, 01:22:20 AM »

The dumbest thing about this whole debate is that the clock doesn't look like a bomb, because bombs with dumb beeping visual timers only exist in bad action movies.

Also, f**k Richard Dawkins

Aww boo freakin hoo.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2015, 01:38:16 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 01:42:21 AM by Green Line »

Guys, this isn't about the kid, the clock or the bomb. It's the fact that Muslims face an absolutely awful situation in America where they're attacked, scapegoated and ridiculed by idiots who don't even understand what's going on. You've got Presidential candidates saying that Muslims can't be Presidents, you've had this insane nudge nudge that Obama must be a Muslim and thus unfit for office  

Alright calm down.. You dont understand the situation of Muslims in this country at all. They are not being attacked. They've been more successful than almost any other immigrant group in America. They have high incomes, good jobs, and live in integrated neighborhoods at a way higher rate than many others in America. This ridiculous attempt to turn them into another persecuted minority is so far from the truth
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2015, 01:44:14 AM »

If seen several people on here defend the overreaction of the school and the police as reasonable, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually defend the decision to suspend the kid for three days even after everyone involved knew for sure that there was no wrongdoing. Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me that that suspension was anything other than horrible racism?

He was told, multiple times before the incident, not to bring the clock to school and did so anyway. You listen to your teachers in school or face punishment. Is that not fair?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »

Guys, this isn't about the kid, the clock or the bomb. It's the fact that Muslims face an absolutely awful situation in America where they're attacked, scapegoated and ridiculed by idiots who don't even understand what's going on. You've got Presidential candidates saying that Muslims can't be Presidents, you've had this insane nudge nudge that Obama must be a Muslim and thus unfit for office  

Alright calm down.. You dont understand the situation of Muslims in this country at all. They are not being attacked. They've been more successful than almost any other immigrant group in America. They have high incomes, good jobs, and live in integrated neighborhoods at a way higher rate than many others in America. This ridiculous attempt to turn them into another persecuted minority is so far from the truth

*citation needed*
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:56 AM »

*citation needed*

Not needed. Its common knowledge. Do a simple google search, im not your mother.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:04 AM »

He was told, multiple times before the incident, not to bring the clock to school and did so anyway. You listen to your teachers in school or face punishment. Is that not fair?

The liberals will say it's "not fair" because they'll claim racism. "It's not fair" that the bank robber in the ski mask got shot because when they took off the mask he was black.

Boo hoo hoo. I can't believe there are such weak people in the world.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:12 AM »

https://storify.com/ajstream/afterseptember11
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 07:28:27 AM »

Some kids got weird looks and asked insensitive questions.. They'll be fine
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2015, 07:40:09 AM »

how about actually reading it?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 11:49:53 AM by Zioneer »

*citation needed*

Not needed. Its common knowledge. Do a simple google search, im not your mother.

The burden of proof is on the person who makes the claims. You should have provided links or other evidence in your initial post if you didn't want me making fun of your total lack of evidence.

Also, presuming I do google search, what exactly would I look for? "How muslims were treated after 9/11?" That seems ripe for the lunatics that pop up in google search to crowd out the actual evidence.

EDIT: I searched for exactly that, and all I'm coming up with is evidence that muslims have been treated badly.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »

A self-selecting group of Twitter comments about incidents over a decade old are not remotely a good piece of evidence.

I don't doubt that they faced a good deal of ugliness at times and the current rhetoric by the likes of Carson and Trump is deeply irresponsible, but the hate crime statistics simply don't back up any sort of anti-Muslim epidemic.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2015, 03:56:59 PM »

That's called racism you cynical right-wing asshole. Just because a black person wouldn't be physically harmed by being called a ni**ger doesn't mean that we should go around shouting ni**ger.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:40 PM »

That's called racism you cynical right-wing asshole. Just because a black person wouldn't be physically harmed by being called a ni**ger doesn't mean that we should go around shouting ni**ger.

Where did I say that any of those things are okay?  I was responding to the poster who said Muslims in America face an "absolutely awful situation".  That just hyperbole.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

Not trying to blame the victim, but building a clock that looks like a bomb will not help your situation.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2015, 03:29:48 AM »

*bump*

Now a Halloween costume:

http://www.chron.com/life/style/article/Now-you-can-be-Texas-clock-bomb-boy-AKA-Ahmen-6554879.php
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »

Is there a warning that Muslims should not purchase this?  (I'm thinking back to dead0man's post, sorry)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »

I love the "Sexy Donald Trump" and "Sexy Cecil the Lion" ones.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2015, 03:14:24 PM »

Jesus finsking Christ, you've got to be joking.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »

14 year old boys are such an overrated demographic.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2015, 07:31:12 AM »

If I made a clock that looked like that and brought it to school, I guarantee you I'd get arrested.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:41 PM »

If I made a clock that looked like that and brought it to school, I guarantee you I'd get arrested.

Yes, but no one would care since they couldn't politicize it.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2015, 03:46:19 AM »

Obama really tried to downplay the meeting between him an Ahmed after the latter's whirlwind tour of the Islamic world during which he met genocidal maniacs (is Ahmed still going to school?). A far cry from "cool clock"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »

Apparently the kid and his family are now moving to Qatar:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/20/ahmed-mohamed-qatar/74300920/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies