14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:20:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11594 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2015, 11:38:51 PM »

So no more adventures of running for President of the Sudan?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2015, 12:49:55 AM »

Clock boy is suing everybody now, a shocking turn I know!

Also, there are more attacks against Jews in the US than there are Muslims (or all other religious groups put together).
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2015, 09:21:53 AM »

Also, there are more attacks against Jews in the US than there are Muslims (or all other religious groups put together).

There is more Zionist BS polluting these threads than any other kind.

For crying out loud it is a kid who went through some messed up stuff.  Take a break from this nonsense.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »

What a lad.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »

I was right for being skeptical of this kid from the start.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »

Yeah screw him for seeking retribution for being discriminated against and having his rights violated.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »

Yeah screw him for seeking retribution for being discriminated against and having his rights violated.
I was bullied too in Middle School. Where's my $15 million?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

Were you arrested and publically labelled a terrorist essentially for your ethnicity?

Your inabilty to distinguish between the two obviously different situations does you no credit whatsoever .
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2015, 02:58:03 PM »

Yahoo News tier comment, you're better than that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2015, 03:03:19 PM by Draft Uncle Pat for President, 2016! »

Were you arrested and publically labelled a terrorist essentially for your ethnicity?

Your inabilty to distinguish between the two obviously different situations does you no credit whatsoever .
There really isn't a difference. Weird kid in weird times does weird things, weird rednecks react in kind. The fact is, people do nasty, horrible things to people of all faiths everyday. Being a victim of the real world doesn't entitle you to a medal and a five minute photo-op with Obama.

Also, the kid brought it in for an engineering class, yet instead randomly plugged it into the wall during English class, for no reason. Should have been sent out of class just for disrupting it. I didn't walk into Mrs. Moss's class everyday when I was a freshmen yelling "hey guys I met Tim Pawlenty!"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »

There really isn't a difference. Weird kid in weird times does weird things, weird rednecks react in kind. The fact is, people do nasty, horrible things to people of all faiths everyday. Being a victim of the real world doesn't entitle you to a medal and a five minute photo-op with Obama.

Also, the kid brought it in for an engineering class, yet instead randomly plugged it into the wall during English class, for no reason. Should have been sent out of class just for disrupting it. I didn't walk into Mrs. Moss's class everyday when I was a freshmen yelling "hey guys I met Tim Pawlenty!"

you weren't ARRESTED as a TERRORIST for your ETHNICITY. get that through your thick "former" white supremacist head.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2015, 05:44:01 PM »

Ahmed wasn't "arrested as a terrorist". He was arrested for supposedly causing a disruption at school. Which he shouldn't have been, but let's not let the facts get any more muddled here. This was a minor local law enforcement affair.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »

Ahmed wasn't "arrested as a terrorist". He was arrested for supposedly causing a disruption at school. Which he shouldn't have been, but let's not let the facts get any more muddled here. This was a minor local law enforcement affair.

Talk about muddling the faacts. Roll Eyes

He was a bright middle school kid who brought a homemade clock to school to impreess a teacher. Yes, undoubtedy occasionally absurd zero tolerance school policies had a role to play, but anyone who believes for a second he would've been arrested if he was a white Methodist boy is deluding themselves.

Whathe was arrested for was bringing a (fantastically imagined) suspicion of bringing a bomb to blow up his school. "bomb + Muslim = terrorist" as many Americans will tell you, including repeatedly mayor of that city.

this was an attack of blatant Islamophobia, but it hit a telegenic middle class kid and proved an embarrassment
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2015, 06:19:01 PM by Draft Uncle Pat for President, 2016! »

you weren't ARRESTED as a TERRORIST for your ETHNICITY. get that through your thick "former" white supremacist head.
Was he arrested and charged as a terrorist? Or was he arrested for being disruptive. The only reason anybody even heard of this was because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU (I can use caps too) who, whether real or imagined, brought in Islamaphobia into the equation. It didn't have to be a racial issue, but Admed's family was smart enough to see where the money was and made it into one.

Was he mistreated? Yes. Are millions of other Muslims mistreated? Yes. Are black Americans mistreated by the police? Yes. Lots of people are mistreated. The world is a bad place. People are bad. That doesn't entitle anyone to anything besides their basic rights to life and liberty.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »

Talk about muddling the faacts. Roll Eyes

He was a bright middle school kid who brought a homemade clock to school to impreess a teacher. Yes, undoubtedy occasionally absurd zero tolerance school policies had a role to play, but anyone who believes for a second he would've been arrested if he was a white Methodist boy is deluding themselves.

Whathe was arrested for was bringing a (fantastically imagined) suspicion of bringing a bomb to blow up his school. "bomb + Muslim = terrorist" as many Americans will tell you, including repeatedly mayor of that city.

this was an attack of blatant Islamophobia, but it hit a telegenic middle class kid and proved an embarrassment

The actual charge was a "fake bomb scare".

Of course this happened because he's Muslim. No one's really disputing this. But the way people are talking, you'd think the FBI swept in and subjected him to enhanced interrogation.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »

Was he arrested and charged as a terrorist? Or was he arrested for being disruptive. The only reason anybody even heard of this was because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU (I can use caps too) who, whether real or imagined, brought in Islamaphobia into the equation. It didn't have to be a racial issue, but Admed's family was smart enough to see where the money was and made it into one.

Was he mistreated? Yes. Are millions of other Muslims mistreated? Yes. Are black Americans mistreated by the police? Yes. Lots of people are mistreated. The world is a bad place. People are bad. That doesn't entitle anyone to anything besides their basic rights to life and liberty.

Of course everyone gets mistreated. But when there is a pattern of certain people being mistreated in a certain way, you can't just ignore it.

And yes the world is a bad place, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the world better where we can. You're "OH BUCK UP THE WORLD IS HARSH" talk is just an excuse for not giving a s**t.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »

The American Way.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »

Gee, Muslims sure have it bad in America.  Kid gets arrested for about 30 mins and it making millions off of it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »

Of course everyone gets mistreated. But when there is a pattern of certain people being mistreated in a certain way, you can't just ignore it.

And yes the world is a bad place, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the world better where we can. You're "OH BUCK UP THE WORLD IS HARSH" talk is just an excuse for not giving a s**t.
The problem with the people like you is that we can't make the world a better place. Giving Ahmed $15 million that could be used to hire actually competent school teachers isn't going to make this go away.

I guarantee you that the teacher who reported him won't be fired.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »

The problem with the people like you is that we can't make the world a better place. Giving Ahmed $15 million that could be used to hire actually competent school teachers isn't going to make this go away.

Giving him money won't solve the problem, but talking about it and addressing the xenophobia behind the decision might. Both are certainly better options than saying "Kid deserved it"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »

Giving him money won't solve the problem, but talking about it and addressing the xenophobia behind the decision might. Both are certainly better options than saying "Kid deserved it"
Personally, the kid pisses me off. His family never gave a damn about the Islamaphobia that regular Muslim-Americans face because they are politically connected (his father was twice an opposition candidate for President) and wealthy. A quick bio on his father. Because of one incident, he gets, among other things, a scholarship to a school in Qatar, a meeting at the White House, tours of NASA facilities, and so on. He has done nothing. Literally, nothing, to deserve this.

And seriously, why does Ahmed get a pass when children are expelled from school for bringing water guns, eating cookies or having a pocket knife in their locked car. If people get suspended, or even expelled for these offenses, why shouldn't Ahmed not be punished?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »

By the time the public found out about the story, he was obviously not a terrorist.  Hell, did anybody ever think he was a terrorist other than math (or whatever) teacher who went nuts when a bomb looking device hiding in a backpack started beeping?  No he shouldn't have been arrested, but I still maintain any kid that brings a bomb looking device to school is going to get in trouble, no matter their skin color or what stupid book they pray too.  Perhaps not arrested, maybe his skin color and stupid god played a part in that, but without those things he doesn't get to see the President, go on a world tour of rich fans of his "tragedy" and certainly wouldn't be suing the local school district for millions of dollars.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »

TBH this guy really pisses me off.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »

Every day Atlas becomes more and more indistinguishable from Stormfront. A once great institution--SAD!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies