14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:23:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11651 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 16, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »

I'm not saying he should have been arrested or suspended, he clearly shouldn't be, but it was kind of funking stupid for him to bring a clock that looks oddly bomb like to school on Sep 11th.  Being a Muslim makes it an even worse idea.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:49:01 AM »

I'm not saying he should have been arrested or suspended, he clearly shouldn't be, but it was kind of funking stupid for him to bring a clock that looks oddly bomb like to school on Sep 11th.  Being a Muslim makes it an even worse idea.

That's exactly the kind of mentality we want instilled in 14 year old boys. I shouldn't do what a 'normal' boy can do because I'm a Muslim.

So, Muslims have a special responsibility to look and act "unsuspicious"?

Does this kind of special responbility also apply to blacks when it comes to dealing with police officers?
You guys can read English correct?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:00:13 AM »

Schools and police handle sh**t poorly all the time.  Sometimes there isn't even a Muslim involved.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:59 AM »

Slightly less stupid, but still stupid.  Nobody should bring things that could be mistaken for a bomb to school.  Which is why the "cool" teacher told him to make sure no other teachers saw it.  Like I tell my white boys and half white girls, "it's ok to do crap that's against the rules (assuming the rules are stupid), just don't get caught...if you get caught, don't be a bitch.  Take your lumps, move on, don't get caught next time."  If that thing you made that is against the rules can beep, you better make damn sure it doesn't beep in math class, you now how that bitch Miss Patterson has it out for you.

My mistake on the Sep 11th part.  Dad mentioned it, so I assumed......my mistake.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 06:24:02 AM »

13 year old boy suspended for playing "hangman" (a word game a long the lines of Wheel of Fortune that kids have played forever)

6 different stories of students suspended for obviously fake guns

very white 12 year old girl suspended for not tucking in shirt

teen suspended for pink hair (to support breast cancer), teen suspended for growing hair too long (to support his sister with cancer), I could go on for hours I'm sure, but I'm hoping you get the point.  Like I said in my first words in my first post in this thread
I'm not saying he should have been arrested or suspended, he clearly shouldn't be,
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 06:27:35 AM »

I know of many people who bring in clocks to put in their lockers, this is just absurd.
It was a home made clock.  Hidden in a back pack.  That beeped in the middle of class.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:14 AM »

I think people are taking my comments in a way I did not intend.  He shouldn't have been kicked out of school, arrested or suspended, I'm glad the ACLU is looking into it and hope every thing turns out well for the little MacGyver(sic?).  It's still not a smart thing to bring anything that could be confused with a bomb to a public school in America in 2015.  No matter your skin color or religion (assumed religion even), but some of those just make it more likely for idiots to act stupid, as in this case.  People freak out over the stupidest things.  It's generally a good idea to not frighten (the) sheep.  They startle easy, and then all dart off in the same, but random direction.  It can be dangerous.

I was wrong to say "funking stupid", ignorant would have been a better word.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 05:36:05 AM »

Seems to me, getting arrested is the best thing that's ever happened to this kid.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 12:49:55 AM »

Clock boy is suing everybody now, a shocking turn I know!

Also, there are more attacks against Jews in the US than there are Muslims (or all other religious groups put together).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »

Were you arrested and publically labelled a terrorist essentially for your ethnicity?
By the time the public found out about the story, he was obviously not a terrorist.  Hell, did anybody ever think he was a terrorist other than math (or whatever) teacher who went nuts when a bomb looking device hiding in a backpack started beeping?  No he shouldn't have been arrested, but I still maintain any kid that brings a bomb looking device to school is going to get in trouble, no matter their skin color or what stupid book they pray too.  Perhaps not arrested, maybe his skin color and stupid god played a part in that, but without those things he doesn't get to see the President, go on a world tour of rich fans of his "tragedy" and certainly wouldn't be suing the local school district for millions of dollars.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »

I don't know of any and it would be impossible to prove without somebody coming clean, but it certainly makes more sense than the original story.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »

This thread has become a cesspool.
Story didn't quite turn out like you expected did it?  Damn facts.  Hey, at least you meant well.  Maybe the next victim will stay a victim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies