14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:57:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11649 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 25, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

Clock boy is suing everybody now, a shocking turn I know!

Also, there are more attacks against Jews in the US than there are Muslims (or all other religious groups put together).

I was right for being skeptical of this kid from the start.

Yeah screw him for seeking retribution for being discriminated against and having his rights violated.
I was bullied too in Middle School. Where's my $15 million?
Were you arrested and publically labelled a terrorist essentially for your ethnicity?

Your inabilty to distinguish between the two obviously different situations does you no credit whatsoever .
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »

Also, there are more attacks against Jews in the US than there are Muslims (or all other religious groups put together).

Yeah screw him for seeking retribution for being discriminated against and having his rights violated.
I was bullied too in Middle School. Where's my $15 million?
Were you arrested and publically labelled a terrorist essentially for your ethnicity?

Your inabilty to distinguish between the two obviously different situations does you no credit whatsoever .
There really isn't a difference. Weird kid in weird times does weird things, weird rednecks react in kind. The fact is, people do nasty, horrible things to people of all faiths everyday. Being a victim of the real world doesn't entitle you to a medal and a five minute photo-op with Obama.

Also, the kid brought it in for an engineering class, yet instead randomly plugged it into the wall during English class, for no reason. Should have been sent out of class just for disrupting it. I didn't walk into Mrs. Moss's class everyday when I was a freshmen yelling "hey guys I met Tim Pawlenty!"

you weren't ARRESTED as a TERRORIST for your ETHNICITY. get that through your thick "former" white supremacist head.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »

Ahmed wasn't "arrested as a terrorist". He was arrested for supposedly causing a disruption at school. Which he shouldn't have been, but let's not let the facts get any more muddled here. This was a minor local law enforcement affair.

Talk about muddling the faacts. Roll Eyes

He was a bright middle school kid who brought a homemade clock to school to impreess a teacher. Yes, undoubtedy occasionally absurd zero tolerance school policies had a role to play, but anyone who believes for a second he would've been arrested if he was a white Methodist boy is deluding themselves.

Whathe was arrested for was bringing a (fantastically imagined) suspicion of bringing a bomb to blow up his school. "bomb + Muslim = terrorist" as many Americans will tell you, including repeatedly mayor of that city.

this was an attack of blatant Islamophobia, but it hit a telegenic middle class kid and proved an embarrassment
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »

It's funny how the people who sided with him just can't admit they were played.

"played" Roll Eyes

Why? because his family sued (justifiably IMHO)? because his family decided to emigrate afterwords?

Weak....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies