14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:15:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11710 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« on: September 16, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »

Thoroughly disgusting. I hope the boy's family sues and brings the school to its knees.

This, especially if it's true that the kid has been suspended. Even if one were to excuse the overreaction of the administrators and the police, any actual punishment is utterly inexcusable unless the school handbook literally has a standing rule against clocks.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »

If seen several people on here defend the overreaction of the school and the police as reasonable, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually defend the decision to suspend the kid for three days even after everyone involved knew for sure that there was no wrongdoing. Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me that that suspension was anything other than horrible racism?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »

It's funny how the people who sided with him just can't admit they were played.

He wasn't wrongly arrested?

The school handled the situation improperly.  But, why is that a national news story and why is this kid some type of genius/martyr? 

I knew someone who was suspended from school for having a photo of a musket in their revolutionary war presentation.  We have zero tolerance for weapons in school.  Schools take bomb threats very seriously.  There seems to have been a breakdown in communication here though.  But, if the police legitimately thought, this kid brought a hoax bomb to school, they should have arrested and questioned him.

Now, the question of whether the kid put the clock in the box to provoke a response which he could play as Islamophobia?  I don't know.  But, people are very frustrated that the left tried to spin this story and got the facts wrong.  They wanted a story like this so they fashioned it to fit their narrative.  His parents are certainly guilty for participating in that deceitful process.

What facts did "the left" actually get wrong though? Just that the clock wasn't particularly clever or neat? So what?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies